Still Fun

Jester986

I've been having a lot of fun with this old girl hunting Bugs in the Persian Gulf. She is definitely a credible threat against modern planes if you run with your radar off and use GCI or AWACS to sneak up behind them. Most of the people flying the Hornet don't seem to think to use all their resources and rely to much on that powerful radar of theirs.

You mean how the mig was designed to be used :)

Enjoy it for now, once the datalink in the F18 is implemented those sort of fun and games will be over.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

You mean how the mig was designed to be used :)

Enjoy it for now, once the datalink in the F18 is implemented those sort of fun and games will be over.

Exactly! I don't know many people who use it that way though. I'm guilty of using the radar to search when I was playing in a server with no AWACS or GCI.

And sadly you right. Guess I'll have to make a mad dash to take out that E-2 first! You know they're going to leave it unprotected....

Yeah the feeling of am I going to be in a spin or crash every time I move the stick is one of the best feelings in DCS imo. Love the vodka rocket and can't wait till she gets her facelift :):)

indeed. it likes to oscillate... It feel like an inherently unstable airplane, without fbw.. anyone ever see the 1st flight of the F16 when it just took off on it's own, oscillating like crazy? reminds me of that lol

Edited by razorseal

He wants to turn it on.

Damn I need to learn to read. Actually dyslexic so I really did see "off" but I don't like making excises so we can just go with, "I'm dumb." Thanks. :thumbup:

Side note: Being dyslexic is fun sometimes because signs can say odd and entertaining things. Gotta roll with it.

Yes, love the Mig 21's ability to be dangerous! Both to enemy pilots and yourself!

It's the fastest way to circumnavigate our DCS World maps.

If/when it gets a face lift, can the cockpit canopy be cleaned please. This is an aircraft that uses our mk1 eyeball to track enemy targets. On a monitor, any specks of muck look like possible targets!

Spasiba!

Edited by Accipiter
Typo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky

• 2 weeks later...