HOOK extend/extract feature for warthog

Skyracer

Is it possible to fix that the HOOK will operate the same way as the refueling probe. In other words when switch is up hook is extended, and vice versa?

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

You can already do that by adding a custom key binding.

Just add this line:

{ down = gear_commands.HookHandle, up = gear_commands.HookHandle, cockpit_device_id = devices.GEAR_INTERFACE, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = _('Arresting Hook Handle'), category = {_('Special For Joystick')}},

to the default.lua file located at:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Input\FA-18C\joystick\

Keep a copy of the file though. it will get written over after each update (I think).

There are a bunch of others you can add, like the gear handle. There is a thread somewhere on here that lists them all.

Edited by Rennes

Or use RS Mapper and you dont have to hand edit any luas

Anyone know if Joystick Gremlin achieves the same thing?

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

It does. I use Joystick Gremlin for my On-Off toggles.

You have to use macros though, and conditions with activation on the virtual buttons.

Thanks, Razi! Are there any good tutorials of this that you’re aware of?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Unfortunately I didn't find any good tutorials. I only was able to find a post on its github issues tab that clued me into how to get it to work with on-off toggles.

If I understand correctly, Joystick Gremlin remaps the joystick to a virtual joystick thereby allowing JG to customize the action of a given button press/depress.

With the on-off toggles, you add a macro action with a recorded key press/depress. Then you add a condition to this action that when this virtual button (activated by the physical button) is pressed, the macro is run.

For on-off toggles, you need to use two macros - one for "On" and one for "Off". Linked below are snips of my tail hook configuration (couldn't figure out how to embed them, sorry).

Macros

Conditions

You can already do that by adding a custom key binding.

Just add this line:

{ down = gear_commands.HookHandle, up = gear_commands.HookHandle, cockpit_device_id = devices.GEAR_INTERFACE, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = _('Arresting Hook Handle'), category = {_('Special For Joystick')}},

to the default.lua file located at:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Input\FA-18C\joystick\

Keep a copy of the file though. it will get written over after each update (I think).

There are a bunch of others you can add, like the gear handle. There is a thread somewhere on here that lists them all.

Sorry i cant get this to work

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

Sorry i cant get this to work

I just did it again and it worked fine. (you do have to do it after each update, so keep a copy of the lua file)

Just copy this:

{   down = gear_commands.HookHandle,  up = gear_commands.HookHandle, cockpit_device_id = devices.GEAR_INTERFACE,  value_down =  1.0,   value_up = 0.0, name = _('Arresting Hook Handle'), category = {_('Special For Joystick')}},

into the file listed in my first post, put it just under the line that says: "join(res.keyCommands,{"

near the top of the file.

Then load DCS and go into the controls options and use the pull down to select the "special for Joystick" section. You should then see an binding for "Arresting Hook Handle", bind which ever switch you want to use for it and you should be good to go.

I just did it again and it worked fine. (you do have to do it after each update, so keep a copy of the lua file)

Just copy this:

{   down = gear_commands.HookHandle,  up = gear_commands.HookHandle, cockpit_device_id = devices.GEAR_INTERFACE,  value_down =  1.0,   value_up = 0.0, name = _('Arresting Hook Handle'), category = {_('Special For Joystick')}},

into the file listed in my first post, put it just under the line that says: "join(res.keyCommands,{"

near the top of the file.

Then load DCS and go into the controls options and use the pull down to select the "special for Joystick" section. You should then see an binding for "Arresting Hook Handle", bind which ever switch you want to use for it and you should be good to go.

Can it be done with OvGME?