KA-50 Black Shark 2 Training missions

BigfootMSR

Excellent work Bigfoot. I have used your training missions several times. No complaints here. Thank you for your hard work and for sharing. I just bought the A-10C and I saw that you made a training video on JTAC/CDU coordinates. Downloading......

• 1 month later...

I picked up Black Shark 2 on the recent Steam sale and just wanted to stop by and commend BigfootMSR for the fantastic work he did on these training missions. I didn't even realize these were user made until I actually read through the briefing text :) Thanks for the hard work!

• 4 months later...

Hello need Help with "Datalink" interactive tutorial

i did everything step by step , but my Wingman dont react when i send them or want make formation ,i use F keys for orders but nothing happens , they doing nothing

Dont know what i did wrong :-(

I just had the same problem with the "Datalink and Wingmen" tutorial and mentioned my solution in this thread http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2449284

The solution for me was to disable the "easy communication" from the options->gameplay menu and to use RAlt+\. However, none if this will work unless you also play the mission from the mission menu not the training menu. So you also have to copy this training mission into your /username/Saved Games/DCS/Missions and then open it via the mission menu not the training menu.

• 1 month later...

Hey gang,

Just tried putting these files into DCS 1.5, per the readme instructions ( renamed the training folder and copied the new training folder over), however nothing is showing up in the KA-50 training missions... it is just blank.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Edit: Disregard, I decided to load up the training and apparently Bigfoot's Interactive training has already been integrated into this, I am good to go. Assuming I can learn this stuff lol...

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Hey gang,

Just tried putting these files into DCS 1.5, per the readme instructions ( renamed the training folder and copied the new training folder over), however nothing is showing up in the KA-50 training missions... it is just blank.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Edit: Disregard, I decided to load up the training and apparently Bigfoot's Interactive training has already been integrated into this, I am good to go. Assuming I can learn this stuff lol...

Likewise. I'm guessing somewhere along the line, DCS made this part of the stock module. Anyone able to confirm?

Interactive training

I've recently reinstalled DCS world and my Blackshark training missions are all videos. Installing this package yields same result as last couple of users posted; no missions under training in game GUI. Has anyone else experienced this with the most recent DCS world version?

Update: upon closer inspection it appeared my install of DCS World 2 open beta caused the issue. I copied over the training file from that install and everything works fine. Thanks for the effort you put into doing these.

Edited by ditchxx
Solved

• 10 months later...

This thread is a bit old, are these missions still compatible? Id like to check them out but don't want to pull my hair out because something does not work anymore. Thanks,

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

This thread is a bit old, are these missions still compatible? Id like to check them out but don't want to pull my hair out because something does not work anymore. Thanks,

The missions are already on the module, you don't need to download this missions, just go to training and try them out.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Oh,,,, I thought these may have been different ones,,, thanks

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

• 10 months later...

Hey i think i also found a bug, but maybe its just a control issue?!

When i start the Weapontraining and click on Start at the missionbriefing, every vikhr is beeing shot in the air (masterarm / wpn sys off?!) i looked up at the controls but only my hotas is bound to the designated "fire" keys.

EDIT: SOLVED! It was because Polaris & SchniX HOTAS Layout and i had the Motor NORM Switch at the lower position which apparently is emergency vikhr launch :D

Edited by MarkP

Main-Module: F-16C, AH-64D

Maps: Syria, Persian Gulf, South Atlantic, Caucasus, 1944 Normandy, NTTR

Hardware: VKB Gunfighter mk.2 Pro, WinWing Orion F16, VKB T-Rudder, HP Reverb G2

PC Specs: Intel 13900K, ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-5800 RAM, GeForce RTX 4090, Win 11x64

• 1 year later...

Haven't opened these missions yet, but it's obvious by the number of favorable comments it's got the right stuff.

An issue in STOCK training missions with the timeout of narrative text: how about leaving text visible until an assigned key press, such as the Space bar's use "step completed, proceed to next segment" in other steps? Why the timeout at all?

Last one..... regarding troubles I've had with multiple monitors (call the main/cockpit screen "A", and a monitor "B" dedicated as a PDF display and/or training video playback screen.....if I'm in-game on "A" and want to "page down" on a PDF in monitor "B", monitor "A" goes black, then when I click it, it has to reload all that terrain and plane..... nutshell version: HOW to get two displays that never step on each other? NVIDIA GTX 970 in case it matters...

and BIG TIA.....

I hope you find them useful. I made these quite a long time ago at this point. ED included them as part of the base game and as such, I have not kept up with their maintenance.

As for the multiple monitor thing, I'm sorry I wont be much use to you there. I know there were old forum posts regarding exports and stuff to monitors in the home cockpit threads. Could check there for an answer.

DCS: A10C Warthog JTAC coordinate entry training mission http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/99424/

DCS: Blackshark 2 interactive training missions http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84612

• 1 month later...

I recall that there is a method to read the lessons in a text file by unzipping the missions and then doing something....but I don't recall what. Any help as I would like to get a startup checklist from the first mission.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

• 5 weeks later...

Just tried the en-route navigations training.

It says i have to reach 325 radar alt.. (Which goes to 300) and on the hud, after 300 it swaps to 600+

Can't seem to figure out what i'm doing wrong

DCS A-10C II Warthog, DCS AV-8B, DCS F/A-18C. DCS F-16C DCS KA-50 III, DCS F-14B. DCS AH-64 Apache. DCS Mirage F1. DCS F-15E.
System: Z690 - i9-12900k - RTX 3080ti - 32gb ram - 2tb NVME - 2x2tb HDD - TM Hotas Warthog - MFG Rudders - Trackir/VR

• 2 months later...
Just tried the en-route navigations training.

It says i have to reach 325 radar alt.. (Which goes to 300) and on the hud, after 300 it swaps to 600+

Can't seem to figure out what i'm doing wrong

You are not doing anything wrong.

Above 300m AGL, the HUD will switch to barometric altitude i.e. MSL, to fly at ~325m AGL you should use the radar altimeter rather than the HUD.

Note: Nalchik is at ~400m MSL

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080