After the Tomcat?

carss

My vote's for the A-6E. By the time the Tomcat is out, HB will have done a ray-tracing ground radar (Viggen) and an AI crewmember necessary for the operation of the aircraft. Besides, HB already has the aerodynamic properties of the Tomcat Wing, which is the same airfoil used on the A-6 (just fully extended forward).

Of course, if they went with the Tornado ECR, I wound't cry in my beer. :beer:

My vote's for the A-6E. By the time the Tomcat is out, HB will have done a ray-tracing ground radar (Viggen) and an AI crewmember necessary for the operation of the aircraft. Besides, HB already has the aerodynamic properties of the Tomcat Wing, which is the same airfoil used on the A-6 (just fully extended forward).

Good call, my bet is also on the A-6E.

Heatblur is spending considerable resources and effort to build the Forrestal-class carriers, so it is only logical to assume that they will do additional aircraft to fit on this carrier. In addition of having developed all the key technologies necessary to build the Intruder, it is also the major aircraft that is really necessary to complete a period correct air wing with the Tomcat in DCS. Either the Grumman Air Wing of USS Ranger (2 Tomcat and 2 Intruder squadrons) or the regular air wing with Hornets (2 Tomcat, 2 Hornet, 1 Intruder squadrons). It would also be needed for the Corsair air wing (2 Tomcat, 2 Corsair, 1 Intruder), but obviously this would also need the Corsair in addition. Given this close ties to the Tomcat, I think the Intruder is a fairly safe bet.

Heatblur is spending considerable resources and effort to build the Forrestal-class carriers, so it is only logical to assume that they will do additional aircraft to fit on this carrier. In addition of having developed all the key technologies necessary to build the Intruder, it is also the major aircraft that is really necessary to complete a period correct air wing with the Tomcat in DCS. Either the Grumman Air Wing of USS Ranger (2 Tomcat and 2 Intruder squadrons) or the regular air wing with Hornets (2 Tomcat, 2 Hornet, 1 Intruder squadrons). It would also be needed for the Corsair air wing (2 Tomcat, 2 Corsair, 1 Intruder), but obviously this would also need the Corsair in addition. Given this close ties to the Tomcat, I think the Intruder is a fairly safe bet.

except Razbam had already expressed plans for the A6 Intruder, ( already speculated it will be a late model E)

They even have a thread for the A6.

not to mention they already have the experience of having developed one for FSX.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

except Razbam had already expressed plans for the A6 Intruder, ( already speculated it will be a late model E)

They even have a thread for the A6.

not to mention they already have the experience of having developed one for FSX.

Plans are just plans. RAZBAM will be busy for years to come and do not have any exclusive rights to reserve any aircraft.

Plans are just plans. RAZBAM will be busy for years to come and do not have any exclusive rights to reserve any aircraft.

Well let's not forget that is working on like almost 4 aircraft simultaneously ATM. There's the Harrier which is nearing completion, then there's the Mirage III, Mig-19, Super Tucano, and I believe also the A-7 Corsair (which I think we need ASAP)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

Me too. I would love to see the A-6E.

Thanks guys for bringing some actual fact based thinking back into this thread which turned into just another wishlist thread.

It wont be a tornado.

Why?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

If he said complex, what if it's a Mig-25! :huh: It would be perfect to counter the F-14 then!!

Cobra said they're working on a module that will make good use of their own technologies. I don't see how this would be the case with the MiG-25. Maybe their CFD technologies can be used for the development of the Apex missiles, but that's about it.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Cobra said they're working on a module that will make good use of their own technologies. I don't see how this would be the case with the MiG-25. Maybe their CFD technologies can be used for the development of the Apex missiles, but that's about it.

I wonder what they mean by "our technologies" like what does Heatblur have that the others don't with which they make their planes?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

I wonder what they mean by "our technologies" like what does Heatblur have that the others don't with which they make their planes?

Heatblur have developed or are developing their own air-ground mapping radar and two-seater AI. It is therefore likely that future Heatblur aircraft will build on these technologies.

Exactly, which is why I think the A-6 or the Tornado would be good bets, with the Tornado having the addition of a swept wing, like the F-14.

Tornado3 small.jpg

Well, having the A-6E would be nice, of course, to match with the Tomcat, but from a pure module perspective, I'd much prefer they do a Tornado which would be a blast to fly at low level, unlike the slow bomb truck that the A-6 is.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Well, having the A-6E would be nice, of course, to match with the Tomcat, but from a pure module perspective, I'd much prefer they do a Tornado which would be a blast to fly at low level, unlike the slow bomb truck that the A-6 is.

The A-6 had a lot of drag and stability built into its airframe so it acted close to the same carrying bombs as it did clean. In fact, a bomb-laden A-6 was faster than a bomb-laden F-4.

I hope it is an F-111 but with everyone speculating that it would have to have Jester/swing wings/naval/ground radar this and that, wouldn't it be funny if it was a JA-37 Viggen?

• Like 1

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

The A-6 had a lot of drag and stability built into its airframe so it acted close to the same carrying bombs as it did clean. In fact, a bomb-laden A-6 was faster than a bomb-laden F-4.

I don't really see how that goes to contrary to what I've said?

It might have carried more than its replacements, but it's still a bomb truck with a limited top speed due to its design.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Hopefully it's the MiG-23. The RAZBAM confusion resulted in a few posts by Wags and others that suggested someone else was already working on it. We know that someone isn't M3LLC, Aviodev or VEAO and obviously can't be RAZBAM. Heatblur seems the most likely candidate and was part of their original plans back when the MiG-21 was being made. It would make use of swing wing tech.

The Tornado, though an interesting aircraft, is probably one I'd skip. If I pay $50-60 for a module, I want it to offer something new. The Tornado doesn't do that, too much overlap between it, the Viggen, Hornet and Harrier. That doesn't mean it isn't a cool aircraft, just a bit redundant.

System specs: i5-10600k (4.9 GHz), RX 6950XT, 32GB DDR4 3200, NVMe SSD, Reverb G2, WinWing Super Libra/Taurus, CH Pro Pedals.