Happy Birthday Mig-21 Fishbed!!!

BadHabit

https://www.facebook.com/groups/DigitalCombatSimulator/permalink/1493296554129690/

Maiden Flight of my favorite aircraft plus my Dogos birthday :D

Are we gonna see the love we are all waiting for this bird today?! My Dogo got his cake! How about our Fishbed?!??!?! :thumbup:

"These are not the bugs you are looking for..":pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My YouTube channel

SPECS

-AMD FX8370 8 Core Processor 4.2 ghz

-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

-GTX 1050 TI Windforce 4g

-16 GB RAM

-Saitek X 52

-FaceNOIRtrack - 3 point clip Red Led

ha, nice!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Are we gonna see the love we are all waiting for this bird today?!

Nothing in the changelog.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

As far as I am concerned leave aside textures. Lng Lights Illumination, ASP correct modeling, RSBN correct modeling, Autopilot correction on level flight engage behavior, AoA is too low, Roll inertia is non existent even with heavy ordnance load at speeds above 500-600km..I m sure more things that I forget or i'm unware..

EDIT: Also some simplifications on modeling failures which I don't like. e.x. Electrical failure/damage is achieved by forcing off (scripted) the DC generator switch, you can not control the switch anymore..

Also even with loss of pressure in the hydraulic system (ex lng gear handle not centered) brakes are still functioning.

Edited by BadHabit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My YouTube channel

SPECS

-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

-16 GB RAM

-Saitek X 52

Also the SPO-10 is modeled in a very simplified way. The real thing was much more complicated, but a good operator could read a lot of info out of it that you can't in DCS. Like rang and direction of lock.

DCS: MiG-23

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Make it happen, and take my money! :D

Wish I could get my money back, haven't used the MiG-21 in ages because of the subpar modeling of pretty much everything except the 3d model and textures.

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

I wonder if there is actually anybody left at M3 except Rudel...

Hopefully not, since he is just a graphic artist (an awesome one though) and not a coder.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I dont think we you should worry about the module being supported. They are there they do their work but I guess we desperately need a proof.

Sent from my iQE100 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My YouTube channel

SPECS

-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

-16 GB RAM

-Saitek X 52

I dont think we you should worry about the module being supported. They are there they do their work but I guess we desperately need a proof.

Sent from my iQE100 using Tapatalk

A module whose glaring bugs are left untouched for years is, in my view, unsupported.

Don't forget this is still a beta, and it's currently their only product, so no excuse for having no development and bug fixing for such a long time on a product that should've been finalised and polished long ago.

This is borderline abandonware and the devs have gone AWOL (except Rudel).

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

Harsh to even mention "Abandonware" but it might be closest thing at moment as not even ED say anything about it, yet still selling it via store...

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Even if ED used that power you mention and btw the same stuff are being said on the RU side of the forums https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=140191

Should we walk to the plank the second older dev team on DCS, even if crippled?

Hiromachi and Rudel are actively report that they are working on both the CE2 and Mig. So please parley!

I am the first to give my criticism on the shortcomings and faults in the module but listening to dethronement speculations and hatred makes my sick.

After all the first and last to have any right over the Module is Magnitude LLC alone.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My YouTube channel

SPECS

-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

-16 GB RAM

-Saitek X 52

I am the first to give my criticism on the shortcomings and faults in the module but listening to dethronement speculations and hatred makes my sick.

After all the first and last to have any right over the Module is Magnitude LLC alone.

First of all, criticism is never negative but positive feedback. It is always constructive and never bashing etc. That is why "constructive criticism" doesn't exist as it is like saying "positive positivity".

But the still the problem is, if Mig-21Bis is still in "Beta", there are serious errors (=bugs) in it as it has gone multiple redesign in the flight modeling (how many? I have lost count) and each time it has been "validated by real pilots" etc, no direct and strong communication to the customers (we are customers, not fans) who are waiting to get the product finalized.... I would say that it is serious situation. Even when considering all the historical business structure changes etc.

Like when was the Mig-21Bis released? 17.9.2014? That is 3 years, 5 months and 1 day today!

Now I ask you, how good does that sound for "Early Access" product with a such track record of the changes after claims, and still existing requirements?

I have not flown Mig-21Bis for couple years now than few times for couple minutes to check status, I think, since the flight modeling started to be changed radically multiple times. Why? You couldn't anymore trust at all what was happening.

I don't care who is the person behind the rights for the license, I care about the product and the promise to delivery!

And today business is more about openness and social than it was 5 years ago! Especially in Early Access, that should be tight conversation between developers and the testers.

And in the late behaviors etc, I am more and more toward closed betas than previously, where the testers are checked that they do actually report the bugs, they fill the reports and they complete the tests they are promised to complete in given time. This to go and boost the developers feedback from skilled testers, not from fans.

And those closed beta testers to be swapped, rotated etc so it is not always some specific "club" or "higher class" people.

I really wish to see Mig-21Bis to come in age, but now when it is having rough times (just having couple developers) it can be too big challenge for short period of time. But personally I have faith, but I don't spend time to even follow the development as there is no clear and simple way in ED forums to do that for every possible module as there should be. A closed straightforward thread for every specific module where only developers can write, and they would type their short journal entries about process and plans and ideas etc. Even if it would be required every 2 weeks or at least once a month... But it would give the official voice what is happening. No ETA, no such things... Those lives and goes. But a bout sign of progress and development.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Well I started flying the Mig after a long 3 year break and I am really impressed and really enjoying it, I just love it and I hated it at first, the Mig originally ran really bad from a performance point of view and now it runs perfectly, I hope as someone who has come back to her that she keeps on giving, even the tutorials I found excellent today.

4.8 I7, 1080, TMW&T, SSD, VKB MK.IV.

First of all, criticism is never negative but positive feedback. It is always constructive and never bashing etc. That is why "constructive criticism" doesn't exist as it is like saying "positive positivity".

But the still the problem is, if Mig-21Bis is still in "Beta", there are serious errors (=bugs) in it as it has gone multiple redesign in the flight modeling (how many? I have lost count) and each time it has been "validated by real pilots" etc, no direct and strong communication to the customers (we are customers, not fans) who are waiting to get the product finalized.... I would say that it is serious situation. Even when considering all the historical business structure changes etc.

Like when was the Mig-21Bis released? 17.9.2014? That is 3 years, 5 months and 1 day today!

Now I ask you, how good does that sound for "Early Access" product with a such track record of the changes after claims, and still existing requirements?

I have not flown Mig-21Bis for couple years now than few times for couple minutes to check status, I think, since the flight modeling started to be changed radically multiple times. Why? You couldn't anymore trust at all what was happening.

I don't care who is the person behind the rights for the license, I care about the product and the promise to delivery!

And today business is more about openness and social than it was 5 years ago! Especially in Early Access, that should be tight conversation between developers and the testers.

And in the late behaviors etc, I am more and more toward closed betas than previously, where the testers are checked that they do actually report the bugs, they fill the reports and they complete the tests they are promised to complete in given time. This to go and boost the developers feedback from skilled testers, not from fans.

And those closed beta testers to be swapped, rotated etc so it is not always some specific "club" or "higher class" people.

I really wish to see Mig-21Bis to come in age, but now when it is having rough times (just having couple developers) it can be too big challenge for short period of time. But personally I have faith, but I don't spend time to even follow the development as there is no clear and simple way in ED forums to do that for every possible module as there should be. A closed straightforward thread for every specific module where only developers can write, and they would type their short journal entries about process and plans and ideas etc. Even if it would be required every 2 weeks or at least once a month... But it would give the official voice what is happening. No ETA, no such things... Those lives and goes. But a bout sign of progress and development.

+1.000.000.000

I fully agree with Fr13,

let us also not forget that the coders DO have time for THREE new aircraft modules (CE2, Corsair, Zero), but not to finish the MiG-21.

Sure, I completely understand it from Leatherneck's and ED's point-of-view. Why invest time and effort in a module that most customers already have bought, when they can ask new money for a new module? Well, because the people that have bought the MiG-21 in beta, have done so to ensure the module would be finished.

Magnitude 3 should also consider the longer term implications: Why would a customer buy a M3 module in the future, when they got screwed in the past?

I don't know the current composition of Magnitude 3, outside of Rudel and Hiromachi, but would it perhaps be a good idea to attract an additional coder? That coder could fully focus working on the MiG-21, and get a revenue percentage of an upcoming module.

That way, Magnitude 3's current team won't have a higher workload, the customers get their module, and opens up additional possibilities for the future.

Look at the web page, the full team is there mentioned.

That page was way before the split and there is no info on that regard anywhere on the official site, Maybe in the Bugtracker? (unless i'm blind, which is a possibility).

Anyway. Ofc I fully agree that we need to push as far as we can so they finish the product, there is no one fan, hater or enthusiast that feels ok with the situation. I just hope we won't go to the other side and see stories like before with other teams.

End 200% yes there is a huge need for a structure of a fully Development Log that must be required from every dev team.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My YouTube channel

SPECS

-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

-16 GB RAM

-Saitek X 52