table.insert(options.graphics.VFSTexturePaths,

appears twice in your autoexec.cfg, try removing it

that's yours :

--options.graphics.maxfps = 60

options.graphics.ScreenshotQuality = 100

--options.graphics.render3D = false

-- add custom texture path

-- note the slashes!

table.insert(options.graphics.VFSTexturePaths, table.insert(options.graphics.VFSTexturePaths, "D:/Eagle Dynamics/DCS World 2 OpenAlpha/Bazar/World/textures/staddons")

that's mine:

--options.graphics.maxfps = 60

options.graphics.ScreenshotQuality = 100

--options.graphics.render3D = false

-- add custom texture path

-- note the slashes!

table.insert(options.graphics.VFSTexturePaths, "C:/Eagle Dynamics/DCS World 2 OpenAlpha/Bazar/World/textures/staddons")

Edited by Eight Ball

Thanks for this mission. I have a slight issue with it so far. I've only loaded i up to see if it loads OK, haven't flown anywhere yet, but I have no waypoints marked on the kneeboard map. Just a waypoint which says something like "new static object".

Is that how it's supposed to be?

Yes (no?), there isn't any waypoint. This is a very crude and simple mission meant to train your sling loading abilities and nothing more, that's why all the choppers are set to hot start.

There's a map showing the different pickup zones in the briefing, you can also use the F-10 map.

That being said, if you have any suggestion, critics or feedback, I'm all ears :)

Hi all.

I am trying as well to fly the mission, but I can't see any of the logs in the mountains. Searched for 15 minutes without success.

I have installed the objects using JSGME and the Staddons directory appeared in the correct folder in DCS...

Any help?

Have you checked the F-10 map view ? No cargo at all ? No option for cargo pickup in the com. menu ?

Are you sure you're using the latest version of the cargo mod (the one from the link provided here)?

Have you udpated your path in JSGME so they point to your Open Alpha install ?

played this mission today. very fun to play.

also evergreen livery is awesome. i think you found the most green part of the entire map man. very good scenery.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

nice mission very challenging.because tree are closed and it seems you need to fly low to attach the load. ( maybe we can adjust with a longer string in ME )

evergreen UH1 texture was missing in first lauch game unfact it was installed. I edited the 4 huey to correct this in ME.

An idea : the picture of zone in briefing should have been added in a mission specific kneeboard folder to be more convenient.

Love those type of civilian helo mission, thanks a lot.

:thumbup::D

i7-10700KF CPU  3.80GHz - 32 GO Ram - - nVidia RTX 2070 -  SSD Samsung EVO with LG  TV screen 40"  in 3840x2150 -  cockpit scale 1:1

- MS FFB2 Joystick  - COUGAR F16 throttle  - Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

Thanks 'Eight Ball', much appreciated for this mission!

Am flying only Huey in DCS, and with that only civilian missions.

This fits the bill perfectly... thank you very much.

Look forward to your 'GreenWar campaign'.

Thanks again, well done.

PS: Hope relative came through operation OK.

ASUS Sabertooth X79 TUF Motherboard / Intel Core i7-3930K Unlocked Processor Six Core / Corsair CMP32GX3M4X1600C10 Dominator Memory Kit - 32GB (4x 8GB) / OCZ Solid 3 480GB Solid State Drive / EVGA GeForce GTX 670 FTW+ / Corsair CW-9060002-WW Hydro H70 CORE CPU Cooler / Seagate ST1000DM003 1TB Hard Drive / BenQ XL2420TX 24" Widescreen LED Gaming Monitor - 1920 x 1080 / Windows 7 Ultimate Edition, 64-bit / C-Tek 12-bit: Foot Pedals - Robinson Cyclic - 5-button-hat cyclic - Collective / TrackIR-5

Great idea! Forestry is a big industry around here, so this is pretty neat for me.

I just had to add an Mi-8 with a 100ft long line and some 6000lb loads :thumbup: Too bad we don't have a CH-47.

JcaK11k.jpg?1

dq8T9Rw.jpg?1

• Like 1

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

Just flew the mission and delivered all the cargoes from sites A and B without crashing. Man, what a challenge, great mission even in this very basic state. Some VOs for a good delivery would certainly add to the immersion, but great fun already. :thumbup:

Edit: added a few screenshots.

Screen_160518_01.jpg

Screen_160518_02.jpg

Screen_160518_03.jpg

Screen_160518_04.jpg

Guess it's true what they say: Mountain flying is dangerous business.

(Blade tips must have hit a tree, and off the blades went)

Screen_160518_05.jpg

Edited by Yurgon

Eight Ball; great mission, very challenging, esp. since you have the cable length set at 33ft.

For those having trouble with the radio while airborne, open mission in the editor, select mission options and make sure 'Radio Assists' is checked.

Nothing special but I really like this shot.

h14k57i.jpg?1

• Like 1

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

I am interested in Caucasus version as well

(This question was asked in the UH-1H missions thread, but is opff-topic there; maybe a mod will move it here later on).

I've flown this mission a couple of times now and modified a few things for my taste (cold start from McCarran, add comms and refueling capability to FARP).

From an optical standpoint, it would be nice to have a corresponding mission in the old Caucasus terrain.

But, guys, I can't overstate how important it is to have collidable trees. In Caucasus, you might get away with a bad approach, or an excessive rate of descent, or just losing sight of one of those trees.

In the Nevada map, each of these might result in a crash, so you have to be ultra-aware of everything. I just wouldn't want to fly this mission in an environment without collidable trees, it takes the salt out of the soup. And every crash I had actually made me a better pilot.

(Last time I flew it, I cleared sites A though D, but the FARP wasn't ready for refueling yet, so I crashed near McCarran when I ran out of fuel :music_whistling:)

But, guys, I can't overstate how important it is to have collidable trees. In Caucasus, you might get away with a bad approach, or an excessive rate of descent, or just losing sight of one of those trees.

In the Nevada map, each of these might result in a crash, so you have to be ultra-aware of everything. I just wouldn't want to fly this mission in an environment without collidable trees, it takes the salt out of the soup. And every crash I had actually made me a better pilot.

(Last time I flew it, I cleared sites A though D, but the FARP wasn't ready for refueling yet, so I crashed near McCarran when I ran out of fuel :music_whistling:)

I totally agree with you Yurgon. collidable trees are really important, I don't know exactly how to explain but non collidable tree makes me feel lazy.. "why should I be careful with the ground/tree if I can fly through them? In Nevada is way different. tree is one more thing that can kill you. Makes everything better. (except when you die)

I did not see that post, thanks for letting me know mate :thumbup:

Well, all this started with a mission where you deliver cargo from Batumi to an oil rig. I quickly added a few logs and a drop zone, but the real challenge is the oil rig. I don't have much time right now so it's very crude, you'll have to use the F10 map for the pickup zones location. And again, this should be considered as a "slingloading Instant Action".

Mission file is attached to this post.

Mods required:

Upuaut's Cargo Mod for 1.5.3

Complete Upuaut's Mod

%20UH-1%20EVERGREEN.rar?dl=0"]UH-1H Evergreen Skin

Mi-8 Helix Skin

attachment.php?attachmentid=141755&stc=1&d=1464975164

[UH-1H & Mi-8] Batumi Forestry Operations.miz

Screen_160603_185903.thumb.jpg.eccbef7dedf5a51e70e0d9e298b4f962.jpg

Edited by Eight Ball

You might experience some issue with the communication menu.

If it's the case, turn off "easy communication" in the option and make sure to land before bringing up the com. menu.

EDIT :

I'm unable to get any radio menu what so ever, I turned off "easy communication" in the option menu and I use the "Pilot's radio trigger RADIO" (default key is R.Alt + \) without any success whatever I do, I always get the same message "AUTO Londres. heliport de départ. Décollage" 'Sorry it's in French.

e2eedd_0ddd2891e71e4ddfa75472c97870c82a~mv2.png

Hi FireHuey.

I had the same issue with the communication menu.

The workarround for me is to start DCS then open a mission where the comm. menu works and change then to this Mission.

For me it works well.

PS: Sorry for my bad english

System: Intel I5-9600K | MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon | MSI RTX2080 TI | Corsair Vengeance 32 GB | 500 GB Samsung 970 EVO | Thrustmaster Warthog | Self-made UH-1 Central Pedestal, Collective and Pedals | HP Reverb