After the Tomcat?

carss

Yeah, modules have to be finished first.

But on the ohter side, the Viggen lacks not much, and the F-14 is also quite complete. So at least it looks like, they could start with a new one in the near future.

I would love to see a Draken first, as it should not need that many ressources.

And after that the Intruder. But I'm a little bit concerned, the workload for JEster would be on the A6 quite higher then in the F-14 and much mroe complex...

But I would LOVE an A-6 in DCS..

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

Given their intention of developing a high quality AI A-6, surely that has to be the next one? They haven’t indicated any intention to do the Tonka.

Well, on the first page of this very thread Cobra said:

We're working on another complex jet which will make good use of our own technologies.

Let's see, what are HB technologies and do they fit a Tornado?

- Jester AI (Tomcat): check

- Ground Mapping Radar (Viggen): check

- Swept Wing aerodynamics (Tomcat): check

- Thrust Reverse (Viggen): Check

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

You're kinda cherry picking technologies to fit your wish - why not add the advanced engine modelling for the TF-30 / F110? If you add that in, the obvious choice changes to the F-111.

Personally, I think by 'our own technologies' they just meant Jester and ground radar - A-6 seems the obvious choice given they already have the model for it and they've explicitly told us they want to make it into a module. Personally I'd rather a modern redfor two-seat fighter like an Su-30.

• Like 1

Personally I'd rather a modern redfor two-seat fighter like an Su-30.

A redfor two-seater would be nice.

I do remember Wags saying, IIRC (in an interview with Alert 5), that the Russian part of Ed can't make russian full fidelity modules, but nothing besides getting datas can stop nonrussia 3rd party Devs from doing so.

To be honest, I would probably kill for a HB russian plane, no matter which one.

Wow, such landing, much no gear, so slide...

T.16000M FCS HOTAS

Owned : Flaming Cliff 3 | Mig-21Bis | AJS-37 Viggen | F/A-18C | F-5E | Mirage 2000c | F-14B | Ka-50 | JF-17

Wishlist : F-4 | Mi-24 | MiG-23 | F-15E | F-16

Dev. Wishlist : Tornado | Mirage F1 | MiG-25 | F-104 | Étendard/Super Étendard | Saab 35 Draken | JAS-39 Gripen A

A redfor two-seater would be nice.

I do remember Wags saying, IIRC (in an interview with Alert 5), that the Russian part of Ed can't make russian full fidelity modules, but nothing besides getting datas can stop nonrussia 3rd party Devs from doing so.

To be honest, I would probably kill for a HB russian plane, no matter which one.

I dont see Russia conceding or toning down anytime soon. So if FULL FIDELITY Su 30 and upwards Sukhoi models are not possible. Then, We can at least hope for Flaming Cliffs style Su-30.:thumbup:

That's exactly what I thought. I think it's a good bet, because Heatblur technologies that are needed for the Tornado are:

- Ground Mapping Radar

- JESTER AI

- Swept Wing

It would be a dream come true!

Edit: Talking about "expanding the F-14 product", an F-14D would also be very welcomed!

Whilst I would be exctatic if Heatblur did the Tonka, I would also be equally chuffed about the A6 Intruder, the Kitty Hawk and a Vietnam map!

Anyone remember Willem Dafoe in Flight of the Intruder? Wild Weasel over 'Nam, with the Shrike!:thumbup:

Cheers!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky

I dont see Russia conceding or toning down anytime soon. So if FULL FIDELITY Su 30 and upwards Sukhoi models are not possible. Then, We can at least hope for Flaming Cliffs style Su-30.:thumbup:

Really hoping that someone at least does the MiG-25. Didn't Russia declassify all their soviet era planes?

Modules owned:

FC3, M-2000C, Mig-21bis, F-5E, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, F-14A&B, JF-17

Really hoping that someone at least does the MiG-25. Didn't Russia declassify all their soviet era planes?

The only HOPE to see Russian modern jets is with the Flaming Cliffs pattern. Meaning not full fidelity versions of it...but like we have with the current F-15C and Mig 29 for example...

They only said Full fidelity Russian modern jets is not possible.:thumbup:

The Mig 25 is still a bit classified...

As much as i would like a Tornado, the A-6 has one possible bonus there:

I think HB already was in contact with Northrop Grumman for the F-14 licence, so talking about the A-6 that is also from Northrop Grumman is possibly more easy than getting a licence for the Tornado.

Either way, i like to see both airframes in DCS :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.

You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind."

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett

The only HOPE to see Russian modern jets is with the Flaming Cliffs pattern. Meaning not full fidelity versions of it...but like we have with the current F-15C and Mig 29 for example...

They only said Full fidelity Russian modern jets is not possible.:thumbup:

The Mig 25 is still a bit classified...

That's not the case - Wags was pretty clear, there's only a barrier to ED making modern Russian modules, there's nothing stopping third parties.

• 2 years later...
On 9/15/2017 at 2:10 PM, The Black Swan said:

Please be a mig 23

Please be a mig 23

Please be a mig 23

Please be a mig 23

Please be a mig 23...

We know how that ended. 

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta