Couple of questions

Dave317

I've been away and only just seen this kickstarter and have a few questions before I make any pledges.

1. If I pledge $40 what do I actually get? I understand I get the spit, p47 and 109 but what about the p51 and 190? Do I have to buy these separately? Do I get every single plane RRG ever makes?

2. When would I get these planes, terrain, missions?

3. What happens if $150000 isn't reached?

4. What happens if the developers don't come up with the goods? I feel I was burnt a bit over Cliffs of Dover with promises that never happened and a sim that was far from complete. As I understand some of the main guys developing this were the same people that developed CLOD. I don't know exactly why CLOD went the way it did but I'm more sceptical about this team now.

5. Paypal. Is it going to be possible to pledge by paypal before it's over?

1. All of them but not until game release in September 2014.

2. September 2014.

3. We don't get a flyable 262 but as a backer you still get the other 5 at $40.

4. Ilya starts selling hot dogs for a living. Seriously theres too much riding on this for it to fail. The reason he's doing it this way is to get the time and space and money to develop a finished game without interferance from financial backers who previously called the shots. A game will be released whether we back it or not, with the 3 planes and a map, which alone would have to be good enough to gain interest. We are also promised aircraft as good as the p51 so what's not to like. The release of the map sdk should speed up the arrival of different/bigger arenas to fly in.

5. Paypal should be up later today. Ilya is on the west coast usa, so still in bed :) but later today the option should appear on the kickstarter page. Only 30k to go as I write. Hope you join us.

Edited by Altflieger
comprehension!
  • Like 1

1. All of them but not until game release in September 2014.
This answer is ambiguous to the question. You get all of aircraft to be flyable at release, not all of the flyable aircraft ever to be released, so future releases will still cost money.

2. September 2014.
Possibly May 2014 (see the $10 reward) since $40 also comes with Beta access.

4. [...]
RRG answers to ED/TFC now instead of Ubisoft. It is a different ballgame. There is a reason ED no longer works with Ubisoft.
Edited by VincentLaw

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This answer is ambiguous to the question. You get all of aircraft to be flyable at release, not all of the flyable aircraft ever to be released, so future releases will still cost money.

Possibly May 2014 (see the $10 reward) since $40 also comes with Beta access.

RRG answers to ED/TFC now instead of Ubisoft. It is a different ballgame. There is a reason ED no longer works with Ubisoft.

So do we know exactly what flyable will be included with the release?

So do we know exactly what flyable will be included with the release?
P-51D (from DCS World)

FW.190D-9 (from DCS World)

Bf-109K-4

Spitfire Mk IX

P-47D-28

If the combined kickstarter and invisible paypal funding reaches $150,000:

Me.262A-1

There were more aircraft stretch goals, but they would probably require a divine intervention to reach: (note, these are no longer visible on the kickstarter page)

$425,000: B-17

(other goals may differ, based on cached google page)

$550,000: Hawker Typhoon IB

$550,000: FW.190A-5

$750,000: A-26B-15

$1,000,000: P-38J-15

$1,000,000: FB.VI

$1,000,000: Me 410 A or Ju 88

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I doubt that RRG is selling DCS's planes. Therefore I don't think they are not included in the $20-$40 pledges that concern RRG flyable planes only..

You are incorrect, at least the first sentence. The second is a double negative, btw.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

You are incorrect, at least the first sentence. The second is a double negative, btw.

Yup, my bad, edited :)

So, for 20$, I can get the Mustang which is currently sold apart at 39$? Interesting...

Edited by Corsair

So, for 20$, I can get the Mustang which is currently sold apart at 39$? Interesting...

Yes, but at the $20 level you will not get your P-51 license until WWII is released.

I don't understand the DCS World P-51 and FW.190D-9 Extras

DCS WWII will come out next year. DCS World is available now. You can already fly the P-51 in DCS World, while the FW.190D-9 will come out early next year, well before the release date of DCS WWII.

If you wish to fly these aircraft earlier, you can select these rewards now. The P-51 license will be issued to you soon after the Kickstarter campaign ends, while the FW.190D-9 license will be issued early next year when the DCS World version of the aircraft will become available.

Please note that the FW.190D-9 license for DCS World is only available for an $80 pledge or higher due to the fact that the product is not yet released.

Edited by VincentLaw

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Or FW-190D if you own the Mustang already:)

Edit: but only to use in DCS44 (which is her true theatre btw), see the post above.

Edited by ami7b5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Edit: but only to use in DCS44 (which is her true theatre btw), see the post above.

No, actually to use it in both (see below).

Please note that the FW.190 and P-51 aircraft here are the same planes as the available digital extras. The only difference is access date. The aircraft listed in Total Flyables will be available with the main release of DCS WWII, or with the alpha or beta versions if you opt in for the testing program.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OK, you are right.

I just don't see any reason to fly them in DCS:World after their natural WWII theatre is available.

But maybe it's just me :)

There is one fairly big reason. DCS: World is available right now so its a good place to start practicing. AFAIK the Dora will also first make an appearance in DCS: World.

There is one fairly big reason. DCS: World is available right now so its a good place to start practicing. AFAIK the Dora will also first make an appearance in DCS: World.

Yes, I do it in my P-51 already, but with Dora I'll just wait for DCS44.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]