Hud brightness

Neon67

• 7 months later...

Hello,

Is the HUD intensity control wheel planned to be made operational? HUD intensity is a bit high during night flying.

Best

Fulcrum

:pilotfly:

win 10x64 - Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero - I9 9900K@5.0GHz - Samsung 970 EVO m2 2TB - RAM Corsair 64GB DDR4 - Corsair H150i pro - Strix RTX 2080 Ti- oculus rift S and a few other goodies :joystick:

• 3 weeks later...

I hope this will be added soon too. I generally adjust the HUD intensity in all modules I fly.

Goes for the VTB too, ability to adjust its intensity would be most welcome.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

:thumbup:

I think its time for the M2k to be out of BETA so everything would work... Lets goooo Razbam

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

• 1 year later...

After doing a search for HUD Brightness, I found 25 references. I looked at several which have requested HUD brightness since 2017 and do note that the HUD is listed in their 2018 "In work or Planned" list on the update post (Various HUD updates and corrections). I did not note any sort of timeframe or confirmation that it would actually be done, and since it would be more of a feature than a bug, probably another WIP issue.

System Specs: System Specs: MSI Tomahawk Z590 wifi, I9 11900K Processor, 64gb Corsair Vengance 3600mhz ram, 3080 Nvidia Video Card, Windows 11 Pro, 2 Samsung NVMe SSD (2tb and 1 tb), Valve Index VR system

Don't worry guys, it's only been in DCS for 3 years. Obviously things of this nature are very difficult and we really can't expect such difficult, yet important for the operation of the aircraft, functionality to be included with the jet for a mere $60.

I'm sure in another 3 years they'll be able to figure it out and add it in.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes please!

I've started learning the M2000 with a friend some weeks ago (despite the fact that I own the module since its beta stage), and I've been surprised I couldn't find the HUD brightness control.

It's just that we had to bring back this beauty after some simple pattern and navigation exercise and the MP server had a mission late in the day, so it ended up in a beautiful sunset.

Problem is the HUD started to become an annoyance as I/we started to struggle seeing anything beyond the bright display.

Since then I avoid flying the M2000 anywhere near that time of day.

Is there any news on this?

----

Ha! Found it!

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3633827&postcount=619

Witchcraft is happening!

Yes!

Edited by Bourrinopathe

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

You mean HUD brightness has been ready since mid November 2017, and not included yet ???

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

Ah! Thanks! Only good news then.

Stupid me ^_^