Operation "Blue Flag Normandy" - 24/7 WWII PvP Campaign - ROUND 1

xcom

Server is back up I see. What's the status? Seems like there's not much going on?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Perfect!

LE: Is there a SRS for it?

2nd LE: 5.189.162.17:5010 this should be on the website too ;)

Edited by amazingme

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

The server is back up and is currently running on a 24/7 basis.

It includes all the features we had back then and also a big optimization to issues we had with lag while many players were flying.

We also have included the intercepts so you can expect some AI trying to shoot you down.

Don’t forget about the label mod, you can activate it using Shift f10.

This is a first step to a future event we are going to hold with several WWII squadrons in the Blue Flag Normandy and possibly with modern and other maps later on.

The gadget is already updated with the live map and statistics - http://gadget.buddyspike.net

We urge you to try it out and give us feedback in our Discord - https://discord.gg/9FW6cz4

Have fun!

The server is back up and is currently running on a 24/7 basis.

It includes all the features we had back then and also a big optimization to issues we had with lag while many players were flying.

We also have included the intercepts so you can expect some AI trying to shoot you down.

Don’t forget about the label mod, you can activate it using Shift f10.

This is a first step to a future event we are going to hold with several WWII squadrons in the Blue Flag Normandy and possibly with modern and other maps later on.

The gadget is already updated with the live map and statistics - http://gadget.buddyspike.net

We urge you to try it out and give us feedback in our Discord - https://discord.gg/9FW6cz4

Have fun!

Thanks! Is the AA working? I flew a bit on the server on the weekend and the flak wasn't shooting at all.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

It's been a while since Case Blue and I forgot: How do you capture enemy bases without helicopters?

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 1 month later...
@xcom Is there any possibility of removing the takeoff assistance?

+1

this keeps me off from server, please shut it off

it is completely useless...

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

Operation "Blue Flag Normandy" - 24/7 WWII PvP Campaign - ROUND 1

@xcom How do I switch sides? I selected Red just to balance out the players on at the time. I was thinking I could switch back after the mission ended. Now! I’m stuck on Red, I would have selected Blue it there was anything that would have stated once you select a side you can never go back. That’s makes no sense to me, it states it’s a test server? There’s no current event happening that I’m aware of?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by Campbell

Have there been any changes to BF Normandy since New Year?

Tornado3 small.jpg

what about adding the christian eagle^^ not sure if there some standard liveries that would fit but it sure is fun to shoot down a biplane.

maybe there would be some fun mission for the ce2, recon, vip transport or something similar. it would be a lot faster than say a fiseler storch type of recce plane.

what about adding the christian eagle^^ not sure if there some standard liveries that would fit but it sure is fun to shoot down a biplane.

maybe there would be some fun mission for the ce2, recon, vip transport or something similar. it would be a lot faster than say a fiseler storch type of recce plane.

???

What has a aerobatic sporting plane from 1977 to do in WW2? :huh:

I hope this is a joke!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply here, I'm mostly active in our Discord so please fish me out there if you need faster responses.

We have had the following updates in BF Normandy -

- switched AAA to closed zu23 gun emplacements, this is because the bofors and flak18 are not evenly matched.

- AI planes - removed AI planes completely, the AI create lag when they shoot and therefore cannot work on a massive multiplayer campaign.

- added jtac slots for GCI and jtacs are also able to go into the AAA and try to manually shoot down incoming planes.

- added dynamic weather (WIP).

- fixed f5 to disabled.

- fixed auto takeoff and takeoff assistance to off.

- fixed F11 to disabled.

- fixed spectator viewer to disabled.

- fixed PAK numbers accordingly, a PAK map will be included later on on the gadget.

We are getting a few squadrons together to start running this weekly, if you are part of a squadron or a few lonewolves who fly together who would like to join, please PM me in Discord - Xcom#7934.

This server is running flawlessly currently and we are having great times when squadrons join up, cu there!

Sorry for the late reply here, I'm mostly active in our Discord so please fish me out there if you need faster responses.

We have had the following updates in BF Normandy -

- switched AAA to closed zu23 gun emplacements, this is because the bofors and flak18 are not evenly matched.

- AI planes - removed AI planes completely, the AI create lag when they shoot and therefore cannot work on a massive multiplayer campaign.

- added jtac slots for GCI and jtacs are also able to go into the AAA and try to manually shoot down incoming planes.

- added dynamic weather (WIP).

- fixed f5 to disabled.

- fixed auto takeoff and takeoff assistance to off.

- fixed F11 to disabled.

- fixed spectator viewer to disabled.

- fixed PAK numbers accordingly, a PAK map will be included later on on the gadget.

We are getting a few squadrons together to start running this weekly, if you are part of a squadron or a few lonewolves who fly together who would like to join, please PM me in Discord - Xcom#7934.

This server is running flawlessly currently and we are having great times when squadrons join up, cu there!

Great news! I'll join up!

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

• 1 month later...
We are joining tonight for some good fights with some squadrons, you are welcome to join.

Should be at around 19:00zulu

Just a quick post to say xcom and buddyspike have done a great job with their Normandy server. We have been playing around in there over the last week or so and the only thing it is missing is a few more humans to fight with.

If you see myself or any of the 119th about say hi and bring the fight! :thumbup:

Just a quick post to say xcom and buddyspike have done a great job with their Normandy server. We have been playing around in there over the last week or so and the only thing it is missing is a few more humans to fight with.

If you see myself or any of the 119th about say hi and bring the fight! :thumbup:

I'll try to influence a few people who bow to peer pressure to get on the server.

Just say when! ;)

Specs:

Settings: