Voice Attack and Jester AI

Moose

Hey Siri, bomb that shack a mile ahead :)

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Knowing my luck it would be like my car...

Alicatt: "Navigation, Destination Kwakstraat"

Car: "Destination set, Maria Ziekenhuis"

Alicatt: *&$£€@ "NAVIGATION, DESTINATION Kwakstraat"

Car: "Destination set, Airport"

Alicatt: "you are fired, where is my TomTom..."

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

Knowing my luck it would be like my car...

Alicatt: "Navigation, Destination Kwakstraat"

Car: "Destination set, Maria Ziekenhuis"

Alicatt: *&$£€@ "NAVIGATION, DESTINATION Kwakstraat"

Car: "Destination set, Airport"

Alicatt: "you are fired, where is my TomTom..."

LOL :megalol::megalol:

I'm working as developer for innovation and digitalization process, and even if I love voice recognition like Alexa ( my house is full of that devices ) , for mission critical task we don't use voice recognition :D

It will be fun anyway try the jester IA with VoiceAttack!

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

What would also be awesome is to disable the Jester graphical UI too, so instead of it popping up every time you say something to jester he we could get a smaller text/voice/both confirmation instead of the rose coming up and navigating to the selection.

Yep...I have a human RIO that I will be flying with but I'm sure he won't be around at all times. I also plan on using VoiceAttack with Jester. Should work nicely IMO

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

Definitely need key commands for Jester as well so we can use voice attack in VR to issue commands!

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

+1

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

I have been working on a Voice Attack Profile to use with Jester. The only concern right now is the use of the "Context Menu" vs the "Jester Main Menu" I hope there will be an option such that when you open the Jester Menu, it always defaults to the "Main Menu". That will make it much it easier for VA stuff.

~Bailey

Yep, key commands for the main menu and all the sub menus would be helpful for VA.

While watching one of the recent videos, he showed that there are in fact 8 commands, one for each ring section. And a command to bring up the menu in general.

~Bailey

I hope one of you enterprising individuals sets up a VA profile for this bird and posts it here for us to use. Not that I'm lazy, but I'm quite lazy...

I'll give it a go myself, considering anything someone makes will have to be fine tuned and customized for each user. I have had VA for a year now and never used it. Just knew, "one day, I will need this."

I hope one of you enterprising individuals sets up a VA profile for this bird and posts it here for us to use. Not that I'm lazy, but I'm quite lazy...

I'll give it a go myself, considering anything someone makes will have to be fine tuned and customized for each user. I have had VA for a year now and never used it. Just knew, "one day, I will need this."

Just like my F18 VA Radio Mod, I'll be sharing F14 VA with everyone. But don't let that stop ya!

~Bailey

I just hope that it will be possible to issue these commands WITHOUT the Jester 'Wheel' becoming visible.

I noticed in the latest preview vids- that some of the most common commands were possible to keybind, while some of them required the 'wheel'.

It would be very helpful for immersion if giving a VA command to Jester would simply generate a response, rather than to see the wheel come up, then seeing the commond being selected, and then hearing the response.

I will add support for the F-14 with my voice attack profile i sell.

First need to get my hands on the module and controls it will be really useful Add-on.

Also lot of other extra commands will be included the F-18 profile has over 900+ commands so far.

Off course cheaper than Viacom while offering more functionality.

Edit :

There is no hassle with the controls because you just import them and go.

Edited by dailey123

Why go through the hassle of setting up key commands yourself?

Vaicom goes directly to the lua files so there'll be no hassle with keybinds and other malarky.

Cannot understand why anyone using voice attack with DCS wouldn't be using Vaicom in the first place anyhow :S Wouldn't bother with it myself, far too much hassle for far too little gain.

Why go through the hassle of setting up key commands yourself?

Vaicom goes directly to the lua files so there'll be no hassle with keybinds and other malarky.

Cannot understand why anyone using voice attack with DCS wouldn't be using Vaicom in the first place anyhow :S Wouldn't bother with it myself, far too much hassle for far too little gain.

I have a few personal reasons why I don't use Viacom

1. I very rarely talk to the AI via the radio

2. Viacom does not do the simple "gear up" commands (as far as I am aware. Please correct me if I am wrong)

3. Viacom costs too much money for what it does for me in my main platform, the F18.

4. I have way too much fun messing with VoiceAttack!

5. I like developing VA stuff for those who might not have Viacom. Gives me something to do.

To be fair, if the Viacom F14 Jester integration is better than what I can do, I will most definitely get it because that would be very much worth it!

~Bailey

• 4 weeks later...

On the contrary I have found Viacom Pro to be extremely useful and easy to set up.

You do need to install voice attack and spend the time to train the windows voice recognition to your voice to minimise accent and individual differences in hw you say words.

In particular I find the radio calls to AWACS and Tankers really are useful and add immersion.

If you are like me and frequently have to hook up to the basket a couple of times during refueling because you lost concentration :-) ....then just being able to push the correct radio button on the HOTAS and say “Ready pre-contact” without taking your eyes out of the sim to hunt for a menu is a real pleasure, And means you can stay close to the basket for the hookup.

Simlilarly flying near an air base with frequency set on your radio and just saying “Inbound” and having the tower respond really adds to the immersion.