Air carier / AI and static objects disapeer

CHPL

Have a problem with the air carriers.

Ai aircraft, do not appear or appear all at the same place which is not a parking position.

Static objects disappearing when getting closer.

Is this a known issue?

Always happy landings ;)

You will need to be more specific CHPL.

Attach a miz, track or post a video of the problem...

From your cryptic message, I understand you don't know how to place static aircraft on the aircraft carrier.

If this is the case, you will need to remember to select offset fixation checkbox for the static aircraft as well as ensure that static object is linked to the unit (aircraft carrier).

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Have a problem with the air carriers.

Hello,

Here are two excellent videos on how to setup carriers & statics:

tJEJQbLnY4Y

W45xrdnJMO8

Best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Thanks for the links. Great but already known videos. :thumbup:

Do it exactly that way, but AI aircraft appearing all at the same parking position regardless of the choice iI made in the ME and static objects disappear or du not appear at all.

So it seems to be an actual bug.:cry:

Always happy landings ;)

@CHPL

DCS automatically moves AI units and clients around if they're based on the Tarawa or the Stennis.

Just make sure that your AI units are set on different PRK numbers, if that doesn't work, then it's probably a bug.

ED apparently changed some related code in the last openbeta update (according to the patch notes)...

SSE. Coalition.addStaticObject unable to spawn objects on ships - fixed

Also, regarding the issue of carrier-based units disappearing when getting up close, I've encountered it too, it's definitely a DCS bug.

Edited by Hardcard

@CHPL

DCS automatically moves AI units and clients around if they're based on the Tarawa or the Stennis.

Just make sure that your AI units are set on different PRK numbers, if that doesn't work, then it's probably a bug.

ED apparently changed some related code in the last openbeta update (according to the patch notes)...

SSE. Coalition.addStaticObject unable to spawn objects on ships - fixed

Also, regarding the issue of carrier-based units disappearing when getting up close, I've encountered it too, it's definitely a DCS bug.

Many thanks- so I can stop trying :thumbup:

It's in the release version as well not updated for a few weeks :cry:

Always happy landings ;)