[UH-1H] Forestry Operations

I'm unable to get any radio menu what so ever, I turned off "easy communication" in the option menu and I use the "Pilot's radio trigger RADIO" (default key is R.Alt + \) without any success whatever I do, I always get the same message "AUTO Londres. heliport de départ. Décollage" 'Sorry it's in French.

e2eedd_0ddd2891e71e4ddfa75472c97870c82a~mv2.png

Are you using the radio selection rotary and turning on the radios, tuning correct freqs etc?

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi FireHuey.

I had the same issue with the communication menu.

The workarround for me is to start DCS then open a mission where the comm. menu works and change then to this Mission.

For me it works well.

PS: Sorry for my bad english

Thank you I'll try that, don't worry about your English is fine.

Are you using the radio selection rotary and turning on the radios, tuning correct freqs etc?

It shouldn't necessary, I can get it working even with all radios turned off and with the rotary set on any channel.

The only time I ran into issues with the radio is when the cargo mod wasn't properly installed.

Just in case, this is a slightly updated version with a prettier FARP, might be worth giving it a try.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2hl7Fl5UcK5eVFDWlRaTFhBWWM

attachment.php?attachmentid=141987&stc=1&d=1465233617

Screen_160606_191342.thumb.jpg.8ad3603ab041a8485e2948e6a48578f2.jpg

Well, all this started with a mission where you deliver cargo from Batumi to an oil rig. I quickly added a few logs and a drop zone, but the real challenge is the oil rig. I don't have much time right now so it's very crude, you'll have to use the F10 map for the pickup zones location. And again, this should be considered as a "slingloading Instant Action".

Mission file is attached to this post.

Mods required:

Complete Upuaut's Mod

This link seems to be broken, and I wasn't able to find this mod elsewhere (at least by this name)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Need help...can't find any cargo location...And how to get cargo cam working?

hreich ... did you ever figure out how to get the Cargo Cam and/or the Cargo Manager to work ? Those are two different but equally useful Cargo Tools.

I don't have DCS open right now to remember the exact key commands they are but if you are still looking, I'll make a point of listing them here OR you can PM me to get them.

SnowTiger:joystick:

is it normal that i can't see the cargo in the mission editor? I have Problems with the Radio, too ;/

Not at my PC right now, so can't say for certain. I assume the individual cargos in this mission have been set to "Invisible on map". IIRC this mission includes a pretty detailed briefing image to show you the different locations. If you know roughly where to look, you should be able to spot the smoke marker soon after activating a cargo.

Are the radio problems related to this mission, or of a more general nature? I haven't flown the Huey in a while, not sure if there are known bugs.

is it normal that i can't see the cargo in the mission editor? I have Problems with the Radio, too ;/

No, you should be able to see them. That being said, there shouldn't be any cargo in the area covered on the picture you've posted.

Have you downloaded the last version of Upuaut's Cargo mod ?

For the radio, see here

This mission still works as intended so I'm not going to update it but I have several more in the pipes, I'm doing as quick as I can.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi billy,

I've got a few more missions for the NTTR but the recent update to the map make them less enjoyable so I'm waiting how the map will evolve to release them.

Working on a coast guard mission for the caucasus map in the meantime

Don't forget to post your mission on the forums too, would love to try it!

Eight Ball, will you be requiring mods for all your missions? I would love to give them a try but have abandoned using mods, between work, my personal life, and trying to stay on top of changes happening to the game, even though they are easy to implement (especially using JSGME) it just became more of a pain than an enjoyment to keep having to re-apply them after updates, re-installs, etc. No worries if you will, just curious. Thanks, and thanks for sharing your missions!

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

I'll try to keep that in consideration, Justificus.

For some missions it shouldn't be a problem, you should be able to play them without mods, you'll probably just have a warning message telling you XYZ is missing.

Unfortunately, other mission will be unplayable without them.

Yes I will once they are done!!

I just started playing with lua files and I am trying to do something( which os probably impossible). So I thought you might be able to help me.

So every time I use a sling I am with the 100 foot one. I am wondering if theyre is a way to always have it hooked to the helicopter even with no loads on. So for example in your forestry mission, only cable going up and load on going down., Just like we do in the real thing!!

that's what I thought too :( I have so many ideas for our civilin part of DCS which well never see happen since they're overloaded with the rest!

The thing I would like to see the most is a workable bambi bucket that can put out water.. Starting to look into modifying scripts and all but seriously doubt I will sucess!!

What we would need is dedicated civilian guys like swisscreation for X-plane!!

I will try to pick theyre curiosity about it!

here's there facebook if you don't know them: https://www.facebook.com/swisscreationsheli/?fref=ts