MiG-21bis Dynamic Campaign: Desert Fishbed 76

MBot

attachment.php?attachmentid=155767&stc=1&d=1485471240

Fly the MiG-21bis interceptor for the Warsaw Pact in a 1976 simulated air war exercise in Nevada.

Features:

• Single player or up to 2 player COOP dynamic campaign
  • Intercept mission types
  • Persistent damage and resources tracking across missions

This is a MiG-21bis spin-off of the Desert Tiger 76 campaign.

Download V1.05

Installation instruction in Read Me

Changelog:

V1.02 - 07.02.2017

-Fixed unable to spawn in COOP with more players than just the host

-Used new F-5E skin

V1.03 - 22.02.2017

-Fixed wingman not taxing

V1.04 - 23.04.2017

-Fixed available weapons at airbases

-Made weather 100% clear, as clouds cause severe FPS drop

-Various small fixes and updates

V1.05 - 22.12.2017

-Maintenance update

Banner_Fishbed.thumb.jpg.c7d97f6e5c4e4591cbf1941e032d3c0a.jpg

Desert Fishbed 76 v1.05.zip

Edited by MBot

Wow, thank you!:thumbup:

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

AFAIK air-to-air only.

You sure? The F-5 variant of this campaign has A-A and A-G.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

This particular campaign is (almost) air-air only, as it is a spin-off from the Tiger campaign which has blue attacking and red defending.

Oh, so the player switches sides? Makes sense. Need to try this one as well when I find some time :)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

hello MBots I have an issue with this campaign, after flying first mission (ferry to tonopah airfield) I have the debriefing text that appears (no issue here) and then the windows popup, however when accepting the result of the mission here is what appears :

Generating Next Mission.

04:25h passed. Next mission scheduled at: 14:04, 6.4.1976.

METAR 061404 34001MPS CAVOK NSW FEW051 Q986=

Please Wait...

..\..\..\..\..\..\..\bin\luae.exe: .\Scripts/UTIL_Functions.lua:67: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'x' (a nil value)

stack traceback:

.\Scripts/UTIL_Functions.lua:67: in function 'GetHeading'

Scripts/ATO_RouteGenerator.lua:10: in function 'GetRoute'

Scripts/ATO_Generator.lua:258: in main chunk

[C]: in function 'dofile'

Scripts/MAIN_NextMission.lua:97: in main chunk

[C]: in function 'dofile'

Scripts\DEBRIEF_Master.lua:88: in main chunk

[C]: ?

And if I try to continue the campaign it is again the first ferry mission that is proposed.

I have not had this issue with your beta version of the F5 tiger campaign.

Edited by bushido

Thank you for the notice. I can see where the error occurs, but since there are thousands of different combination it is almost impossible to tell what causes it. I just run about 50 mission generations and could not reproduce it, so it seems to be pretty rare.

For now I suggest you play the first mission again (you can end it any point without negative impact). It is extremely unlikely that you will be seeing the same error again. Meanwhile I will keep an eye open for it.

• Like 1

Try it again and I win the campaign ! (in just one mission and without to fire a single round I'm soooo good !!!)

Try it again (again) and this time all went smooth I did not win the campaign and a new intercept mission has been generated.

Thanks MBot.

Try it again and I win the campaign ! (in just one mission and without to fire a single round I'm soooo good !!!)

You probably ended the mission immediately after loading, right? DCS needs a couple seconds to apply the correct mission scoring.

No I took off and then quit. I have the same issue another time, just reflew the mission and all went well.

Wow, really. Mission scoring in DCS sure is pretty buggy. Funnily I haven't seen this bug myself for about a year now. But reading the feedback, it seems to affect users every now and then. Nothing I can do about it unfortunately, this is related to DCS.

Is it possible to put the Mirage 2000 in the campaign instead of the Mig 21?

How would that be done?:huh:

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

Just had a go at this. Fantastic!!!

Just a couple of questions, the radio for Groom is given as Channel 1, but I am unable to contact ATC.

Also, does anyone know how to get the map to display on the kneeboard?

Thirdly, (and unfortunately, most importantly) I will have to wait a while longer until DCS 2 is updated to remove the bug where any AI Mig-21 crashes the FPS from 45 (AWS) to about 8-11 whilst flying in VR.

Just had a go at this. Fantastic!!!

Just a couple of questions, the radio for Groom is given as Channel 1, but I am unable to contact ATC.

Also, does anyone know how to get the map to display on the kneeboard?

Thirdly, (and unfortunately, most importantly) I will have to wait a while longer until DCS 2 is updated to remove the bug where any AI Mig-21 crashes the FPS from 45 (AWS) to about 8-11 whilst flying in VR.

There is a mistake, Channel 1 is Channel 0 in the plane, Channel 2 is 1 etc.

For your kneeboard try this:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3007485&postcount=3

Skip the step 3 if you want to keep the default Kneeboard.

For your 3rd problem, i dont know.

Good hunting :smilewink:

Hi,

after completing the first mission I'm asked to accept the results and a new mission is generated. The capaign status changes to 'active'. Everything seems to be ok so far. But it never opens the new mission, instead it shows the briefing for the first mission again (ferry flight). I already tried to fly it a second time, then I win the capaign and it's over.

I'm almost sure the problem is on my end, but I still couldn't figure out what the reason is.

Anyway a big Thank You to MBot for doing all this work.:thumbup: I already liked the 'Guardians of the Caucasus' missions, so I'm really excited to get this working.

Chris

This sounds more like a campaign progression problem within the DCS GUI. It uses campaign stages, whose progress is controlled by the mission score. Multiple users have reported early campaign victories (which is causes by a mission score that mandates an increase in campaign phase, while no further phases exist). This strongly points towards a problem with in-mission score assignment, which is an extremely simple trigger.

Can you try again and note the mission score (or rating?) at the debriefing screen after each mission (the DCS screen with the events log, not my custom debriefing). If I remember correctly, the score after the first mission should be 51, to cause a phase shift from the "first" to the "ongoing" mission file, while subsequent missions should always end with a score of 50 (to remain in the ongoing phase). A faulty mission score could cause repetition of the first mission or unwanted advancement to victory.

Not to make a hasty judgement, but I suspect we are dealing with a DCS bug here.

This is indeed cause by the MiG's radio starting with channel 0, therefore everything needs to be shifted. Since the campaign is powered by an engine that is supposed to support many different aircraft, I will not changed this.

I too have this problem and with VR the FPS drop to a level where startup and "breakout" from other parked aircraft (which cause the performance drop) is impossible. Let's hope that this is fixed soon.

This sounds more like a campaign progression problem within the DCS GUI. It uses campaign stages, whose progress is controlled by the mission score. Multiple users have reported early campaign victories (which is causes by a mission score that mandates an increase in campaign phase, while no further phases exist). This strongly points towards a problem with in-mission score assignment, which is an extremely simple trigger.

Can you try again and note the mission score (or rating?) at the debriefing screen after each mission (the DCS screen with the events log, not my custom debriefing). If I remember correctly, the score after the first mission should be 51, to cause a phase shift from the "first" to the "ongoing" mission file, while subsequent missions should always end with a score of 50 (to remain in the ongoing phase). A faulty mission score could cause repetition of the first mission or unwanted advancement to victory.

Not to make a hasty judgement, but I suspect we are dealing with a DCS bug here.

Thanks for your reply. I just finished the initial mission again, and now the next generated mission was correctly shown in the briefing. The score in the DCS summary was 51. I did exactly the same several times last week, so this is strange. The only thing I changed in the meantime was the variable "fullpath" in the file "MiG_21_CAMPAIGN_EN.cmp" so that it points to a valid path on my system. Don't know if this has any effect...

Chris

Edited by Chris75