[UH-1H] Forestry Operations

I'll try to keep that in consideration, Justificus.

For some missions it shouldn't be a problem, you should be able to play them without mods, you'll probably just have a warning message telling you XYZ is missing.

Unfortunately, other mission will be unplayable without them.

Thanks for the reply and consideration, Eight Ball, but don't feel you have to change what you prefer to do just to accommodate me! I'll be checking them out this weekend to see what's up.

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

Well, I wont be designing mission just for you :P

But whenever possible I'll try to release a mod-free version.

It won't be the case of my next mission unfortunately, it will heavily rely on mods. If you change your mind about using mods and you're having difficulties to install them, feel free to contact me.

coming soon :music_whistling:

dd76e325d9b6f9051309916a0a7bf79a.jpg

• Like 1

Well, I wont be designing mission just for you :P

LOL Fair enough. ;)

But whenever possible I'll try to release a mod-free version.

It won't be the case of my next mission unfortunately, it will heavily rely on mods. If you change your mind about using mods and you're having difficulties to install them, feel free to contact me.

coming soon :music_whistling:

dd76e325d9b6f9051309916a0a7bf79a.jpg

Thanks for the offer. I'm able to do mods just fine, it's just I've gotten lazy in my old age and aren't able to keep up with the changes as much and have tended to de-mod my games of late just to make life a little easier. May change somewhere down the line though. Again, thanks for making/sharing these mission with the community!

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

Possible Solution to Bambi Bucket scenario

The thing I would like to see the most is a workable bambi bucket that can put out water.. Starting to look into modifying scripts and all but seriously doubt I will sucess!!

First of all, I have only created a few missions .. and they all suck or just don't work anymore thanks to updates. So I am the LAST person to ask anything about Scripting or the ME in general.

However, you might be able to Simulate a Bambi Bucket situation using Flags and Zones (or better yet ... with creative scripting).

The Bucket itself would be easy enough to model. I'm sure someone will do it if you offer a couple dollars for their time.

So like any Cargo that you create in the ME, the Bucket aka Cargo can have a predetermined and pre-set Weight (or weight characteristics when in flight EG: There are missions where you pick up cargo ... but you never actually see anything hanging below the chopper).

Then (possibly) you could make a specific body of water (or portions thereof) a Zone (in ME) in which you have to be at a certain altitude and hover for "X" number of seconds at that altitude over said Zone, after which your Bucket/Cargo has "Z" amount of Additional Weight added to it.

If that sounds like it would suffice for your mission, I'll bet there are a few people in ED Forums that are smart enough to figure out how to make it work in ME with or without additional Scripting

To be honest I don't know if it's one or the other or Both can be used to create mission because I know NOTHING about scripting and only LITTLE about the ME and I haven't used it since DCS 1.2 !

Best of luck friend.

My apologies to anyone offended by me replying to a Mission Creation Question which would probably be better suited in a different Forum Thread.

SnowTiger:joystick:

• 3 weeks later...

Eight Ball,

Really enjoying your missions but recently the framerate has tanked in VR when using the forestry mission or civil operations template in 2.0! I have gone from a steady 45fps (ASW) in vanilla 2.0 to 10 fps when I load the forestry mission. I have checked my GPU and CPU load and notice in vanilla 2.0 my GPU is loaded to >80% but when I use one of your missions the load on the GPU drops to ~50%. Very strange! Any idea which asset could be causing this?

I removed all but the hospitals from the template mission and I am back up to 45fps again but the forestry mission is now unusable in VR.

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

Tried it myself, but am missing the water drop...

ASUS Sabertooth X79 TUF Motherboard / Intel Core i7-3930K Unlocked Processor Six Core / Corsair CMP32GX3M4X1600C10 Dominator Memory Kit - 32GB (4x 8GB) / OCZ Solid 3 480GB Solid State Drive / EVGA GeForce GTX 670 FTW+ / Corsair CW-9060002-WW Hydro H70 CORE CPU Cooler / Seagate ST1000DM003 1TB Hard Drive / BenQ XL2420TX 24" Widescreen LED Gaming Monitor - 1920 x 1080 / Windows 7 Ultimate Edition, 64-bit / C-Tek 12-bit: Foot Pedals - Robinson Cyclic - 5-button-hat cyclic - Collective / TrackIR-5

Eight Ball,

Really enjoying your missions but recently the framerate has tanked in VR when using the forestry mission or civil operations template in 2.0! I have gone from a steady 45fps (ASW) in vanilla 2.0 to 10 fps when I load the forestry mission. I have checked my GPU and CPU load and notice in vanilla 2.0 my GPU is loaded to >80% but when I use one of your missions the load on the GPU drops to ~50%. Very strange! Any idea which asset could be causing this?

I removed all but the hospitals from the template mission and I am back up to 45fps again but the forestry mission is now unusable in VR.

Yeah, I've noticed that too the other day. I'm not in VR tho.

But when playing with my template I experienced constant stutters.

Thanks for the feedback, now I know it's not only on my hand. I'll try to find out what is the cause.

Found the issue in VR. It's clouds. I set the weather to summer, clear skies no wind instead of default weather and frame rates shot up again.

• Like 1

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I'm so excited to play this mission, but I'm having some trouble getting it going.

I can get the helipad to show up in the drop area, but no logs, and no cargo option in the radio menu.

If I can see the helipad, do I have the cargo, hospital, etc mod installed correctly?

I've been through the thread here and tried the various things, but still can't seem to to get any of the cargo camera, radio menu, or the cargo to work.

Thanks for any leads to info if you can provide.

What about Green War

Hi

Some days ago, i've posted a long post about green war but Eightball, i suppose that MacadamCow and you are the same and only person.

It seems that you havn't read what i've posted, so, in this message i will copy-paste what i've wrote some days ago, since you seem to read more often this topic. The fact is that since the big update of NTTR with great airport enhancement and some montainous correction, the green war mission do not run properly but i've found other problems.

That's what i've wrote some days ago:

"""Hi from France

I respawn this old post. Since the big update of NTTR some months ago, many parts of the protester camp are hidden under the ground or partially askew on the canyon side.

So i've edited the mission for myself to correct that.

But id' must correct other problems: The security team is not available in F7 menu, just the other infantry group is available. However i've verified that "transportable" is enabled and the waypoint one of the security team group is set as "embark for transport" in the advanced task menu.

You've nammed "infantry protester camp explosive" the group of soldiers running on the beach just beside the dam where is the blue car which you must land just beside. So after, in the trigger manager, you want that this same group discovers the explosive in the protesters camp. I don't see how they can discover the explosives since this isn't them you must embarking towards the protester camp. Perhaps they are very very good swimmers and climbers to go to the protesters camp.

After embarking soldiers at the security checkpoint, you ask to verify the construction site. When you're hovering above the construction site, you say that player can drop the cargo anywhere on the construction site. But which cargo are you talking about ?

I know, it's famous all around the world that us, french people, are not very familiar with foreign language but i've never read at this point of the mission, that the player must hook a cargo to drop it on the construction site.

After we go on the protester camp. The group "infantry protester camp explosive" must find the explosives. But remember, they're still running near the blue car, just on the beach under

Hoover dam.

For working properly:

-I've renamed the group of soldiers runnning on the beach near Hoover Dam

-At the security checkpoint, i'm embarking the only group available for embarking in the F7 menu

-After landing at the protesters camp, i disembark the group i've embarked before. On the marker 4 switching on "true" you've created, i've enabled a new group called "infantry protester camp explosive" just at the same place ( not visible before being activated). In the same way, i disable the group i've just disembarking . Don't forget to correct altitude in the trigger, after the NTTR update, to make marker 4 true. I've chosen, for marker 4 on true, to land the Huey ( Vz=0, Vi=0, altitude below 800 ft at the point i've placed protesters camp) and, of course, in a land zone i've created around the protesters camp.

-In this way, they find the explosives and send the message about explosives.

After i've hooked the explosives, i've not really understood: Must i transport the explosives on the blue car beach near Hoover dam ( a wooden pallet full of explosives hooked under an helicopter, is it really safe near a big dam ?) or must i transport explosives towards Boulder city airport ?

Thanks

I edit this post to add something i've forgotten to say previously: Since ED has updated NTTR, the airport of Boulder became more complete than before. So, of course, i've erased all objects and the heliport you'd put at Boulder City Airport on previous version of NTTR, to make it credible.""""

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

• 2 weeks later...

yes it's a different mission but made by the same author

It doesn't work anymore if you don't make changes i've made after downloading. Search "greenwar" in user files

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

• 6 months later...

Hey PhaseShift, Did you ever resolve this issue? I am having the same problem.

Windows 10 x64, Intel i7 6700K, cooled by CoolerMaster, 32GB DDR4 , Asus Maximus VIII Hero, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB, 2 SSD's, 1 2TB HDD and 1 3TB HDD, Benq 24", TM Warthog, MS Sidewinder FFB, TIR 5, F16 MFD, CH Pro Rudder

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

NO DROP ZONE OBJECT, NO LOGS AND SMOKE

I've installed all the pre requisit mods and skins with jsgme and all works fine, except there are no smoke indicators and no logss to pick up in the mission. also, no drop zone found with static objects. need some help here gyus

AMD Ryzen 3 3900X @5Ghz

G.Skill 64GB RAM @3200Mhz

nVidia GTX 980ti

SAMSUNG 250GB SATA SSD

Corsair H100i AIO

Conductonaut thermal liquid metal

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & TPR

Leap Motion

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Still has to be one of the most fun missions I've played. I'm sure now with 2.5 this could be made possible again. The only thing would be the adaptation of the tree weights in the db_units_ground.lua as mentioned previously.

Found this mod just now and it sounds nice, but there is a warning of "BROKEN". Is there an update possible?

1000 flights, 1000 crashes - perfect record

• 1 year later...

Can't edit my previous post and it's unreadable so..:

I had to uninstall the NTTR to make some room for the Syria map but back in back May I started updating the mission.

I found these 2 in my mission folder, it might be best to open them in the ME first to see if everything is there.

[UH-1H] Forestry Operations 2020

[UH-1H] Forestry Operations 2020 AI

You'll need to install a modified db_units_ground.lua in order to be able to lift the logs with the UH-1H. Use a mod manager as this goes in the main install folder

Cargo For All

You might want to place an invisible FARP on the heliport.

Additionally,for those interested I have a modified FARP.lua which allows additional units to be used as support vehicles, this isnt mandatory for the mission tho. This also goes in the main install.

FARP support vehicles

According to the pics I took back then, seems like there's only 3 pickup sites

HHEYG7Z.jpg

but there's a new heliport

jjUGdU9.png

and a new drop zone

1Xu0zJO.png

this is the additional FARP vehiclesEG9CRaN.jpg

Edited by Eight Ball

• 1 month later...