Am i late to the party?

SunDown

Hello everyone.

So I've been coming back to DCS and firing up the A-10C. I've been going through all the Maple training campaigns and having a lot of fun, but something keeps drawing me to the Mig-21. So this morning I went ahead and got it.

Something about it, just an engine with small wings, fragile as tin foil and no tech makes me think I'm a TIE Fighter pilot lol. Anyway, I'm looking forward to learning this historic aircraft. If anyone in the UK or USA wants to give me a hand, please hit me up.

Thanks again

I'm a noob to the MiG-21 and to DCS in general. Been flying the F-5E more as it is easier to learn, nice clean cockpit layout. But I do like the MiG (it just has that 60's coolness to it), just mostly doing fast missions with it, since it starts you in the air ready to rock. (just have to charge the gun...). I actually landed it without breaking anything on my first flight by some miracle... ;)

Grim Reapers have a lot of good tutorial videos on it:

The -21 had some pretty rough patches, which might be a result of the gravity between what became Mag 3 and Heatblur. No matter how civil things probably were, tasks can end up on the backburner. That, and internet users are prone to hyperbole.

But as of right now? It's been polished up quite a bit AND it's getting more love still. It's well worth it. It strikes a chord, easy to pick up but takes work to get down.

In short? If something isn't working for you, the answer is almost always go faster.

Landing gear folding in on touch down? Land faster.

Missiles are struggling to reach targets? Launch faster.

Just go faster. FASTER.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

The -21 had some pretty rough patches, which might be a result of the gravity between what became Mag 3 and Heatblur. No matter how civil things probably were, tasks can end up on the backburner. That, and internet users are prone to hyperbole.

But as of right now? It's been polished up quite a bit AND it's getting more love still. It's well worth it. It strikes a chord, easy to pick up but takes work to get down.

In short? If something isn't working for you, the answer is almost always go faster.

Landing gear folding in on touch down? Land faster.

Missiles are struggling to reach targets? Launch faster.

Just go faster. FASTER.

I'm new here but I can already tell this gentleman knows what he is talking about. Speed will indeed solve a lions-share of your problems with the MiG-21Bis

You are most certainly,not late. The MiG is due for new cockpit and clean canopy soon. Also finding good adversersaries was hard until the F-5e by Belsimtek. Soon we will have MLA but I’m sure a lot of people will still prefer MiG-21 as best high fidelity red fighter. The JF-17 is actually probably going to be released first considering the MiG-19 took 3 years I believe.

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Im fairly new and its what brought me to DCS. I really hope the cockpit textures fix the frame issues as its barely flyable in VR for me relative to the other planes.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).