F-14: Will (all) Fighter Squadrons be Selectable?

Black Assassin

I was wondering if all F-14 fighter squadrons will be selectable in any modes, including the campaigns. I realize that certain squadrons were on certain carriers at certain times in real life, but considering the campaigns will be fictional that shouldn't matter to anyone, history purist or not.

Thing is, I just bought an actual Tomcat-used VF-213 green flight jacket...

It's lovely, it has grease stains on it and smells like the garage of a racing car...

i9-9900KF @ 3.6ghz ; 32gb RAM @ 3600mhz; Gigabyte RTX 2080 8gb ; TMWarthog ; TM rudder ; HTC Vive

I was wondering if all F-14 fighter squadrons will be selectable in any modes, including the campaigns. I realize that certain squadrons were on certain carriers at certain times in real life, but considering the campaigns will be fictional that shouldn't matter to anyone, history purist or not.

The markings of the aircraft are predefined in missions/campaigns and not selectable so you'd have to edit these manually.

Perhaps this will change with the new dynamic campaign system that ED is working on.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Or call the crew chief for rearm/refuel and you can change the livery and Modex number.

would think that will work, much like the other mods. :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control