Atlantic Wall spring 44

zero

Toying around with mission editor a couple of hours.

If you want to built Atlantic Wall (Le Havre example) , you have to throw in structures from menu as coastal batteries?

Guess it is impossible to remove or camouflage airfields near coast?

Want to start from UK and do some ground attack prior to D-Day.

:pilotfly::joystick:

Toying around with mission editor a couple of hours.

If you want to built Atlantic Wall (Le Havre example) , you have to throw in structures from menu as coastal batteries?

Guess it is impossible to remove or camouflage airfields near coast?

Want to start from UK and do some ground attack prior to D-Day.

:pilotfly::joystick:

Anyone?

Nobody tried to make D-day landing area look authentic in mars - april - may?

Several post D-Day airfields does not fit in.

:imho:

This issue was raised with ED a long time ago.

It was mentioned that hard-coding the post D-day airfields on the map would not be a good idea, because it would make the map historical for only a few weeks of the war.

The Allied-built forward bases in France should, ideally, NOT be hard coded onto the map...

However, it would appear at this stage that this request has been ignored.

ED should (for the sake of gameplay AND longevity of the product) set their sights on a map that can provide gameplay from 1940 until 1944. Removing a few airfields (same applied to the atlantic wall structures) and allowing them to be turned on/off in the editor would go a long, long way towards achieving this.

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

This issue was raised with ED a long time ago.

It was mentioned that hard-coding the post D-day airfields on the map would not be a good idea, because it would make the map historical for only a few weeks of the war.

The Allied-built forward bases in France should, ideally, NOT be hard coded onto the map...

However, it would appear at this stage that this request has been ignored.

ED should (for the sake of gameplay AND longevity of the product) set their sights on a map that can provide gameplay from 1940 until 1944. Removing a few airfields (same applied to the atlantic wall structures) and allowing them to be turned on/off in the editor would go a long, long way towards achieving this.

THANKS!

:thumbup:

Explains all...

Edit:

Very disappointing. Even today important structures such as WN72 are intact.

Why did ED removed it?

Edited by zero

I am not sure what you mean.

You can see Atlantic Wall structures on the map.

Fly over Pont Du Hoc... they are there.

Craters on top. Been there myself. Very impressive. Naval guns are placed in the steep hill under it. Very difficult to see.

Sorry if I missed WN`s. Low pass several times in the area. (Maybe smaller than I imagine). And studied the Mission Editor map

Craters on top. Been there myself. Very impressive. Naval guns are placed in the steep hill under it. Very difficult to see.

Sorry if I missed WN`s. Low pass several times in the area. (Maybe smaller than I imagine). And studied the Mission Editor map

I saw a concrete bunker last night.. can't quite recal where it was though, but it was on a cliff top somwhere... Will have to look again.

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

But you can't find WN72 in the ME. If they were then you could add them into the entire Atlantic wall from Utah to Sword. If they are selectable within the ME, where are they located? I apologize if they are there and I missed them. But if I did could somebody tell me where they are. Thanks in advance.

But you can't find WN72 in the ME. If they were then you could add them into the entire Atlantic wall from Utah to Sword. If they are selectable within the ME, where are they located? I apologize if they are there and I missed them. But if I did could somebody tell me where they are. Thanks in advance.

Not implemented yet in the alpha.

I do agree though that hard coding in the airfields was a bad idea, especially when they didn't hard code in the defences. Only Pointe-du-Hoc has a bunker, and I think that's because the never removed it, that bunker and the craters exist to this day.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS:WWII 1944 BACKER --- Fw. 190D-9 --- Bf. 109K-4 --- P-51D --- Spitfire!

Specs: Intel i7-3770 @3.9 Ghz - NVidia GTX 960 - 8GB RAM - OCz Vertex 240GB SSD - Toshiba 1TB HDD - Corsair CX 600M Power Supply - MSI B75MA-P45 MoBo - Defender Cobra M5

http://www.atlantikwall.org.uk/wn71_&_wn72.htm

https://c1.staticflickr.com/6/5543/9066993800_bc440f14e3_b.jpg

http://www.battleofnormandytours.com/uploads/2/5/1/7/2517577/2424300_orig.jpg

Very few are removed. It is impossible.

Even in my close area (Beach in Norway) there are many bunkers left. Cannot imagine how to remove them

Edited by zero

Ideally, as philstyle stated in his first post in this thread, the map should, in its basic form, be in a pre-war state; no bunkers or anything.

Given technology developed for it (for creating morphable maps), all changes which occurred historically could be put into templates for specific points in time, which would make for a huge number of templates from June - August '44.

Not only would bunkers of all types and all the hindrances on the beaches and inland have to be considered, but also all the destruction, bombed out building, shell holes (also on roads), etc.

Aside from the huge amount of work to just put such templates together, I read elsewhere, that the ED does not have the technology at the moment to implement any changes to the map, which would constitute creating any space below the surface of the ground (map) such as trenches.

Besides the immense amount of work, from my understanding, that one of the largest hindrances to having different map setups for different points in time, with and without specific airfields etc.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

• 1 year later...

Are there at this time any templates or user mission files available which approach the different scenario' s?

For example a pre and post invasion scenario with a lot of bunkers etc.

The default map is very.. peaceful