Is there a way to reduce the time from mission start to depature?

I'm sitting idle for almost 20 minutes every mission, waiting for CAP to get rolling.

Accelerating time really doesn't do anything for me past 2x, with this many units on the map a single core can only do so much :P

Is there a way to reduce the time from mission start to depature?

I'm sitting idle for almost 20 minutes every mission, waiting for CAP to get rolling.

Accelerating time really doesn't do anything for me past 2x, with this many units on the map a single core can only do so much :P

In the /init/camp_init.lua file there is a parameter

startup_time_player = 1200, --time in seconds allocated for startup, taxi and take off for player flight

which you can change, that should work. After you have changed it you will need to run FirstMission.bat to reinitialize the campaign for the new files in the Init folder that you changed.

In the /init/camp_init.lua file there is a parameter

startup_time_player = 1200, --time in seconds allocated for startup, taxi and take off for player flight

which you can change, that should work. After you have changed it you will need to run FirstMission.bat to reinitialize the campaign for the new files in the Init folder that you changed.

Thank you, that did the trick.

So I loaded it up after the update today, first mission spawns my wingman inside my plan, will try to make a new first mission to see if it works

edit - Sorry, the F/A-18 on Caucasus. I've reset the first mission and I've got separate parking spots now but frames are 1-2/s and I can't even start up

Edited by Seth0351

I only get 1-2 fps after starting the mission and confirm the briefing. After leaving the mission the debriefing is opened and I can confirm if I agree with the mission. Did I messed up something?

I'm on version OB 2.5.2.18307 with "FA18 over Caucasus-Multirole".

Edited by Sgt_Cyanide

Thanks!

Can't get Desert FA-18 86 : F/A-18C conversion for Desert Mirage 86 working.

Campaign not showing, also using the BAT files didn't generate a new first mission. Installed

"...\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Missions\EN\Campaigns\Desert FA18 86"

(latest beta)

FA18 over Caucasus-Multirole working fine and also .bat files.

Thanks again!

Thanks!

Can't get Desert FA-18 86 : F/A-18C conversion for Desert Mirage 86 working.

Campaign not showing, also using the BAT files didn't generate a new first mission. Installed

"...\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Missions\EN\Campaigns\Desert FA18 86"

(latest beta)

FA18 over Caucasus-Multirole working fine and also .bat files.

Thanks again!

Fercyful confirmed the same problem. Fixed and uploaded the new file. If you just redownload the campaign it should be fine now. Was a problem in Camp_triggers_init.lua, it was throwing an unexpected character error on line 1. But I couldn't find any such character or problem with the file. I resaved the file and now it works. I uploaded the new version. Deleted the version on my PC, downloaded and tested. Should be fine now.

Let me know if you have further problems.

I only get 1-2 fps after starting the mission and confirm the briefing. After leaving the mission the debriefing is opened and I can confirm if I agree with the mission. Did I messed up something?

I'm on version OB 2.5.2.18307 with "FA18 over Caucasus-Multirole".

Looking into this guys. I also have the same problem since the recent update straight after briefing, frame drop 1-2 FPS and pilot crash on startup for FA18 over Caucasus Multirole.

Tested original Mirage over Caucasus-Multirole. Same problem.

From the mission debriefing all static and active assets suffer a failure and crash. So I guess the CPU overloads while trying to calculate all that at the same time.

Same problem for all Caucasus Mirage Campaigns too. Fighter and fighter light.

Mirage and FA18 Desert 86 seem fine

picture.php?albumid=1535&pictureid=9917

Edited by Falcaw

Fercyful confirmed the same problem. Fixed and uploaded the new file. If you just redownload the campaign it should be fine now. Was a problem in Camp_triggers_init.lua, it was throwing an unexpected character error on line 1. But I couldn't find any such character or problem with the file. I resaved the file and now it works. I uploaded the new version. Deleted the version on my PC, downloaded and tested. Should be fine now.

Thanks for support Falcaw!

Now the "FirstMission.bat" is working fine. But still can't see the campaign at game menu. Double check all here, the other campaign working fine.

Update: Sorry but i just check the campaing description : "1986 combat exercise to evaluate the FA-18C in a prolonged dynamic offensive air campaign against simulated Warsaw Pact forces in southern Nevada"

I thought it was for Persian Gulf map!! (you know the desert part) I don't have Nevada module so...:Flush: + My english is not good :doh:

Edited by Fercyful

Thanks for support Falcaw!

Now the "FirstMission.bat" is working fine. But still can't see the campaign at game menu. Double check all here, the other campaign working fine.

Update: Sorry but i just check the campaing description : "1986 combat exercise to evaluate the FA-18C in a prolonged dynamic offensive air campaign against simulated Warsaw Pact forces in southern Nevada"

I thought is was for Persian Gulf map!! (you know the desert part) I don't have Nevada module so...:Flush: + My english is not good :doh:

Oh No! No problem! I think that a Persian Gulf map campaign is in the works from Quigon.

I tested Cristofer campaigns on Caucasus and it's the same problem ! So it seems to come from the map itself ...

:( Thanks for the update PB0, I unfortunately haven't had time to look into it further.

Still had that problem after i redownloaded.

I opened Camp_triggers_init.lua in notepad++ and didn't find a problem.

But than I opened the file in eclipse and there where some strange symbols in front of the first line. After removing these and saving the first mission generation works but didn't test the first mission yet.

Be careful : all Caucasus campaigns are not working anymore but a fix may be available soon ...

Temporary fix here, haven't tested it yet. Would love to see if it works but can't until I'm home in a bit.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3525573&postcount=757

Supposed to reduce the workload by pruning units that aren't close to the action.

But of course you know this, wanna make this visible for others though.

Edited by DrKamikaze

So I finally got time to implement a proper parking assignment system, it's working well for me, no more explosions. Parking assignment by itself seems to do nothing for the framerate, however the 'pruning' script I mentioned earlier does improve things dramatically.

Here's the file you'll need, it includes both fixes (parking & pruning):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12bRwzZ0mBztqAgqH1mEf9-x4fvlU6gkY/view?usp=sharing

And the description from the README inside:

These two scripts fix various aspects of the MBot campaigns:

1. The campaign generates too many units and this leads to very poor DCS performance.

2. The campaign doesn't assign parking, so DCS often parks aircraft on top of each other .. causing chaos.

Installation

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Inside this zip are an 'Init' folder and a 'Scripts' folder. The contents of these should be merged with

the existing 'Init' and 'Scripts' folder for the DCE campaign. For example, my campaign folder is:

C:\Games\DCS World OpenBeta 2.5\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Missions\EN\Campaigns\FA18 over Caucasus-Multirole

Inside this folder are an 'Init' and a 'Scripts' folder. Paste the folders in this zip over those

folders, overwriting any files that are already there.

2. Inside the scripts folder locate the file MAIN_NextMission.lua and open it in a text editor (for example

Notepad++).

Search for the line containing:

dofile("Scripts/ATO_FlightPlan.lua")

And *underneath* that line add:

dofile("Scripts/ATO_Parking.lua")

THEN search for the line:

dofile("Scripts/DC_Briefing.lua")

and underneath that line add:

dofile("Scripts/DC_Prune.lua")

3. Run the FirstMission.bat or the SkipMission.bat to generate a new mission. Until you've done that the

changes won't have any effect.

4. Fly your new mission and hopefully enjoy a faster, less exploding, DCS.

Edited by Tomsk

Whenever I finish a mission in the Desert F-18 campaign I get this error message and the campaign doesnt advance (the same exact mission next time.) Any ideas?

Same here playing F-18's Caucasus campaign.

I used Tomsk's fix and it indeed ran and I didn't have any issue until I quit. Then I got this message and no CMD prompt to accept/refuse the mission's results.