IMPORTANT MiG-21bis StarForce PATCH - MARCH 2017

Dolphin887

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My mig 21s sound isn't right, I'm not sure if it's the starforce patch but it sounds like a passenger plane from the external.

In order to successfully "play" DCS, you need:

1. A Supercomputer

2. The budget of the US department of defense

Dear all,

Most of you know we have issues with the StarForce protection for the MiG-21Bis module.

The primary complaint was that the protection was not flexible enough for the users' hardware and/or software changes.

We took this very seriously, and dedicated our time to work on the fix along with the people on the StarForce team.

Our Starforce patch will be distributed along Eagle Dynamics next DCS World openBeta patch, which should be released by the end of this week.

This is a major patching event for all of us, and it will require your cooperation for a proper and successful execution. In short, in order to save one activation for MiG-21Bis, you will have to deactivate the module BEFORE the DCS 1.5.6 patch is downloaded to your PC. We advise you to do this in next 24 hours.

We have created a guide with detailed instructions that will help you prepare for the incoming patch: please find the attached two identical documents written in English and Russian languages.

Please feel free to distribute them among your friends that are using the MiG-21Bis module.

Note that if you are using DCS World 2.0.5 openAlpha, you do not have to do this at this time. However, when Eagle Dynamics decide to distribute the patch for DCS World 2.0.5 openAlpha, we will distribute the same StarForce patch; thus a simmilar procedure will be required if you do not use any other version.

If you patch 1.5.6 openBeta first after doing the procedure, it is not required again for 2.0.5 openAlpha update.

If there is a 2.0.5 openAlpha update and you update that first ((doing the procedure) before updating 1.5.6 openBeta), then you do not have to do it for 1.5.6 openBeta.

The same as in 1.5.6 stable release. We will do our best to keep you informed in time.

We sincerely appologize for this inconvinience. Our ultimate goal is your satisfaction: there are things we have to do to get there, and there are some thing we have to do together.

We will provide help along the way and we hope this transition will be sucessful. We also hope you will like the fixes we prepared in the next patch.

If you need any help please write us at support@leatherneck-sim.com.

Your dedicated developers,

LNS

Hello, i am sorry but only now i had time to come back to ED forum and so only now i could see this thread.

I am running an activation error:

"Unable to run the application due to integrity fault of the Activation Key. Re-enter a valid Activation Key or re-activate the application."

could you please help me?

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Follow instructions from here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3102385&postcount=1

...or if you want more detailed version, from Zaelu's post here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3132470&postcount=141

Thanks...i solved with the .reg file and rebooting.

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

• 1 month later...

OK i've missed this thread, so if i got it wright i have to wait before theres a new patch , deactivate modules on all dcs versions, clean Reg, update all versions and activate? I never used the beta version tho

Spoiler

Modules: FC3, KA-50, MIG-21, F-18, F-14, UH-1H, Spitfire, F-5E, A-10c II, A-4E, SC, F-16, CA, M2000c, BF-109K-4, Mi-24P

Terrains:Nevada, Persian gulf, Normandy + Asset pack, Syria

PC setup:I7 8700k, 32g ram, m2 ssd, gtx 1080ti, Warthog TM, MFG crosswind, Playseat Air Force, Reverb G2

I have updated the 1.5.6 already but not the open alpha. So i wonder if i have to do that procedure before next patch, or it will keep asking me for activations after each update for the rest of my life. Or am i just to late?? I had to use an activation again last week.

Edited by kurtz667
Spoiler

Modules: FC3, KA-50, MIG-21, F-18, F-14, UH-1H, Spitfire, F-5E, A-10c II, A-4E, SC, F-16, CA, M2000c, BF-109K-4, Mi-24P

PC setup:I7 8700k, 32g ram, m2 ssd, gtx 1080ti, Warthog TM, MFG crosswind, Playseat Air Force, Reverb G2

So you haven't updated the 2.x since March, right?

Anyway, the purpose of the patch was to get rid of activation problems after each update and so far it seems to be working OK for most of us.

OK, if you don't mind loosing one activation key again (for the last time, most probably), update all game versions you use to whatever the newest ones are, then just clean the reg using the batch file provided in the April thread I linked to above and activate the plane, in Open Alpha first to be on the safe side. It's a bit rough method, but should do the trick.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Ok, looked like steam auto updated the open alpha aswell. But i'll try it just before the next mig update to be safe, dont got much activations left i think. Anyways thank for the reply!

Spoiler

Errrr.... Steam? Wait, more confusion follows. What exactly do you have installed on your PC apart from 1.5.6 stable? If you're a Steam user It can't be 2.xx (Open Alpha) version, as it's not available via Steam. 1.5.6 Open Beta is available, so maybe you're referring to that one?

In either case, IF you have any activation issue, do as above anyway.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Ow lol :doh: my bad, i forgot i added the open alpha as a non-steam game in steam; just checked and still needs to update

Spoiler

I didn't even know it was possible. Anyway, the latest version number of Open Alpha, as visible on the bottom right corner of main screen, should be 2.1.1.6837.