Next aircraft speculation

Farlander

I'm hoping for an early Japanese plane, personally I'd like the Ki-43, so the VEAO F-4F and P-40F has some good competition.

F-16 will always be a first day buy for me though.

Without proper mulitplayer servers and missions, I dont see a use in ww2 planes and dogfighting.

DCS is lacking a lot in MP. Everytime I go online, I see a few servers, mostly empty.

The one which is always full is an aerobatic one...great.

They need to change the MP imho....

Without proper mulitplayer servers and missions, I dont see a use in ww2 planes and dogfighting.

DCS is lacking a lot in MP. Everytime I go online, I see a few servers, mostly empty.

The one which is always full is an aerobatic one...great.

They need to change the MP imho....

104th server is almost always populated... There is atleast one WWII server which is populated most of the time aswell.

104th server is almost always populated... There is atleast one WWII server which is populated most of the time aswell.

The problem with 104th is its not true Red vs Blue. You have all aircraft available to both sides and its impossible to IFF your enemy in some aircraft.

Otherwise its the best and go to server for me.

A lot of the design team are Swedish so it might be the Viggen..... :pilotfly:

think if they built a GRIPEN!

: )

ps.. i had a mini-crush on the viggen when i was a kid lol

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

think if they built a GRIPEN!

: )

Never going to happen, but I sure wish they (or anyone) would. Been in love with that plane ever since Janes' Advanced Tactical Fighters. Seriously, I don't think there's the demand for the plane for anyone to build it any time soon, but I would be so happy to see that plane in game.

I'm thinking one WWII bird of some kind (something for everyone?) and then something to do with the A-G radar. I would love to see an A-6 or F-16. The latter would certainly draw a crowd like the F-14 has. But I suspect a Red plane on this front (back to the "something for everyone" comment).

Incidentally, I know Cobra takes great delight in watching the community fall over themselves trying to figure these things out. Don't worry, Cobra, some of us like the suspense of trying to figure it out. Entertaining to watch too.

I am wondering about that as well. Pretty sure that one of the aircraft is WW2 related, however I am not quit sure yet about the third one. I am assuming it won't be two WW2 birds within a close succession (effectively just splitting up a part of the market (think about the users on a limited budget that might not be able to afford two WW2 planes, especially if they are not totally interested)), so I assume that it probably will be a Soviet/Russian jet.

A MiG-23 would be my guess because it is very similar to the MiG-21, allowing systems to be re-used and probably shorting development time. However it leaves the question for what they develop an A-G radar.

I don't really believe that the A-G radar would be one of the new Russian ones, as information on that (and the few birds that actually use it) would probably be quit rare and/or classified.

Nice to see all the speculation though. I guess the only thing that we know is that we don't really know anything about the next modules.

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

So we got a bunch of Swede's working in Poland using a company name that is a nickname for US Marines. Is it really any wonder why they are so good at keeping everyone guessing :)

Well guessing since there will be 2 theater's and 3 planes that it's probably a good chance that 2 out of the 3 will share a map/theater, I'm thinking one would be the F4U, the other? no clue.

Never going to happen, but I sure wish they (or anyone) would. Been in love with that plane ever since Janes' Advanced Tactical Fighters. Seriously, I don't think there's the demand for the plane for anyone to build it any time soon, but I would be so happy to see that plane in game.

I'm thinking one WWII bird of some kind (something for everyone?) and then something to do with the A-G radar. I would love to see an A-6 or F-16. The latter would certainly draw a crowd like the F-14 has. But I suspect a Red plane on this front (back to the "something for everyone" comment).

Incidentally, I know Cobra takes great delight in watching the community fall over themselves trying to figure these things out. Don't worry, Cobra, some of us like the suspense of trying to figure it out. Entertaining to watch too.

The gripen is on VEAO's roadmap:)

• Like 1

My guess would be launching a su-24 with DCS:W 2.0

-gives ED a chance to test the a-g radar code with the 24's (crude?) radar.

-FM testing on a variable sweep aircraft that is supersonic, but just barely so if there is an error/bug it wouldn't be as catastrophic. You know like if something has a FM bug at 99% of max speed it's meh. but if the f14 had a FM bug at 40% everyone will lose their mind.

-A beautiful 3D model just randomly appeared that seems a little too detailed for ED to make for a "free" AI aircraft. Also is of LN's quality.

-The whole multi crew jester ai thing would probably get a good run through as well.

In short: whatever it is, take my money and gimme now

A Su-24 does seem a likely candidate. It fills all the stated or implied characteristics: A-G radar, Russian (something for everyone) and ground attack (also something for everyone). Additionally, the AI used for the RIO in the F-14 could be heavily reused for the Su-24. It could even share a map and AI units with the F-14 if the map turns out to be an Iran/Iraq map.

Personally i hope its not a ww2 aircraft since i want Leatherneck to focus on Post Korea Jets => and i have other games for ww2 (Il2 Battle of stalingrad mainly)

Im very intrigued on the chance of a Su-24M (or later) since not only is it a good aircraft its also something we currently lack.

That is a supersonic Attack aircraft with Sead capability and capable of carrying a vast range of munitions.

My Nr1 aircraft would most likley be the Su-17 (Su-22) atm but there are many aircraft that would make me very happy.

(mainly Su-17 Mig-23 F-5E).

While as a swede i love the Viggen and would love to se it i kinda feel its both unlikley and other aircraft should be added first.

For the Simple fact that the Viggen was only ever Used by Sweden and thus is much more narrow in its importance.

While aircraft like the Su-24 Or the Su-17(22) are both important aircraft that have seen wast use by a significant number of nations and as such are a vital addition to any Modern Combat flight sim.

I'm not sure where the really wild speculation on the other two aircraft is coming from. They already teased about the three aircraft in that image LN posted. We already know the center one was a Tomcat and it is pretty clear that the remaining two isn't some of the things being guessed here. One is clearly a WWII prop plane based on the cockpit and the Japanese Imperial flag certainly suggests the other is a WWII prop as well. Both aircraft being prop planes would be a big reason why they are further along than an F-14. Cobra makes one comment about ground radar and people lose their mind. It was given as an example. Did it occur to anyone that this could be something they are designing for aircraft they want to develop later on but has nothing to do with the two unannounced aircraft? Some of you are likely pumping yourself up for a big let down over the mention of one system.

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

Why would that pic carry more weight than numerous written statements? We've been given a lot of clues on what the other two are. But with the exception of that single pic, none of them suggest more than a single WW2 plane is coming. There are a lot of pics of WW2 stuff floating around, but that doesn't mean more than one flyable WW2 plane is coming. LNS has said they are trying to develop more complete modules instead of releasing planes in total isolation. So if one of the other two planes is an F4U (or F6F or P-38...), does it not make sense for them to build some AI planes to support/oppose it? Does it also not make sense to build ground and naval units too? In the context of the various statements made by LNS, the single pic to which you are referring suggests F4U vs IJN, not F4U + A6M (or any other plane).

It's also worth noting that many Soviet planes of the 1970's share a lot of the systems and instruments as the MiG-21Bis. I looked up Su-24 cockpit images, about half the stuff in there looks like it was pulled straight from our MiG-21 pit. The MiG-23 is even closer, though it lacks A-G radar.

Cobra makes one comment about ground radar and people lose their mind. It was given as an example. Did it occur to anyone that this could be something they are designing for aircraft they want to develop later on but has nothing to do with the two unannounced aircraft?

From the newsletter:

All three of our aircraft have necessitated the need to develop new, internal technologies that we did not need for the MiG-21. Some of these have been more challenging than others-- and some will probably genuinely make your jaw drop.

By developing these difficult features, we are later able to adapt them to new aircraft, and thus shorten our development times even further.

Examples of complexity include e.g. Ground Radar, AI Systems, and more.

To me, this reads like:

• we develop atm 3 planes
  • for these 3, there are new technologies to be developed
  • example: A-G radar

The examples are in the context of the 3 aircraft that are atm in development.

The Su-17 (22 IIRC) was said to be down the line an age and a half ago. Didn't the M3 and M4 have a primitive ground radar?

A few years ago the devs toyed around with a VTOL FM for the MiG-21 to learn a thing or two as well, maybe a Harrier or Yak-38 (dreamy) could be true but I doubt it. RAZBAM's doing the Harrier anyway.