Is it a bug or me? Huey training mission and campaign.

Hi all, I'm still very new to DCS but decided now since 2.5 was released to splurge out and bought the Huey and the KA-50.

I wanted to start my learning curve with the Huey so fired up the second training mission on armament. After clicking on the FLY button I get spawned directly on top of another huey and both blow up. Can anyone else concur that this happens with them too please?

On a similar but different note, in the Huey campaign during the first mission whilst flying to the next base I get told to take a left at the fork in the rivers and climb to over 4000feet but each time I do this my rotors just detach and I plummet into the ground.

Anyone able to guess what I'm doing wrong?

I still run the vanilla game and there appears to be no conflicts.

Cheers........Mad Jock

Yeh don't overstress the engine - don't go over about 85 - 90 percent power and i believe you can complete that mission by just following the waypoints to the base. Its a long flight and is a great way to take in 2.5

I believe someone advised the huey is a little to sensitive to engine temps at the moment and this will be fixed. At the moment it's very underpowered and slow...

Belsimtek have it on the list i believe...

Cheers

James

Not sure about the spawning thing possible bug in the mission, but if you park where another aircraft spawn and one does then yes ka-bomb.

In the model rapid application of collective can cause the rotor to disengage from the aircraft somewhat reducing the options for the rest of the flight in that aircraft.

Overheating the engine sort of results in the same condition as the above, *although the rotor probably shouldn't disengage giving you slightly more options for the rest of the flight.

The first thing to remember is DCS is a SIM and not a game in that the models need to be operated within parameters that are as best can be modelled like the real deal. When I first started with the Huey (my first model also) I remember over zealously using collective and pop, there goes another rotor. :P

* This is being discussed elsewhere in the forum and for the Huey indicates that the engine/transmission have been destroyed by exceeding various parameters. :D

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

the helicopters all spawning on the same pad was a bug introduced in 2.5

they fixed it in the last patch but i think someone needs to open this mission and save it.

to fix the issue once and for all.

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.