VULCAN FORGE - A Realistic 10 Mission AV-8B Campaign on NTTR

Sedlo

VULCAN FORGE - A Realistic 10 Mission AV-8B Campaign on NTTR

This is a 10 mission AV-8B campaign on the NTTR Map. It models a fictional scenario in the war against ISIS / DAESH in northern Iraq in 2017 and features a ton of custom scripts, voice overs , scenarios and mission briefings to present a very realistic combat experience! This campaign will test your skills in all aspects of AV-8B Harrier operations, from A2A and A2G and almost everything in between.

DOWNLOAD LINK: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3134805/

Unzip this file into: C:\Users\*yourname*\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Missions\Campaigns\en

Scene Northern Iraq 2017

Operation VULCAN FORGE kicked off yesterday when the US Marine Expeditionary Unit landed at Creech. VMA-231 squadron is getting its feet on the ground and a feel for the area. The plan is to push north over the next weeks and push ISIS out of Northern Iraq and Kurdistan. The Marines will be working with the Iraqi Army, Air Force and National Police to retake the land. CIA / JSOC units will link up with Pesh Merga forces in the north to wage guerrilla warfare in order to degrade ISIS capabilities. The Marine air component's mission is to support the ground forces in this undertaking.

Aiding us in this endeavour will be a small but effective component of Canada’s JTF2, who will be patrolling the AOR, setting up ambushes and connecting with friendly militia forces. We look forward to working with this elite group of Special Forces, and await eagerly the arrival of 6 F/A-18s to complement our ground attack and CAS aircraft.

Political considerations have precluding the US Air Force from basing in the forward area we will be working in. The White House does not want to inflame relations with the Russians, and have agreed not to base any cutting edge fighters or bombers up in the Northern part of the country. We will be out here alone for the foreseeable future.

The squadron is still in the process of getting set up in the AOR, and our supply and security situation is still in shambles. We have a large assortment of bombs and rockets, but the fancier munitions are still on the way over from Kuwait and the UAE. Our first missions will be lacking in PGMs and Mavericks, but we’re Marines – we will make do!

ISIS controlled Syria is R4808A and areas to the north and East. We are to stay clear of Syrian territory unless directed by command to cross. Be aware of your surroundings, and do not fly into Syrian airspace, as the Russians and Syrians may engage you if you this airspace!

Keep your head up, be flexible, be lethal and the best you can be!

CAMPAIGN BUILDING NOTES

1. I hope you enjoy flying this campaign... I literally worked countless weeks/months on it, and do appreciate feedback! (if it's negative, be nice:) ). Please don't modify the missions or campaign in any way.

2. Most Air Traffic Control and special mission radio communications in this campaign are initiated via the Radio Menu / F10 option. Be aware that this is not the standard way of communicating in the regular game.

3. While the AV-8B is still in "Early Access" mode, simple communications are all that's available. I've found that this means you have to "Activate" your wingman via the Radio Menu / F1 / F10 (check in) option at the beginning of each mission.

4. It's important to fly to your assigned waypoints as directed in order for some of the scripting to work. That is, unless you've been instructed to do something else instead! ;-)

5. All take offs and landings are to be on and from the runways, unless instructed otherwise. While the Harrier is still in early access, the nozzle rotation angles and speeds are kind of guesstimated. I use the short takeoff method for all my takeoffs in the game, which is to set the stops at 60 degrees and rotate the nozzles at 100KIAS. Works for me, it'll work for you!

13787500_vfcampaignpatch.thumb.png.d96f5d84fdea7be443eb502fa6b488b9.png

2028485413_MIS10PHOTO1.thumb.jpg.8b9b8f9087731d61ec956c6332008a05.jpg

1179264813_MISSION5SCENE2.thumb.jpg.4a786761ad25e628383584977842ca21.jpg

Edited by Sedlo
  • Like 2

Fantastic, love your missions....

i7 8086K(Delidded@5.2),ASUS ROG Maximus X Formula Z370,Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition, 32GB DDR4,860 Pro SSD x2,970 Pro M.2, 840 Evo, Asus ROG PG278Q G-Sync.. Rift S:pilotfly:https://imgur.com/a/TRIm7nL

• 2 weeks later...

Bug in 2.5

Thank you for the campaign, very enjoyable!

I went through mission 2 and encountered a glitch :

Two harriers static in the sky above CREECH in mission 2 when returning.

Quite Bizarre...

Screen_180211_153737.thumb.jpg.714061fcbf90ff35663376bb66b2232b.jpg

Details:

Asus Z-170E, Intel i5-6600K @ 4.2GHz, 16GB RAM

MSI GTX970 Gaming 4G

Win 10 Home

I can’t get this campaign to show up in 2.5. I’ve tried the folder in saved games and in the actual DCs mission directory. Am i missing something somewhere?

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

I can’t get this campaign to show up in 2.5. I’ve tried the folder in saved games and in the actual DCs mission directory. Am i missing something somewhere?

I had the same problem and placed it here....(ignore my drive)

D:\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Missions\Campaigns\en

Works a treat now...:thumbup:

i7 8086K(Delidded@5.2),ASUS ROG Maximus X Formula Z370,Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition, 32GB DDR4,860 Pro SSD x2,970 Pro M.2, 840 Evo, Asus ROG PG278Q G-Sync.. Rift S:pilotfly:https://imgur.com/a/TRIm7nL

Mission 4

Very good campaign so far. fantastic job.

Just a question about mission 4:

- once arriving at the target, i use the dmt and get connected to the targets. From there, i can use the rocket (the laser is letting me know where are the bad guys) but is there a way to use the maverick (tvmv). They connect to the laser position but i cannot change the mod not i can t lock the maverick to their targets.

- could someone help ?

thanks in advance

best,

Cobra

I've found that the TV guided Mavericks are pretty finicky. I've found you've got to me pretty close for them to successfully lock on (3 miles or so).

Very good campaign so far. fantastic job.

Just a question about mission 4:

- once arriving at the target, i use the dmt and get connected to the targets. From there, i can use the rocket (the laser is letting me know where are the bad guys) but is there a way to use the maverick (tvmv). They connect to the laser position but i cannot change the mod not i can t lock the maverick to their targets.

- could someone help ?

thanks in advance

best,

Cobra

i feel dumb so help a bro out :)

i'm on mission 1. took out baddies by the little airstrip, headed back to airport and landed on runway 26. but then nothing happens. what am i supposed to do?

i tried it again and instead of landing on the runway i broke right, but still nothing every happens.

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

Once the convoy releases you to RTB, head back to NORTH 1 and proceed to a 3 mile initial to runway 26. Once there you should be cleared the right hand break. Break overhead the runway and join the downwind right hand, should be cleared to land at that point.

It's possible that there is something haywire with the triggers since the new update, I won't be able to look at it until next weekend, however.

If the cleared initial or cleared to land messages don't appear, go ahead and land anyway, the mission should still progress you to mission two, as long as

you or your wing man have destroyed:

1. the outpost
  2. the ambush
  3. taxi off the runway onto the southern ramp area

Once the convoy releases you to RTB, head back to NORTH 1 and proceed to a 3 mile initial to runway 26. Once there you should be cleared the right hand break. Break overhead the runway and join the downwind right hand, should be cleared to land at that point.

It's possible that there is something haywire with the triggers since the new update, I won't be able to look at it until next weekend, however.

If the cleared initial or cleared to land messages don't appear, go ahead and land anyway, the mission should still progress you to mission two, as long as

you or your wing man have destroyed:

1. the outpost
  2. the ambush
  3. taxi off the runway onto the southern ramp area

got it to work on the third try finally :)

i was also confused because you never get sent to the north vegas waypoint, so kept thinking something else was supposed to happen

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

Understood! I had left those extra waypoints in because originally I was going to do something like that, but decided not to. Next version I'll tidy up the waypoints for that mission. The following missions don't really have any extra waypoints on them (or do they?).

got it to work on the third try finally :)

i was also confused because you never get sent to the north vegas waypoint, so kept thinking something else was supposed to happen

I had the same problem and placed it here....(ignore my drive)

D:\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Missions\Campaigns\en

Works a treat now...:thumbup:

Ok, got it, thanks

Actually it only appears when I go into My Campaigns, is there a way for it to show up when I click on the module name like the paid DLC campaigns?

Cheers

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |