Through The Inferno - A randomized and endless task-based mission for DCS 1.5

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry about that, I have some RUS planes as USA planes so that there are many options for BLUE.

AWACS will always be telling you imperial regardless of your plane. I guess this is something I can work on for future updates and/or when I port this mission over to another area/region/map.

The E-3/E-2 will always report in Imperial, the A-50 will always report in metric...

Since we can't silence specific aircraft for specific groups and FC3 planes always hear everything, you are unfortunately left with the option of either making some conversions for the Eastern birds or dealing with two AWACS spamming you (which can crap up the channel and delay important transmissions.)

A little elaborate but might work...

Switched conditions, AI task push for AWACS tasking with a stop condition for a flag.

Switched condition, user in US airframe, dead flag off, AI task push E3-AWACS...

Switched conditions, all US airframes dead , dead flag on. This should automatically terminate the AWACS tasking and your E3 should just orbit.

Ditto for the A50.

Alright everyone, I appreciate the feedback here.

I've implemented something that is a little more intuitive for the player:

At the beginning of the mission you can choose to spawn an A-50 or E-3A

It will be around for as long as it is flying, alive and well.

If at any moment you switch to a different aircraft with different units of measurements, you have an option to SWITCH the AWACS to the other one.

It will despawn the old AWACS and replace it with the new one.

You can keep switching AWACS aircraft as much as you'd like.

If an AWACS goes down, you can choose to respawn a new one, you'll have the choice of the E-3A or A-50 again.

"Through The Inferno"

Endless, Dynamic, Open-World Experience for DCS World

Looks awesome. I will check it out later on today. On the main page I see the supported aircraft listed. Any chance to add additional planes L39ZA or F86 Sabre? Thanks!

I'm thinking that the Sabre/Mig15 won't be able to keep up with the mission, but for now, I'll add the L39ZA in the next update which should be 1.25

"Through The Inferno"

At the beginning of the mission the radio to call the awacs is inverted, if you choose the A-50, the E-3A appears, but the next ones are ok.

The AWACS and JTAC frequencies do not match the frequencies passed by the radio. Ex. Freq. 161 on the radio but the jtac is 61.

I was with the M-2000C lead and when a friend of mine disconnected, I was ejected from the aircraft. The aircraft had switched to AI

At the beginning of the mission the radio to call the awacs is inverted, if you choose the A-50, the E-3A appears, but the next ones are ok.

The AWACS and JTAC frequencies do not match the frequencies passed by the radio. Ex. Freq. 161 on the radio but the jtac is 61.

I was with the M-2000C lead and when a friend of mine disconnected, I was ejected from the aircraft. The aircraft had switched to AI

Alrighty I swapped the initial AWACS planes, so now they're correct.

I also found the JTAC you were talking about... All the other JTACs are fine, but looks like you guys found the secret mission :p

Anyways, I fixed that so it's correct now 161 Mhz AM.

Lastly, about that multiplayer thing... MP does some really weird stuff. I might have to look into that further... Let me know if it's consistently doing that if you get a chance :)

New version 1.26 available now.

Thanks for the feedback

"Through The Inferno"

Many people have this bug, but not all, and not related to this mission.

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

Alrighty I swapped the initial AWACS planes, so now they're correct.

I also found the JTAC you were talking about... All the other JTACs are fine, but looks like you guys found the secret mission :p

Anyways, I fixed that so it's correct now 161 Mhz AM.

Lastly, about that multiplayer thing... MP does some really weird stuff. I might have to look into that further... Let me know if it's consistently doing that if you get a chance smile.gif

New version 1.26 available now.

Thanks for the feedback

Thank you, I'll test when I'm home. :thumbup:

:lol:

Looks good.

Do you plan to add the A10A to the Mission?

Yep added in new version 1.27. Enjoy!

"Through The Inferno"

Deadlyfishes, thank you for this mission it is great training tool enjoy it very much :)

Is it possible the difficulty to be adjusted. Currently with su27/mig29 if you select A2A easy you have too easy targets and if you select A2A you got 3 su27 which is a bit too hardcore :) 1v3..

And how can I have AI wingman?

Thank you for your efforts

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deadlyfishes, thank you for this mission it is great training tool enjoy it very much :)

Is it possible the difficulty to be adjusted. Currently with su27/mig29 if you select A2A easy you have too easy targets and if you select A2A you got 3 su27 which is a bit too hardcore :) 1v3..

And how can I have AI wingman?

Thank you for your efforts

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I hate it when the mission randomly gives me the x3 Su-30 or x3 Su-27... haha...

I've made those x2 instead. As for the A2A easy, those are the way they are for older planes, F-5E or MiG-21bis. I'm pretty set on how those are for now. I'm planning to look into adding more missions for those, right now I think there are only 7 of each A2A missions.

I've also added a zip, which has a version with AI wingmen now if you want.

Another thing you could do is earn yourself the A2A backup call by doing the supply or recon missions (I forgot which one gives you what).

Either of those give you a A2G or A2A backup call, that spawns an AI group to help you out.

Enjoy! v1.28 is out now.

"Through The Inferno"

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but when I select the L-39ZA, it won't give me any missions?

Also, is it possible to include CAS missions for the L-39ZA?

From the list of aircraft you only have a CAP option.

Thanks and keep up the great work Deadlyfishes!

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but when I select the L-39ZA, it won't give me any missions?

Also, is it possible to include CAS missions for the L-39ZA?

From the list of aircraft you only have a CAP option.

Thanks and keep up the great work Deadlyfishes!

L-39ZA switched to CAS.

L-39ZA and A-10A were not triggering mission start events, now fixed.

New update version is 1.29, enjoy!

"Through The Inferno"

BIG UPDATE EVERYONE: NTTR Version is now out: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2954849#post2954849

"Through The Inferno"

Great work on the mission! I'm having one problem though. When starting a cargo haul mission in a UH-1H, cargo loading fails because the aircraft is supposedly moving.

The issue was fixed in the latest update 1.07 or higher.

Thanks!

"Through The Inferno"

Can you please add mig-29A it has new external model and looks much better than the S version :)

Thank you.

I just switched the S to the A version. I wasn't sure which one got the upgrade. For now this is the easiest to do. v1.33 is the newest version. Enjoy :)

"Through The Inferno"