After the Tomcat?

carss

So since the Tomcat is going full steam ahead, just out of curiosity, been wondering what could be next in the pipeline for DCS by Heatblur? Personally I just hope it's a century series fighter, or a straight wing jet like the F-80 or Dassault Ouragan. Anyhow was just curious, as have always been

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

We're working on another complex jet which will make good use of our own technologies. We're also looking at expanding the F-14 product, but will look more closely at what exactly that means after release. That said, 2018 will be mostly the year of improvements to both the F-14 and Viggen.

We don't want to be stuck in the eternal Beta rut.

• Like 2

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

We're working on another complex jet which will make good use of our own technologies. We're also looking at expanding the F-14 product, but will look more closely at what exactly that means after release. That said, 2018 will be mostly the year of improvements to both the F-14 and Viggen.

Woot! :thumbup::)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

That is certainly wonderful! :) However I only hope it does have a combat history behind it, but it's really great to know, keep up the good work :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

We're working on another complex jet which will make good use of our own technologies.

Complex jet with Heatblur technologies, like for example two-seater and swing wing? Oh please dear god let it be a Tornado IDS, preferably a mid 90s version with a nice JaboG 33 skin :music_whistling:. And with the optional model of a young Luftwaffe medic spending his free time standing at the flight line watching flight operations with big eyes and maybe an even bigger boner :D

• Like 1

You ROCK !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Complex jet with Heatblur technologies, like for example two-seater and swing wing? Oh please dear god let it be a Tornado IDS, preferably a mid 90s version with a nice JaboG 33 skin :music_whistling:. And with the optional model of a young Luftwaffe medic spending his free time standing at the flight line watching flight operations with big eyes and maybe an even bigger boner :D

That's exactly what I thought. I think it's a good bet, because Heatblur technologies that are needed for the Tornado are:

- Ground Mapping Radar

- JESTER AI

- Swept Wing

It would be a dream come true!

Edit: Talking about "expanding the F-14 product", an F-14D would also be very welcomed!

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

That's exactly what I thought. I think it's a good bet, because Heatblur technologies that are needed for the Tornado are:

- Ground Mapping Radar

- JESTER AI

- Swept Wing

It would be a dream come true!

Edit: Talking about "expanding the F-14 product", an F-14D would also be very welcomed!

My guess and hope for an F-14 expansion would be an LTS pod for the 'B' and the relevant changes to the cockpit. Well worth paying extra for in my view.

I'm completely with you regarding a Tornado IDS btw. Having a Tomcat and a Tornado would be my ultimate dream. You never know. Fingers crossed.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

We're also looking at expanding the F-14 product, but will look more closely at what exactly that means after release. That said, 2018 will be mostly the year of improvements to both the F-14 and Viggen.

OMG! I'm 36 but I feel like a hyped teenager! :megalol:

LANTIRN?!

"D"?!?!?!

Edited by Belphe

Never say never, Baby!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aardvark confirmed

One of my favorite aircraft since I first saw them in the mid-80's. When my dad was stationed at RAF Fairford, we used to go to RAF Upper Heyford fairly routinely and I loved to see the F-111E's taking off and landing. We were over there when El Dorado Canyon went down. I remember seeing the KC-10's and wondering why so many of them were on the ramp at Fairford. We found out the next day. We then moved to Holloman AFB in New Mexico and would see the F-111D's from Cannon doing low level runs on occasion... pretty exciting to see them suddenly appear and disappear just as quickly.

As much as I think Heatblur would do a good job with it, I'd expect a DCS: F-111 to come from BST. Of course I really want multiple versions of the F-111, specifically the D, E, F and FB-111A (for delivering lollypops, puppy dogs and sunshine... without all of the lollypops and puppy dogs that is) and I think Heatblur are a better candidate for delivering multiple versions.

With the exception of the FB-111A, the other three versions look the same externally but have major differences internally in avionics and capability. The D had the very complex and very capable (when it was working) Mark II avionics, The E was basically an F-111A with the Triple Plow II intakes, and the F had a mix of the Mark II avionics and the more reliable pieces of other versions of the F-111 cobbled into the avionics suite plus the more powerful TF-30-P-100 engines (of which the exhaust nozzle supplied the only real external difference from the D and E). The F was also Pave Tack and GBU-15 capable which means that it was the only US F-111 that was capable of self designating LGB's. The FB-111A had longer wings and the Mark IIB avionics specifically tailored for sunshine delivery as specified by SAC. It was also rated at a lower G limit than the TAC F-111's so when SAC was done with them and TAC was taking them over, they had to be beefed up structurally and the avionics modified to expand their conventional weapons delivery which changed their designation to F-111G.

Edited by Vampyre

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

Please be a mig 23

Please be a mig 23

Please be a mig 23

Please be a mig 23

Please be a mig 23...

That would be keeping in line with their "original plans". However a Tornado would also be very welcome, I'm just personally rooting for the MiG-23. It would provide the iconic opponent for the F-14, Bear aside, and be a nice and very much needed addition to the MP scene. More so than the Tornado on that front.

DCS: MiG-23

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Make it happen, and take my money! :D

Please be a mig 23

Please be a mig 23

Please be a mig 23

Please be a mig 23

Please be a mig 23...

Or Mig-25. :D

Modules:

Owned:

P-51D, F/A-18C, AJS-37, NTTR, F-5E, M-2000C, Bf 109, Fw 190 D-9, F-86F, Mig-15Bis, A-10C, Combined Arms, Mi-8Mtv2, UH-1H, Black Shark 2, Mig-21Bis, FC3, F-14A/B, Mig-19, Spitfire, JF-17, Persian Gulf

Would Like to See:

Mig-29K, Su-24, Mig-25, J-8II, J-10 , Tornado

Specifications:

Windows 10 64Bit, i7-7700K 4.2Ghz, GTX 1080, 16Gb RAM, T.flight Stick X

-JESTER AI

-Variable Geometry Wing PFM

-Grumman License / Systems

F-111...

:music_whistling:

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs