Tanker A/C TACAN and Harier

1. In the mission editor, set the TACAN channel and frequency in the advanced waypoints for the KC130.

2. In the Harrier, on the UFC, press TACAN, enter the channel, and then enter. Switch on the TACAN whilst it is still selected by pressing on/off on the UFC. On the left you will see T/R, A/A, and X lit up in the thingy panel (sorry, name escapes me). Select T/R and A/A, and with the HSI selected on one of the MFCDs, you should see distance & bearing info in the top right corner, and a triangle outside the compass ring showing direction to the TACAN station.

That's it.

For KC135:

—> Advanced waypoint

—> perform command

—> activate TACAN

Questions:

A)

For KC130

no option „activate TACAN“ is available.

Anybody really managed to get TACAN A/C working on KC130?

B)

For KC135

Is there a loadout option to set a pylon with basket refuel system in order to let AV/8B gas up at a KC135?

For KC135:

—> Advanced waypoint

—> perform command

—> activate TACAN

Questions:

A)

For KC130

no option „activate TACAN“ is available.

Anybody really managed to get TACAN A/C working on KC130?

B)

For KC135

Is there a loadout option to set a pylon with basket refuel system in order to let AV/8B gas up at a KC135?

What version of DCS World are you referring to? 2.5 has the Hercules TACAN added.

Verify you set Task to Tanker. Then switch airplane to KC-130. Now go to first waypoint and advanced waypoint tasks to configure the "Activate TACAN" task.

Add a circle (racetrack) task on WP1 and put a WP2 to define the size of the leg. Add a WP3 with landing to enable controlled RTB.

DCS 2.5 recent patch level from last friday.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• 4 months later...

I had been playing with the tankers recently and did get a really different and unconsistent results. The mission included two KC-130 and one S-3B.

The issues were:

1. Unable to communicate with one of the KC-130. It just does not respond to radio comms. Others two are fine. I'm sure it's not a user problem - I can communicate with other tankers.

2. TACAN does not work with S-3B.

3. I've seen issues that although TACAN was setup with "Y" band I had to use "X" band in Harrier to get the signal. In other words TACAN Y75 - plane X75 was required to make it work.

4. In the same mission, in Harrier is able to receive a range and bearing to the KC-130 with an activated TACAN while Mirage shows only the bearing.

I really got confused with all those issues. Sorry if those seem a noob questions but just to understand how to use the TACAN. Should the TACAN receiver be setup to T/R or A/A mode. I assume the A/A mode would require 63 channel separation in order to work correctly and would provide distance only.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all