Through The Inferno - A randomized and endless task-based mission for DCS 1.5

This mission is out-dated and is no longer being supported. Please go here for the latest version of Through The Inferno for the Caucasus Map:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3329275

Mission update changelog (Old Version (Northern Region) v1.5:

UPDATE 10/20/2016:

- Added Helos to the mission

- Changed the A-10C hot start to Su-25's (FC3 Variant)

UPDATE 10/21/2016 A:

- Fixed a few typos and errors where some tasks were not removed from the F10 Other menu

- Made it possible so that all tasks/missions work with any and all modules that are available to play

- Added a few more places to possibly deliver supplies for a supply run mission

- Supply run has new SFX and actually adds cargo weight

UPDATE 10/21/2016 B:

- Added F-5E module

- Added MiG-21bis module

- Added Air to Air (Easy) mission for an easier experience, or more level playing field for pre-1970's jets

- Ambient Friendly AI Air Traffic Script changed to spawn only NATO planes.

- More interesting supply run mission

- Ace Combat 5 UI sounds for extreme nostalgia

UPDATE 10/29/2016:

- Added an option to take on a secondary task while another task is in progress.

- Added options to continue with the same task without having to RTB.

- Removed random air to air spawn during ground attack missions.

UPDATE 10/30/2016:

- Added simple JTAC to multi-role and air to ground missions.

- Added +3 of each plane type for multiplayer.

UPDATE 10/31/2016:

- Cleaned up and improved JTAC tasking for more realism.

- Improved mission help guide and text to help players better understand the mission conditions.

UPDATE 11/01/2016 A:

- Cleaned up secondary tasking.

- Cleaned up an error where requesting an easy A2A mission resulted in a hard/normal A2A mission.

- A2G mission will now have a random chance of a popup group (nothing too difficult for an attack plane to take care of) spawning during the mission.

UPDATE 11/01/2016 B:

- Changed some units on A2G and Multi-Role Missions

- Changed JTAC frequencies to be 1xx (some frequencies were too low for M-2000C to contact) So if previous frequency was 37, it is now 137.

- Changed JTAC frequencies from FM to AM

- Removed my personal snap views from miz file.

UPDATE 11/02/2016 A:

- Added custom kneeboard to the mission that contain the mission help guide and important/relevant radio frequencies to the mission.

UPDATE 11/03/2016 A:

- Fixed and optimized the random enemy runway attack/scramble all jets event to work properly

- Added custom skins to the mission (optional). Skin download is included below.

UPDATE 11/04/2016 A:

- Added new audio clips for when enemy pilots eject

- Added new audio clips for when ground targets are destroyed

UPDATE 11/07/2016 A:

- Adjusted JTAC tasking

- Made A2G missions a little more interesting with varied unit types and weapons employment asked by JTAC

UPDATE 11/08/2016 A:

- Adjusted JTAC tasking

- Added one more A2G mission

- Less of a chance of A2A enemy planes spawning during an A2G mission

- Updated custom kneeboards.

UPDATE 11/10/2016 A:

-Fixed a bug where AWACS was leaving the AO and triggering a death message

-Fixed a bug where some A2A missions will not complete

UPDATE 11/10/2016 B:

-Added the choice of E-3A or A-50 AWACS aircraft and the option to switch mid-mission

UPDATE 11/10/2016 C:

-Added the L-39ZA module

-Fixed the E-3A spawning when A-50 was chosen and vice versa

UPDATE 11/11/2016 A:

-Added the A-10A

-Added new scripting for kill messages

-Added new kill message voice clips

UPDATE 11/13/2016 A:

- Adjusted a few air groups that spawn for A2A missions for difficulty balance

- Added a .zip file instead which contains a version with AI wingmen for LEAD planes and a regular version without AI wingmen for lead planes.

UPDATE 11/13/2016 B:

- Fixed an issue where L-39 and A-10A were not triggering mission start events.

UPDATE 11/19/2016 A:

- Fixed an issue where the UH-1H was not triggering supply run events properly

UPDATE 11/20/2016 A:

- Adjusted JTAC frequencies so that the M-2000C, and other aircraft can manually tune in to the frequencies.

- New kneeboard and text within the mission adjusted to reflect the new frequency changes.

- Adjusted AI wingmen (SP version) to not spawn on top of other aircraft at mission start.

UPDATE 12/19/2016 A:

- Removed AI ambient air traffic. Issues with game update, JTAC getting drowned out. Will add new script as updates/fixes for it come along.

- Fixed UH-1H scripting for supply run missions.

UPDATE 2/10/2017 A:

- Added AJS-37 Viggen Module

- Added Anti-Ship Strike Missions

UPDATE 2/14/2017 A:

- Changed Russian Aircraft to Ukraine for comms in Russian for METRIC units of measurement.

UPDATE 2/24/2017 A:

- Fixed erroneous anti-ship mission scripts.

- Changed time and weather.

UPDATE 2/24/2017 B:

- Added a cleanup script that removes enemy AI planes once they RTB and have fully retreated from combat.

UPDATE 2/25/2017 A:

- Re-added MiG-29S

- Added Hawk, C-101, F-86F, MiG-15bis modules

- Added friendly ground units to be controlled by players (Combined Arms required) during multi-role and air-to-ground missions

- 'Beefed up' enemy unit groups for more intense gameplay (better for multiplayer and coop)

- Due to lack of parking, moved some friendly units to Krasnodar-Pash. Airbase.

UPDATE 2/26/2017 A:

- Multi-tasking information fix; You can now view tasking info for ALL current tasks in the [F10 - Other] menu.

UPDATE 2/27/2017 A:

- Combined Armed units need to be activated first to be used

UPDATE 2/28/2017 A:

- New task added "All fronts offensive" -- This will generate one of each mission type at once. Best used in Multiplayer or for very long co-op play.

UPDATE 2/28/2017 B:

- Tasking information system re-worked. Will now correctly show info of ALL CURRENT tasks correctly.

- Message typos fixed

- Scramble alert is now randomized; The scramble alert enemy unit groups will be randomized.

- A-10C LEAD and non-LEAD group now has 4 slots.

UPDATE 3/16/2017 A:

- UH-18 and Mi-8 groups can now load troops, and then unload troops at the combat area for Air to Ground missions to support the ground offensive.

- Added tankers.

UPDATE 3/17/2017 A:

- Debug option added. This removes all tasking and enemy units. Only the TF-51D group can do this.

UPDATE 3/19/2017 A:

-Air to Air now results in a second menu to choose NORMAL or EASY

-Removed tasking from other airports. Only Krasn. Center gets tasking.

-Debug plane now has an option to RESET TANKERS

-Debug plane options optimized

-JTAC frequencies are now consistent between all missions. (One for A2G and one Multi)

-Kneeboard and text help now reflect JTAC frequencies correctly

-Added Debug instructions kneeboard

-Changed AI aircraft difficulty

-Annapa Airbase is BLUEFOR for refuel and rearm

UPDATE 3/20/2017 A:

-Some A2G and MR did not have JTAC spawn. JTAC spawns for all A2G and MR missions now.

-Adding HARD to A2A missions.

-Adjusted difficulty of NORMAL A2A Missions.

-Adding ‘secret’ INSANE A2A Mission (Land Su-27 at Guadata)

-Secondary tasking available at all times.

-Special Huey missions added

UPDATE 3/21/2017 A:

- Cleaned up tasking, balance difficulty

- added EWRS script (a more intuitive AWACS)

- Fixed an issue where planes were not showing up on the F10 Map

UPDATE 9/22/2017 A:

- Fixed an issue with despawning player vehicles when loading in

- Fixed an issue with enemies despawning when landing

Edited by deadlyfishes
  • Like 2

"Through The Inferno"

Endless, Dynamic, Open-World Experience for DCS World

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Impressive! I find it hilarious that both you and I are doing a "random" style mission, and we both base our missions out of the Krasnodar area (my mission is called Krasnodar Variable Ground Attack) Mine however is only ground attack, so it's awesome that you were able to also do Air-to-Air, and even the resupply stuff.

I tried one of the Air-to-Air missions earlier, and figured that I should have my aircraft holding short of the runway before activating it. Because I activated the mission before engine start, and took a while to get to the runway, I was being radar locked 2 seconds after departure.

Also tried a Multi-role with the SU-27, and an Air-to-Ground with the KA-50. It worked very well. Cool stuff.

Keep up the great work! And thanks for sharing it with the community.

- Apache600

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Museum Relic Campaign: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=164322

Community Missions (SP & MP) --> https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=205546

Impressive! I find it hilarious that both you and I are doing a "random" style mission, and we both base our missions out of the Krasnodar area (my mission is called Krasnodar Variable Ground Attack) Mine however is only ground attack, so it's awesome that you were able to also do Air-to-Air, and even the resupply stuff.

I tried one of the Air-to-Air missions earlier, and figured that I should have my aircraft holding short of the runway before activating it. Because I activated the mission before engine start, and took a while to get to the runway, I was being radar locked 2 seconds after departure.

Also tried a Multi-role with the SU-27, and an Air-to-Ground with the KA-50. It worked very well. Cool stuff.

Keep up the great work! And thanks for sharing it with the community.

- Apache600

Thanks for the feedback! That's pretty funny haha, but I think these airports have a nice distance between other airbases. Not too far, not too close.

I did say that it's best to ready up first before choosing a task :P

Also, I probably should spread out the A2A groups to start a bit further anyways, they pop up close enough to RWR to pickup from Krasn-Center.

Glad you were able to enjoy it with the helo, since I kind of just added those on a whim, I'll be working on this for a while. I seriously freaking hope that this mission can carry over to 2.5....

"Through The Inferno"

It was a rather long flight for the helo, but not as bad as I thought it might have been. The first flight with the SU-27 had me go from Krasnodar out to Novorossiysk, and I was worried I'd get a similarly long leg with the KA-50.

Where in CA you at?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Museum Relic Campaign: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=164322

Community Missions (SP & MP) --> https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=205546

It was a rather long flight for the helo, but not as bad as I thought it might have been. The first flight with the SU-27 had me go from Krasnodar out to Novorossiysk, and I was worried I'd get a similarly long leg with the KA-50.

Where in CA you at?

Yeah, I think maybe today or tomorrow, I'll try making tasks specifically for helos.

Also, as someone who never usually flies helos, or the KA50 at least, are jets a common adversary in multi-role helos? Just wondering since maybe I can reuse some spawn points for helo specific missions.

Ever since last night, there were many changes and more should be coming before the weekend.

I'm in San Jose, close to Cupertino :)

"Through The Inferno"

@Fishes I'd only consider putting in hostile jet aircraft for the SA-342 Mistral; the KA-50 will have a tough time against fighters.

While the BlackShark has some very limited air-to-air capability it's definitely better left to the folks who actually have heat seekers. :)

This sounds like an awesome op, thanks for putting it together!

i might suggest you adopt some sort of version naming convention i.e. v 1.X.X just so folks know which one they are using.

also - i downloaded the dropbox version and noted that i couldnt see the f5e of mig 21... is the version on db up to date?

i will say i enjoyed the miz i flew... took a su27 on ground attack from kras to gelendzhik to hit a few ground target... just the right amount... i killed 2 l39 handily on my way and almost killed the ground targets in my first sweep.

I enjoyed it. good concept - keep working on it mate.

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

Looking forward to checking it out this week, thanks!

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

Great works !

Looking forward to checking it out this week, thanks!

i might suggest you adopt some sort of version naming convention i.e. v 1.X.X just so folks know which one they are using.

also - i downloaded the dropbox version and noted that i couldnt see the f5e of mig 21... is the version on db up to date?

i will say i enjoyed the miz i flew... took a su27 on ground attack from kras to gelendzhik to hit a few ground target... just the right amount... i killed 2 l39 handily on my way and almost killed the ground targets in my first sweep.

I enjoyed it. good concept - keep working on it mate.

Hey guys, I just realized when I changed the link, it only changed the TEXT of the link and not the actual web address. Should be fixed now and should go to the latest file that has all the changes.

Hope it works! Let me know if not. And to anyone else, the link should get the latest version :D

"Through The Inferno"

Really interesting concept :thumbup: Does the A10c supported ?

Oh yes, sorry I didn't realize I didn't mention that!

It's one of the most important modules to this mission haha. It's in the mission, but I edited the description here :)

No JTAC or anything yet, going to be working on that in the near future.

"Through The Inferno"

Sounds awesome! Searched for exact this mission concept for the shark!

Will trie asap, Thank you very much :thumbup:

I'd love your feedback on how the helo missions workout for this,

I didn't make this mission with helos in mind since I'm not really flying them as much, but I added them per the request of many.

The missions are kind of dumbed-down a bit because I still want to keep working on adding more and/or making the current ones more interesting.

Making everything work to be randomized/dynamic and endless took up the bulk of my time and effort on this. The system works great, but now I need to just improve on the missions/tasks to make them more enjoyable and hopefully add more for better replay value.

"Through The Inferno"

Just tried my first mission in A10C. Really nice but two comments :

- just too easy with the enemy being visible on the F10 map. Add maybe some coord to find the enemy.

- and for god sake turn off easy communication !!

Keep on the good work.

Edited by Zarma

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

Just tried my first mission in A10C. Really nice but two comments :

- just too easy with the enemy being visible on the F10 map. Add maybe some coord to find the enemy.

- and for god sake turn off easy communication !!

Keep on the good work.

Alright, so all the options are all optional, so you'll have to turn all those things off in your settings. I just updated the file in the post.

I'll see about adding cords, but I'm really thinking about implementing JTAC and figuring out how to do that since for now it seems pretty hard for the A-10 to find targets without labels or the F10 Map with enemy units on it.

"Through The Inferno"

Alright, so all the options are all optional, so you'll have to turn all those things off in your settings. I just updated the file in the post.

I'll see about adding cords, but I'm really thinking about implementing JTAC and figuring out how to do that since for now it seems pretty hard for the A-10 to find targets without labels or the F10 Map with enemy units on it.

Was also wondering if you fly the mission with 2 or more A10C, you will have plenty of weapons left after the first mission (agreed hadn't time to test the other tasks) wouldn't it be easier to ask another mission while in flight ?

A JTAC would be great. Tried on my modified CASCAP mission but not working for the moment.

Edit : maybe add a way to cancel a mission if you choose the wrong type of mission for your bird. For exemple I took a deliver mission in a A10C. 2 Su33 spawned : one got shot by SAM's, the other went on the AWACS. No chance for me to run after a SU33 in a Warthog lol. Hard to ear "good kill" when a friendly is shot down.

Edit 2 : ok just went back after delivering the package. When landing I was told to go to park area to get another mission. Once there, no possibility. Had to go hunt the SU33 with another plane to finish the mission. So there a was a bug with the message script when I landed with the A10C.

Edited by Zarma

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

Was also wondering if you fly the mission with 2 or more A10C, you will have plenty of weapons left after the first mission (agreed hadn't time to test the other tasks) wouldn't it be easier to ask another mission while in flight ?

A JTAC would be great. Tried on my modified CASCAP mission but not working for the moment.

Edit : maybe add a way to cancel a mission if you choose the wrong type of mission for your bird. For exemple I took a deliver mission in a A10C. 2 Su33 spawned : one got shot by SAM's, the other went on the AWACS. No chance for me to run after a SU33 in a Warthog lol. Hard to ear "good kill" when a friendly is shot down.

Edit 2 : ok just went back after delivering the package. When landing I was told to go to park area to get another mission. Once there, no possibility. Had to go hunt the SU33 with another plane to finish the mission. So there a was a bug with the message script when I landed with the A10C.

- Hard to figure out what to do about those kill messages for friendlies, probably lua script, but for now it's not priority.

- I removed the randomized event that an air to air enemy may spawn for a ground attack since some of the ground attack missions already have air units to go with them

- I added an option to continue with a new task if you want without RTB

- I added an option to take on more tasks at once if you'd like

- JTAC is my next goal unless there are any other issues that come up.

Let me know what you think if you get a chance to try out the latest file.

"Through The Inferno"

Spent most of the day learning about JTAC.

I added a simple JTAC unit for this mission, tested and works fine.

Let me know if it gets buggy since I try to despawn the JTAC to make sure newly generated JTACs work after the first multi-role or air to ground mission.

"Through The Inferno"

OK just came back from my first flight in A10C :

- ask 2 A2G missions in the same fly with no problem

- got each time a working JTAC

- would never have guessed there was helos on the target area without the F10 map. The AWACS didn't spot them

- do you plane to add more than 1 wingman per plane type ?

- 2nd plane I took a SU33 and asked an easy A2A. Got 2 Mig23 no troubles but when asked another mission while still flying, got 3 SU27 !! So not so easy. Managed to kill 2 before being shot down. Wanted to change to the SU27 for a scramble but DCS crashed....

- great mission so far

Downloaded and testing now. Strange easy comms still pop up...

I've been updating the file and in my mission editor, easy comms is not enforced but enabled on my own game options.

However, I did turn off easy comms in my options and it appears to not have easy comms anymore in the mission.

Download the file again. I put a "last updated" date on the beginning of the mission description before you hit "fly" it should read 10/30/2016, but I guess you're using my latest versions with JTAC

OK just came back from my first flight in A10C :

1 - ask 2 A2G missions in the same fly with no problem

2 - got each time a working JTAC

3 - would never have guessed there was helos on the target area without the F10 map. The AWACS didn't spot them

4 - do you plane to add more than 1 wingman per plane type ?

5 - 2nd plane I took a SU33 and asked an easy A2A. Got 2 Mig23 no troubles but when asked another mission while still flying, got 3 SU27 !! So not so easy. Managed to kill 2 before being shot down. Wanted to change to the SU27 for a scramble but DCS crashed....

6 - great mission so far

1,2 - Good to hear the JTAC is working well, I literally spent all of today learning all about it so I could implement something that at the very least works. I'll be improving on the JTAC as I progress in my studies on it.

3 - Well, I did put in the message that "there are enemy helos in the area" however, I wasn't aware about AWACS not saying anything because I'm so used to these missions that I already know where they are anyways... Maybe I can look into this to make either messages pop up or figure out how to get AWACS to see them...

4 - do you plane to add more than 1 wingman per plane type ? -- Yeah, this is pretty easy to do, and I already went ahead and added 3 more wingmen for each plane type :) Again, only LEAD can activate mission triggers and whatnot.

5 - Not sure of what the scramble is, but I can look into repeating the easy mission again, it seems that it's calling the normal A2A when you're coming off an easy A2A... I'll try to replicate this, but I checked the triggers and code, doesn't look like spawning the x3 Su-27 group is possible after the A2A Easy mission. You might've asked for a regular A2A...

As per the crash, I'm not so sure how that could've happened, code and script looks intact for that as well.

6 - Thanks for spending some time playing it, I'm still spending a lot of time improving and making it more enjoyable. My goal is to make it a go-to mission if you just want to play casually without any particular goal, plane or weapon employment.

"Through The Inferno"

No problem it's always a pleasure to test new missions.

Like suggest by another forum member, you should maybe add a version number to the file name.

No problem it's always a pleasure to test new missions.

Like suggest by another forum member, you should maybe add a version number to the file name.

Good idea. Done. Current version as of this post is v1.12, the version number is in the file.

This new update has some better JTAC that will lase some targets now for some missions.

"Through The Inferno"