Syrian and Afghan theatre of operations confirmed!

WHOGX5

Yes!

Cyprus, Cyprus, Cyprus.

While I share your hype for Cyprus to be included in this map, I honestly don't think we should expect it. From available information so far, not a single source indicated that Cyprus could be a thing.

Edited by Gierasimov

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

should be pretty close, my guess : after easter sale finish :P:lol::thumbup:

:music_whistling::music_whistling::music_whistling::music_whistling:

Well, Its finnished ;) Where is my map! :P :clown: :hehe:

While I share your hype for Cyprus to be included in this map, I honestly don't think we should expect it. From available information so far, not a single source indicated that Cyprus could be a thing.

Not having Cyprus will be a real problem for this map.

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

Not really, it is not centered on that area... now Turkey and Cyprus as a different map would be awesome

Cyprus is the location of one of the primary NATO bases in the region and where a large number of aircraft operate from in the region. So yes, its presence in the map or not is important. Not being there wouldn’t be the end of the world, but it would be a real shame.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

And for the very same reason it would be announced as a feature of the map if it was included.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Cyprus is the location of one of the primary NATO bases in the region and where a large number of aircraft operate from in the region. So yes, its presence in the map or not is important. Not being there wouldn’t be the end of the world, but it would be a real shame.

Meanwhile RAF Akrotini has a main UK base

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAF_Akrotiri

The main NATO base has Incirlik Air Base on Turkey

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incirlik_Air_Base

Meanwhile RAF Akrotini has a main UK base

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAF_Akrotiri

The main NATO base has Incirlik Air Base on Turkey

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incirlik_Air_Base

Sorry but can’t take Wikipedia references seriously. Eddie didn’t say it was the ONLY base but it is in fact one of the important bases.

RAF Akrotiri is located in Cyprus or am I wrong? That would be in line with what Eddie said anyway.

All of the bases mentioned are to far west to be able to place them realistically. So I would not get my Hopes to Hi. There si so much you can cramp into a map, unfortunately you have to draw the line somewhere And I don´t think leaving halve of Syria (the intended map) out is viable.

The map is already huge. You will have Israel an Turkish bases as NATO, but yeah things have become to shady and crazy and there is no clear assured NATO base, in the area, still, lots of scenarios are posible in the area we are getting...

I for one am looking forward to this piece of work.

Its a shame Realism is paramount to most and there is no chance of a generic base in a piece of land resembling Cyprus either ;)

I really hope they manage to get RAF Akrotiri included somehow :worthy:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

The map is already huge. You will have Israel an Turkish bases as NATO, but yeah things have become to shady and crazy and there is no clear assured NATO base, in the area, still, lots of scenarios are posible in the area we are getting...

Turkey sure, but Israel? That was pretty funny. They better add Akrotiri and the rest of Cyprus there, they should start thinking better in what they do and what they sell as they will not be the only sim out there forever, now that VR is getting pace.

Turkey sure, but Israel? That was pretty funny. They better add Akrotiri and the rest of Cyprus there, they should start thinking better in what they do and what they sell as they will not be the only sim out there forever, now that VR is getting pace.

Israel is bordering Syria, Cyprus is not. You should think before talking nonsense.

What was the 67 and 73 wars all about ?

--

Edited by max22

Israel is bordering Syria, Cyprus is not. You should think before talking nonsense.

What was the 67 and 73 wars all about ?

--

He was talking about Israel basing NATO airplanes. You should READ before talking nonsense.

• 3 weeks later...

Going back to Akrotiri, I already did a scale comparison of area compared to the PG map and you can fit Cyprus inside of 450nm E-W to the West Edge of Syria. Akrotiri isn't just used by UK, the US have been through it plenty of times, spy planes, prisoner transports and stopovers, strategically it is a key NATO base and has it's own stories going back through the years, especially the Turkey-Greece stuff. Missing out would be a real shame, especially given the NATO start points are quite limited.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

well I'm pretty sure that we maybe a new map soon as I pretty sure that the F-16 release teaser images showed Beirut! and I'll stick my neck out and say it was in the video too! looking forward to this..

Targs,

GTX 1080ti, Asus Hero XI, Intel 9900KF @4.2MHz, 32g DDR4@3200Mhz, 4x 1Tb SSD 1x 400g m.2mvme(boot), 28" Samsung 4k, Saitek X-56 Throttle/Warthog Stick and Saitek Pro Flight Pedals.

Moduls

All of the NATO jets, and all the choppers..

DEDi MP [62AW] The Blackbirds Brisbane

• 2 weeks later...
Well, Its finnished ;) Where is my map! :P :clown: :hehe:

hahahahahah :megalol::megalol:

man man...I don't think we'll have to wait too much, :):unsure::sleep::sleep::sleep:

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

Why do we get maps that are not in the same time line as the dlc planes. Like the upcomming f15E possible the a6/a6e

And the F14B A10 and F16 did fight together in the desert storm war and kosovo war not syrian war.

Afghanistan war had f14's my bad

I own the nttr map so i can do a raid on bagdad type of mission in a desert environment But no arabian feel to it so its feels more like raid on a 9-11 kind of thing and no sea so no carrier launched aircraft unlike in desert storm

So why bring out a f14 and then a map like syrian war, probably in 2018/19 settings.

Otherwise keep up the good work!!!

Edited by GulfWarFighter

So why bring out a f14 and then a map like syrian war, probably in 2018/19 settings.

Welcome to DCS! :lol: :music_whistling:

This is probably that makes little sense to many but DCS is a sandbox sim where any scenario could take place if the mission / campaign creators wants that to take place. The limiting factors are the available assets and your imagination.

It's a common question why there is no DCS: Vietnam war and why the more-or-less period assets are not the ones used in the Vietnam war, e.g. MiG-21bis instead of MiG-21F, or MiG-19P instead of the J-6. But developers choose either what they think is the most iconic version of an aircraft or the version for which documentation is available. Therefore we'll likely never have the suitable versions to accurately model a certain war.

Modules: Bf 109, C-101, CE-II, F-5, Gazelle, Huey, Ka-50, Mi-8, MiG-15, MiG-19, MiG-21, Albatros, Viggen, Mirage 2000, Hornet, Yak-52, FC3

you can use the f14 with persian gulf, it percfectly fit with the map.

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black