DCS Spitfire IX Video Contest

Chizh

• ED Team

Since the early access release of the Spitfire, we’ve enjoyed seeing some of the great screen shots and videos of this new module. For the talented video producer among you (and there are a lot of you!), we’d like to announce a Spitfire Video Contest.

Rules:

• Duration: One to five minutes
  • Format: Full HD (1080p)
  • Upload to the usual video portals (YouTube would be great)
  • You may use custom skins

Prizes:

• 1st Place: 3 DCS modules
  • 2nd Place: 2 DCS modules
  • 3rd Place: 1 DCS module

Contest starts now - Friday, 13 January 2017 and ends on Monday, 30 January 2017 at 1200 GMT.

Contest results will announce in the February.

Please post your video in this thread.

Edited by Nirvi

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

I'm assuming that since it's a Spitfire contest, the video HAS to be centered around the Spit and not just a general video contest? Sorry for stupid question.

AMD 5600X -- Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision -- 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 -- HP Reverb G2 -- Logitech 3D Extreme Pro -- Thrustmaster TWCS

BRRRT!  Car and aviation enthusiast, gun nut and computer nerd! 🙂

• ED Team
I'm assuming that since it's a Spitfire contest, the video HAS to be centered around the Spit and not just a general video contest? Sorry for stupid question.

Yes. Spitfire should be lead character of movie.

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

Hi guys !

Here I am, this took me a lot of effort to make it dynamic and to tell a little story. Filming a dogfight and making it short and interesting is WAY harder than I expected especially when you can only deal with the IA :smilewink: , and didn't had the time to make it as good as I could have imagine.

But the result is pretty good I think, hope you enjoy it :)

• Like 7

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Youtube Channel

Ryzen 2600 -- GTX980 4Go -- 16Go RAM 3200Mhz -- TM Warthog + Rudder Pedals -- HomeMade trackIR

Awesome video Skyline!

I also put together something last minute, it's not perfect but I like it.

"Sunlit Silence" - A Spitfire Movie.

This movie uses no SweetFX or post-production colour grading, all is stock DCS apart from Diveplane's sound mods for the fighters and the AI B-17 by Markindel.

Sunlit Silence is a quote from John Gillespie Magee's poem High Flight

Edited by flare2000x
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS:WWII 1944 BACKER --- Fw. 190D-9 --- Bf. 109K-4 --- P-51D --- Spitfire!

Specs: Intel i7-3770 @3.9 Ghz - NVidia GTX 960 - 8GB RAM - OCz Vertex 240GB SSD - Toshiba 1TB HDD - Corsair CX 600M Power Supply - MSI B75MA-P45 MoBo - Defender Cobra M5

I really want to learn how you all put together such awesome videos. I'm waiting for mine to get put up on Youtube - going to be some serious amateur hour, but I had fun making with a buddy of mine who is new to DCS.

I realized later that I left the weather as boring as possible, but didn't have time to reshoot. This was done in a day, and it shows, hahah.

Edited by Dino Might

Hello guys! This is my first DCS video and I hope you will enjoy this short documentary. It follows the real story of MH603, the last existing Spitfire that saw service with the Norwegian 331 Squadron RAF. MH603 is being restored and Norwegian Spitfire Foundation wishes to get it back home to Norway.

Following that is a reconstruction of a real combat sortie, Ramrod 472 on 23rd January 1944, where MH603 was leading a bounce on 4 FW 190's. This sortie is based on 331's ORB (Operations Records Book) and Individual Combat Report.

Music is by Evan King and is royalty free, thus no copyright infringements in case anyone wishes to share this mini documentary or if Eagle Dynamics want to share it on social media etc. No legal issues with this production.

PS: subtitles for the entire video, inuding the speeches of Crown Prince Olav, will be added later this day when I get home from work.

Enjoy!

Bring Her Home: MH603 FN-B

Edited by Stuntman
fixed you tube

My channel of airshows, films, documentaries, trailers and flight sim videos:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCv11KUCTp_SB7J-VXFV9peQ

• ED Team

Video by Radek.

Here is link for his video made by Radek

Edited by Chizh

• ED Team

Good job!

Many thanks to all participats!

We'll announce the contest results soon.

• ED Team

Winners!

Today we are happy to announce the following winners!

Estimates of these works are different just by one point. They are all very interesting.

And 4th place is also very close.

Well done and to all those that contributed!

P.S.

To first three winners.

Please send me PM with desired module keys.

Edited by Chizh

Congratulations Eight Ball, Radek, slamraam and Theskyline with your videos and your prizes!

My short documentary was not to the best of my standards, with only 6 days available stretched over two weekends including the research of ORB and mission making.

I hope more competitions of this beautiful aircraft may come and I will certainly join again!

• Like 1

My channel of airshows, films, documentaries, trailers and flight sim videos:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCv11KUCTp_SB7J-VXFV9peQ

Congratulations to all the winners....and well done all who entered. I would have found it very difficult to judge that one, all entries were very well done. Great effort guys.

Edited by bart

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

• 10 months later...