Next aircraft speculation

Farlander

Well, if the Tomcat is now officially in the pipeline, they must have some kind of agreement with Grumman as we've seen with all of the other 3rd parties, a licensing deal of some sort is pretty much mandatory if you want a full fidelity aircraft.

With my Columbo hat on... :detective_2:

On that assumption, The A-6 Intruder was also made by Grumman and has an A-G radar, and where the F-14 caters for the tastes of the fighter jocks, the A-6 caters for the mud movers hence the 'something for everyone' statement...

Plus... I really just want one :pilotfly:

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hmm, in keeping with Grumman planes, another option is F-14 + F-111 + MiG-23/27. All three being swing wings would be rather epic. It also does the something for everyone bit, at least of those who frequent this forum section. It does make one wonder about all those WW2 pics though.

Edit: Correction, the main F-111's were all General Dynamics, Grumman only did modification packages for them it seems.

Edited by King_Hrothgar

Here is what I am really hoping for. Of course my favorite, the F-4 Phantom, next in line the A-6 Intruder, the A-4 Skyhawk or the A-7 Corsair. I will literally gasp for air if it is any of the above.

Would LOVE to get one of those. One important a/c thats missing from that lot is the Republic F-105 Thunderchief, which was the primary fighter bomber for the USAF in Vietnam (over North Vietnam anyway).

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

Is it possible that A-G radar might be for an aircraft later on? The teaser banner we got a little while ago teased an IJN flag and a cockpit that looked a lot like a Hellcat, suggesting a Pacific Theater release. I think that'd be pretty badass actually, especially with a Solomon Islands map. I'd prefer a P-38 to a Hellcat though, mainly because it could participate with the other WWII fighters in Europe.

Edited by Zakatak

If they do have a working relationship with Grumman made products,then it could be the Hellcat.Does that mean the ducks comment could be the J2F Duck.:DIf there going to make other Grumman products,they could skip what VEAO is doing with the Wildcat & Bearcat.And they could go from Hellcat to Tigercat,Panther,Couger & F-11 Tiger as well as the Intruder and Prowler.

I think it's a Spad. Who wouldn't want a Spad for DCS?

Anyone who's played RoF. Great plane, lots of fun but DCS is a terrible game to put it in.

As for the A-G radar, I seriously doubt LNS has time to be screwing around developing programming that won't even be used in their immediate 3 planes. I have no doubt it will be used in one or both of the remaining two unknowns. Also, I didn't intend for this thread to be a wishlist, I wanted to pick people's brains on what they think the last two planes might actually be. Given the radar, there will be no more than 1 WW2 plane unless I'm missing something. And even one seems somewhat unlikely to me.

Edited by King_Hrothgar

Anyone who's played RoF. Great plane, lots of fun but DCS is a terrible game to put it in.

As for the A-G radar, I seriously doubt LNS has time to be screwing around developing programming that won't even be used in their immediate 3 planes. I have no doubt it will be used in one or both of the remaining two unknowns. I didn't intend for this thread to be a wishlist, I wanted to pick people's brains on what they think the last two planes might actually be.

Sorry, it was a joke....

I think it's the hellcat.

Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit | i7-4790K@4GHz | 8GB RAM | GTX970 347.52

Based on the cats and ducks clue, plus the ground radar, I'm betting on either a Viggen or a MiG-23. The -23 is a swing wing which might be their thing after the Tomcat, or of course being a Swede Cobra might favour the Viggen.

Re the third, there have been some clues about a Zero, or possibly a Hellcat. I seriously hope that Grumman aircraft become LN's thing, because the A-6 might happen.

Edited by ruprecht

DCS Wishlist: | Navy F-14 | Navy F/A-18 | AH-6 | Navy A-6 | Official Navy A-4 | Carrier Ops | Dynamic Campaign | Marine AH-1 |

Streaming DCS sometimes:

I would love a Mig 23. But my money is on a Hellcat and a late model Zero.

that would make sense if they did two a/c that operated in the same theatre (I know the Hellcat operated against the Luftwaffe through the Fleet Air Arm, etc but you know what I mean).

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

While our two other aircraft are considerably further along than the Tomcat

I'd speculate this = no advanced avionics for them to program. And they did tease what looked a US WW2 carrier.

That speculation has no bearing. One project to the next are not necessarily dependent on one anothers' methodologies.

Further, many disparate projects are coming to a head: 2.0, and the promise of what lurks behind it from ED, drives all of these things. If Leatherneck is working on a carrier-based fighter, you can be certain that the infrastructure required to make it work right is being built up on ED's side. And if Leatherneck is working on an aircraft with air to ground radar, it means that the expectation of an F/A-18C (which requires many of the tools that Leatherneck needs for the F-14 experience) is pressing developments in that area.

There is far more going on under the covers of the Tomcat, with regards to the flight dynamics required based on the auto-sweep wing than any other type currently offered in this system; that, in and of itself, brings with it an immediate penalty in development time that you'd see with no other type (barring the auto-sweep Tornado variant).

Thus, don't confuse position in release with lack of complexity. It's likely a situation where the pieces are falling into place faster.

As much as I am absolutely enthralled with a proper F14 sim (First day buy for me) I really, REALLY hope Leatherneck will return to their roots with the 2nd or 3rd aircraft and make something out of the Russian Department again. Maybe a Mig 23/25/31 or something else.

When I think of DCS world, I think of a whole world of planes to chose from and play with, not just from either NATO or Russain sides exclusively.

But whatever their choice, I'll be happy to support them with my hard earned cash

F-16 is a possibility and one that I personally would like very much, it's one of my favorites, but I don't really believe it will be it.

It was mentioned that there will "be something for all tastes" and while there are many many differences between the 16 and 14, I think it's still a bit too similar to say that it would cater to all tastes.

Maybe I'm giving too much importance to that phrase, but I think it won't be another american aircraft, as personal preferences and the nationality of the people who designed and produced the aircraft are usually very much related. So something that appeases all tastes can't be something from the same country I think.

Viggen or MiG-23 were "hinted", because of said duck reference, but neither has a ground radar, I might be mistaken, not an expert and not pretending to be either.

This is not really a guess, I would like the Harrier, but I would be very surprised if it turns out to be it. Would be a great surprise, a welcome surprise to me and to be released before the F-14, in this year still? Amazing.

It would have to be one of the latest variants of the Harrier. I believe, that had a multimode radar.

For the possible WW2 aircraft I would place my bets on the Zero.

I think we can all agree on one thing. LNS is BLOWING our minds with their future content. I am sure the majority of what we all want will eventually start showing up with them. Whatever they release, I know we will all be throwing dollar bills at them like they are dancing on poles and flashing us. A large part of my biggest dream came true when they released the news on the F-14. I remember the old Fleet Defender days trying to get a computer to run it. And when Janes US Navy fighter came out, I spent hours upon hours flying the Tomcat and the Corsair. If they really wanted to complete the other half of my dream and turn it into a wet one, roll the Phantom out of the hangar doors. I would literally pay $200 for that plane. The Horizon for LNS is looking very promising. Can not wait till the next news letter!!!

Edited by robert.clark251

Nice line of thought, Highwayman-Ed.

Dogs of War Squadron

Call sign "HeadHunter" P-51D /Spitfire Jockey

Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR /Q9650 3.6Ghz | 16GB DDR3 1600 RipJaws | EVGA GTX-1060 ACX3 FTW | ThrustMaster 16000m & G13 GamePad w/analog rudder stick | TurtleBeach EarForce PX22 | Track IR5 | Vizio 40" 4K TV monitor (stuck temporarily with an Acer 22" :( )