DCS: Mi-24P - What we know + Discussion

MrDieing

2 things to considered:

1/ That maybe having looked at it maybe E.D. (while recognising that it's better than what we have now,) feel the architecture of Jester isn't structured in a way that makes it suitable to serve as a starting point for their long term goals.

2/ If they've been developing their own A.I. in conjunction with their plans for the dynamic campaign/RTS engine, it may be more work to re-start that integration with Jester than to simply finish what they've started.

Asking for Jester may look to E.D. like giving pain killers and an Elastoplast to someone with a broken arm.

- It might make them feel better right now, but it doesn't fix the underlying problem.

good points

mind I wasnt saying put jester in and name it jesterski and job jobbed.

I meant Jester as the pre alpha base and working from there.after a year or two, itd be almost unrecognizable. For example a Polaris missile is the progeny of a V2 (many generations..) but i f you looked at it, besides the obvious of both being rockets you wouldnt see any similarity.

good points

mind I wasnt saying put jester in and name it jesterski and job jobbed.

I meant Jester as the pre alpha base and working from there.after a year or two, itd be almost unrecognizable. For example a Polaris missile is the progeny of a V2 (many generations..) but i f you looked at it, besides the obvious of both being rockets you wouldnt see any similarity.

There is potentially another thing to consider. Once Eagle Dynamics develops their own version of an AI co-pilot, it is potentially possible for them to offer the codebase as part of their third party SDK to interested third parties. This would probably not be possible if they were to license the software from Heatblur.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

• 2 weeks later...
Apparently releasing Q1 2021

Yes, it was expected because only two months left before end of 2020. The A-10C II has been in the limelight in the last few weeks and the mosquito is announced before the end of the year .

I think the management of the multicrew is taking more time than they thought...

Early 2021 is still ok for me, that gives me time to finish my simpit !!! Héhéhé

Besides, Jester, from what I heard, is a pretty straightforward "button pusher" AI, and he has his quirks, too. ED may want something more general purpose.

Well, he is magical spotter too. Which is something ED likely doesn't want to emulate.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Apparently releasing Q1 2021

:( sad panda... But it is what it is.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Yes, it was expected because only two months left before end of 2020. The A-10C II has been in the limelight in the last few weeks and the mosquito is announced before the end of the year .

I think the management of the multicrew is taking more time than they thought...

Early 2021 is still ok for me, that gives me time to finish my simpit !!! Héhéhé

How the work on simpit continues?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Love their version of a moving map LOL.. but pretty low tech answer to a high problem... Love it..

Targs,

GTX 1080ti, Asus Hero XI, Intel 9900KF @4.2MHz, 32g DDR4@3200Mhz, 4x 1Tb SSD 1x 400g m.2mvme(boot), 28" Samsung 4k, Saitek X-56 Throttle/Warthog Stick and Saitek Pro Flight Pedals.

Moduls

All of the NATO jets, and all the choppers..

DEDi MP [62AW] The Blackbirds Brisbane

The space pen was funded entirely as a private venture. The pencils were a fire hazard. The moral of the story is that low-tech isn't guaranteed to be the best solution.

And by God do I want to be able to throw money at a Hind in DCS.

The pencils were a fire hazard.

Were they ?

Yes, NASA ran the capsules at a higher % of oxygen, but they also ran the capsules at well below atmospheric pressure, to get a partial pressure for the oxygen levels equivalent to that on earth.

NASA did have a catastrophic fire on a capsule, but that was more a case of crazy human error (they wanted to pressure test the capsule with crew on board, so pushed the capsule up to atmospheric pressure + 5 lb/in^2 - which meant there was an insanely oxygen rich atmosphere, and a spark sent the module up like a torch.) than there being such a fire hazard in the crew compartments that the couldn't use a pencil in case it burst into flames.

Cheers.

Were they ?

Yes, NASA ran the capsules at a higher % of oxygen, but they also ran the capsules at well below atmospheric pressure, to get a partial pressure for the oxygen levels equivalent to that on earth.

NASA did have a catastrophic fire on a capsule, but that was more a case of crazy human error (they wanted to pressure test the capsule with crew on board, so pushed the capsule up to atmospheric pressure + 5 lb/in^2 - which meant there was an insanely oxygen rich atmosphere, and a spark sent the module up like a torch.) than there being such a fire hazard in the crew compartments that the couldn't use a pencil in case it burst into flames.

There was a concern that the graphite (or lead) particles shed from the pencil from writing would find themselves in circuitry and short them out, thus potentially causing an electrical fire. I'm unaware of any problems that actually occurred due to pencils and believe they were still used extensively by all parties in addition to grease pencils (of which the paper is probably a bigger fire hazard!).

Honestly, the big reason why they wanted to use pens is because the ink is permanent and can't get smudged like pencils can. Thus, the Soviets bought a bunch of space pens, too.

• Like 1