Mission 1 AW Shoot failure

Just purchased the campaign. After takeoff, following all instructions.... nearing Air Carrier, as co-pilot switches on lights. Suddenly rpm drops right out and crash to ocean. I have been flying uh-1h for hundreds of hrs, I know my rpm limits.

After action report only shows "AW Shoot" as reason for crash?

Help?!:cry:

This is because you exceed the limits for altitude and distance to Wolf 1.

If you get closer after takeoff he is telling you to stay in close formation because of is something going wrong you may get lost.

And after that, he reminds you several times to stay close and when approaching the carrier you have to watch your altitude as well.

Within 50 feet + -

If you fail to keep the altitude and the close formation you get down because of a gearbox failure.

When reaching the frigate the counter will be reset but the same thing again keep formation and altitude until you get the permission to leave the formation.

Always happy landings ;)

The good news is, that's the only mission you may fail due to some formation flying issues.

Even when we spent lots of working hours in AI behavior and it worked out pretty good we don't want you to fail because of some misled AI in cross country flights.

But over open water, it is a good chance to practice.:thumbup:

Always happy landings ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah.. I'm annoyed. Long ass wait to get into the air followed by a long ass flight to almost a carrier. Land on cruiser and derp derpie derp wait... So I finally take back off and rejoin Wolf 1. We climb to 500ft, the whole time I'm watching him do this weird ass 100 foot at a time tiered like climbing stairs altitude gain (but whatever) and I get about 75 feet away from Wolf 1 (cause he's flying like a retard) and my heli just ****ing explodes. Mission over. Cue the music. No warning. Seriously? What the ****? Are you trolls? Are you telling me I've I gotta waste another hour and flying in a 2 straight lines again, hugging retard boy Wolf 1 to pass this? Come on. That's ****ed. Put formation requirements in the briefing. If you had, I would have been up his ass the whole time had I known that trailing 76 feet away from lead would cause my heli to literally explode. God damn....

Also, in the beginning, your voice actor calls for 'Frank' to set the altimeter to 33. Dunno what the hell that's about, it the wrong altitude. I laughed about the 'salty bloody marys' prob should have been margaritas. Also the verbiage about in swing sleep or whatever the **** that meant and hot girls is borked. You want me to edit your voice over scripts? I'd do it... For 10 bucks. Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate your efforts and this appears to be the most promising well put together UH-1 campaigns (assuming the next missions aren't trolling bullshit), but I damn man...

• Like 1

Hardest Task

Yeah.. I'm annoyed. Long ass wait to get into the air followed by a long ass flight to almost a carrier. Land on cruiser and derp derpie derp wait... So I finally take back off and rejoin Wolf 1. We climb to 500ft, the whole time I'm watching him do this weird ass 100 foot at a time tiered like climbing stairs altitude gain (but whatever) and I get about 75 feet away from Wolf 1 (cause he's flying like a retard) and my heli just ****ing explodes. Mission over. Cue the music. No warning. Seriously? What the ****? Are you trolls? Are you telling me I've I gotta waste another hour and flying in a 2 straight lines again, hugging retard boy Wolf 1 to pass this? Come on. That's ****ed. Put formation requirements in the briefing. If you had, I would have been up his ass the whole time had I known that trailing 76 feet away from lead would cause my heli to literally explode. God damn....

Also, in the beginning, your voice actor calls for 'Frank' to set the altimeter to 33. Dunno what the hell that's about, it the wrong altitude. I laughed about the 'salty bloody marys' prob should have been margaritas. Also the verbiage about in swing sleep or whatever the **** that meant and hot girls is borked. You want me to edit your voice over scripts? I'd do it... For 10 bucks. Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate your efforts and this appears to be the most promising well put together UH-1 campaigns (assuming the next missions aren't trolling bullshit), but I damn man...

I'm not sure if we talk about the same mission, what you describe is very similar to Mission 1 in our campaign, but there are some significant differences. :noexpression:

First of all, thanks for accepting the challenge and buying the campaign. I am sure that was the right decision.:thumbup:

We knew in advance that we have to deal with all kinds of criticism and there is still room for improvements. Even when it's not our fault, like bugs in the actual DCS version, changes in the map or to modules, we take that all seriously.

Do you really believe every German speaks perfect English? :smilewink:

We also do our best to assist or offer alternative ways when somebody struggles for any reason.

But with some tasks, we struggle as well, especially when it comes to open expressed frustration and we are not the ones they shud blamed for the issues that cause the disappointment in the first place.

Ther is another player spending 20 hours in ignoring an already well-known issue with the campaign handler? Also ignoring both of the offered solutions because of .... ? I don't know.

Of cause he is right, their shud be no problem in the first place, but hey man this is DCS, and it runs on Windows.

So I will do everything I can to help you out, with all the respect not only as a customer but also more important as a fellow Pilot.

Right after this answer, we open up a new Thread "INSIDES," where we give some tips or, like in your case, we point some things out the pilot has to be aware of.

We also show up different ways to do things, for example, how to avoid some tasks.

:smartass: But I have at least one advice to you in person. Go and look for somebody ( or send me a private message) which gives you 1 hour of serious flight time and a few tips. After that, you will laugh about the formation-flying in Mission 1. :pilotfly:

Edited by CHPL

Always happy landings ;)

Just for your information.

I forgot to explain the 33 feet altitude setting.

33 feet is the Altitude of BATUMI Airport.

There are different ways to set the barometric altimeter correctly.

1. You know the Airports altitude as in the mission

2. You know the actual ambient air pressure at the airport.

In both ways every aircraft in the vicinity of the airport using the same reference hight.

Or you set the Standard atmosphere value 29.92 inches of mercury when adviced by a controller or when flying under instrument rules and in Flight Levels. Recommended when above 10 000 feet.

Always happy landings ;)

But o got an AW Shoot at Mission 10 too 2 times at the same place in the valley. Than i changed my weapons, Miniguns instead Rockets and all was nice till end. But zero points at the new Berlin Headquarter i landed beside Gazelle than. Waiting for the update but i finish camapign soon.

But the camapign is very much nice, full with a lot surprises. A good work!! Sometimes heavy but very realistic, very well done. But the point system is for many important, cause motivation to the next mission. Flying through editor is sometimes boring and not a camapign, the whole story is like broken than. I start a camapign and will come on to the next mission, but i know the problem is the absent update now from DCS.

Edited by Gerd-Wiem

But o got an AW Shoot at Mission 10 too 2 times at the same place in the valley. Than i changed my weapons, Miniguns instead Rockets and all was nice till end. But zero points at the new Berlin Headquarter i landed beside Gazelle than. Waiting for the update but i finish camapign soon.

Mission 10 (On call duty) That's the Mission Impossible

Did you get no problems when transporting the troops to the mountain top? :music_whistling:

Always happy landings ;)

In Mission 10 there was a Trigger failure as i let the last troops on this hill house, cause that i flew to Batumi..Peter told now we have time, and so on...but than silence. But maybe i was not waiting long enough, maybe my mistake.

Just before Batumi i turned around back, cause in F-10 was standing..1.Land at this hillhouse...2. Fly back to Batumi. I went than back, than the game told me all ok on hillhouse, thanks all ok i can fly back. After all, it comes that Berlin has an own Headquarter i searched than and landed.

Mission 10 (On call duty) That's the Mission Impossible

Did you get no problems when transporting the troops to the mountain top? :music_whistling:

Now i understand you, thought mission impossiple comes to me but i finished it already.

And i understand that, how we can decide with the troops an flight or landing side. I have only the documents before i flight inside DCS camapigns, cause in DCS Document is absent til now.

But landing as close as possible to the blue smoke is possible, but not easy. Well done, nice mission from yours.