VULCAN FORGE - A Realistic 10 Mission AV-8B Campaign on NTTR

Sedlo

Just figured out what was going on with that first mission, somehow I had included a huge image in the briefing panel. I've updated the mission and the campaign has been uploaded:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3134805/

My load time went from 2 minutes down to 20 seconds, hope this fix works for you!

Extremely long load times for mission 1. Sometimes get message "DCS is not responding". Is there something I can do to speed up load times?

Just figured out what was going on with that first mission, somehow I had included a huge image in the briefing panel. I've updated the mission and the campaign has been uploaded:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3134805/

My load time went from 2 minutes down to 20 seconds, hope this fix works for you!

The Download link on the "Userfiles" page is dead. Get 404 error on the "Download" button.

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

Very good campaign so far. fantastic job.

Just a question about mission 4:

- once arriving at the target, i use the dmt and get connected to the targets. From there, i can use the rocket (the laser is letting me know where are the bad guys) but is there a way to use the maverick (tvmv). They connect to the laser position but i cannot change the mod not i can t lock the maverick to their targets.

- could someone help ?

thanks in advance

best,

Cobra

Once you select the target with the laser, you need to uncage the maverick, that will put it pretty close to your target. Then, you need to change the sensor so irmv is showing on the hud(would be sensor select aft). Then press dmt down/action for the lock. Unless the target is moving, you shouldn't need to slew around. Your then ready to fire.

Hope this help... Even if it two week later.

Edited by timber3000

Glad you are enjoying the campaign, standby for an new Red Flag Harrier mission, hope to have it working soon!

Once you select the target with the laser, you need to uncage the maverick, that will put it pretty close to your target. Then, you need to change the sensor so irmv is showing on the hud(would be sensor select aft). Then press dmt down/action for the lock. Unless the target is moving, you shouldn't need to slew around. Your then ready to fire.

Hope this help... Even if it two week later.

Edited by Sedlo

Hi Seldo,

First, congrats for the campaign. It is very immersive and fantastic. very good job done !!!!

I just have a question on Mission 10:

- I killed all the trucks using the canon on the road est of the city (can't remember the name) but then I fly over for a good 10 minutes to make sure i didn't miss any trucks but no additional information or tasks.

- I landed but no success (50 score)

Is there anything that I missed ?

Did you change your weapons loadout? Something should happen as soon as an AGM-65D is launched.

Hi Seldo,

First, congrats for the campaign. It is very immersive and fantastic. very good job done !!!!

I just have a question on Mission 10:

- I killed all the trucks using the canon on the road est of the city (can't remember the name) but then I fly over for a good 10 minutes to make sure i didn't miss any trucks but no additional information or tasks.

- I landed but no success (50 score)

Is there anything that I missed ?

• 2 weeks later...

Sedlo BIG BIG thx for the campaign, had a blast, very well done, and... most important, you can really feel all your hard work put in to it, it really shows, even better than lots of paid stuff... and thats not streching it. High level stuff this;)

This downloads as a rar file. When I open the rar, all I see is an l10n folder and three files (warehouses, options, and missions). I know those are what's normally inside a single miz file.

I expected to see a folder containing a miz file for each mission in the campaign. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks very much, Verde! Yes, it was a ton of work, and I'm really glad people are enjoying it!

Sedlo BIG BIG thx for the campaign, had a blast, very well done, and... most important, you can really feel all your hard work put in to it, it really shows, even better than lots of paid stuff... and thats not streching it. High level stuff this;)

I just downloaded and opened the .rar file, when opened it shows the 10 individual missions as .miz files, plus the .cmp campaign file (plus some jpegs).

I think you may be opening the .rar and opening one of the .miz files right away.

This downloads as a rar file. When I open the rar, all I see is an l10n folder and three files (warehouses, options, and missions). I know those are what's normally inside a single miz file.

I expected to see a folder containing a miz file for each mission in the campaign. Am I doing something wrong?

I've been using 7-zip for pretty much all my compressed files (zip, etc) for a long time. That's what I was using when I had the problem not seeing the miz files inside the rar. I tried it several times.

I just installed Winrar and tried it again, and of course everything is there like it should be! It's weird, I've never had any issues with 7-zip before.

In any case, all is well and I look forward to trying this campaign out! Thanks for creating it.

No worries... I hope you enjoy the mission!

I've been using 7-zip for pretty much all my compressed files (zip, etc). That's what I was using when I had the problem not seeing the miz files. I tried it several times.

I just installed Winrar and tried it again, and of course everything was there like it should be! It's weird, I've never had any issues with 7-zip before.

In any case, all is well and I look forward to trying this campaign out! Thanks for creating it.

Just back from trying the first three missions of this campaign and I'm seriously impressed. The script and the voice acting is on point and more engaging than some of the campaigns I've paid for.

Only a couple of things to feedback:

1. The voice generated characters. I understand you've probably done this because voice actors don't grow on trees but personally, I'd prefer the same voice actor playing multiple characters than any using a generated speech engine.

2. Let me turn the transcript off in the top right hand corner - in VR it's huge and at night it's like someone is shining a torch in my face.

Top work mate, can't wait to get stuck into the rest of the missions.

Devils Canyon i7 4790K @ 4.9GHz |16gb DDR3 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080Ti | Samsung 860 EVO

Thrustmaster Warthog | Virpil WarBRD | Virpil TM-50CM2 Grip | VKB-Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV | Acer X34A (21:9) | Oculus Rift S

A-10C | AJS-37 | AV-8B | C-101 | F/A-18C | F-14A/B | F-5E | KA-50 | L-39 | M-2000C | SA342 | Spitfire LF Mk IX | UH-1H

Thanks for the feedback, DowntownSIX! I will be replacing the robot voices, but it's going to be a while before I can get to this project (a million things on the go right now). As for the transcripts, I'll check and see if I can add a radio button to enable/disable them, at least on the mission 3 to start. The rest of them are in the daylight hours.

I have a feeling you're gonna like mission 4! :-)

Just back from trying the first three missions of this campaign and I'm seriously impressed. The script and the voice acting is on point and more engaging than some of the campaigns I've paid for.

Only a couple of things to feedback:

1. The voice generated characters. I understand you've probably done this because voice actors don't grow on trees but personally, I'd prefer the same voice actor playing multiple characters than any using a generated speech engine.

2. Let me turn the transcript off in the top right hand corner - in VR it's huge and at night it's like someone is shining a torch in my face.

Top work mate, can't wait to get stuck into the rest of the missions.