DCS: MiG-23MLA by RAZBAM - Page 51 - ED Forums
 


Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2019, 04:26 AM   #501
Tread_Head57
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 214
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester986 View Post
Their most recent update has stated they will be putting all of their developments efforts into finishing the Harrier, Mirage, and Mig-19. So that only leaves modeling/texturing to do on other aircraft. I wouldn't expect any significant news for sometime but personally I think this is the right move.
I saw that, but damn if this wasn't my most anticipated module.
Tread_Head57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 06:14 PM   #502
Jester986
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 994
Default

I'm eagerly awaiting it as well. At least this was though we can have confidence in it's quality when it does arrive.
Jester986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 09:07 PM   #503
DocSigma
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 448
Default

Apologize for the ignorance when it comes to the 23MLA, but where is the radar located in the cockpit. Every image I search out, it looks like the 23mla has no radar. Is it displayed on the HUD?
__________________
Watson!
DocSigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 09:09 PM   #504
GrmlZ
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocSigma View Post
Apologize for the ignorance when it comes to the 23MLA, but where is the radar located in the cockpit. Every image I search out, it looks like the 23mla has no radar. Is it displayed on the HUD?
Yes, its displayed in the HUD.
GrmlZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 12:07 PM   #505
foxbat155
Member
 
foxbat155's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 329
Default

For those interested how looks inside MiG-23's inertial platform

https://youtu.be/LaxsIgxnf_E
foxbat155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 02:04 PM   #506
Top Jockey
Member
 
Top Jockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 700
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocSigma View Post
Apologize for the ignorance when it comes to the 23MLA, but where is the radar located in the cockpit. Every image I search out, it looks like the 23mla has no radar. Is it displayed on the HUD?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrmlZ View Post
Yes, its displayed in the HUD.
Yes i believe so.

The only time I've seen something like an attempt to portray the MiG-23 HUD Radar mode, was in the gone days of "Free Falcon 5" sim.

And let me tell you... what a complete mess with many kinds of symbology all cluttered in a cramped HUD.
Yes it was a sim, so I don't know how realistically it depicted real life, but even so it was NOT "user friendly".

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxbat155 View Post
For those interested how looks inside MiG-23's inertial platform

https://youtu.be/LaxsIgxnf_E
Interesting piece of hardware.
__________________
CPU: Intel i7 4790K
GPU: GeForce GTX 1660 Ti - 6 GB
RAM: 16 GB DDR 3
SSD: Samsung 860 QVO
O.S: Win 7, 64 bit

FC 3 , MiG-21 Bis , F/A-18 C , F-14 B
Caucasus , Nevada
Top Jockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 02:06 PM   #507
mongol-29
Veteran
 
mongol-29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ё-бург
Posts: 3,515
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Jockey View Post
Yes i believe so.



The only time I've seen something like an attempt to portray the MiG-23 HUD Radar mode, was in the gone days of "Free Falcon 5" sim.



And let me tell you... what a complete mess with many kinds of symbology all cluttered in a cramped HUD.

Yes it was a sim, so I don't know how realistically it depicted real life, but even so it was NOT "user friendly".







Interesting piece of hardware.
It s indication similar MiG-29/Su-27 in FC3
__________________
Mongol-29
mongol-29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 02:13 PM   #508
Top Jockey
Member
 
Top Jockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 700
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongol-29 View Post
It s indication similar MiG-29/Su-27 in FC3
Yes - similar, however both the MiG-29 and the Su-27 feature a much more organized and less cluttered HUD symbology.

...

Yekaterinburg... home of Pavel Fedulev, interesting.
__________________
CPU: Intel i7 4790K
GPU: GeForce GTX 1660 Ti - 6 GB
RAM: 16 GB DDR 3
SSD: Samsung 860 QVO
O.S: Win 7, 64 bit

FC 3 , MiG-21 Bis , F/A-18 C , F-14 B
Caucasus , Nevada

Last edited by Top Jockey; 04-10-2019 at 02:15 PM.
Top Jockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 02:18 PM   #509
mongol-29
Veteran
 
mongol-29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ё-бург
Posts: 3,515
Default

I said from radar simbology, and 23 not have HUD, it is gun sight ASP-17 (see more Su-25) where add same features (radar simbology)
__________________
Mongol-29
mongol-29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 02:24 PM   #510
Top Jockey
Member
 
Top Jockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 700
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongol-29 View Post
I said from radar simbology, and 23 not have HUD, it is gun sight ASP-17 (see more Su-25) where add same features (radar simbology)
(HUD is a way of saying.)

Again, I'm refering to the impression I've had at that sim, as I've never seen images of it in real life.

Would by chance it be something like the pic below (from CombatAce site), for example ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	003.jpg
Views:	617
Size:	732.8 KB
ID:	208358  
__________________
CPU: Intel i7 4790K
GPU: GeForce GTX 1660 Ti - 6 GB
RAM: 16 GB DDR 3
SSD: Samsung 860 QVO
O.S: Win 7, 64 bit

FC 3 , MiG-21 Bis , F/A-18 C , F-14 B
Caucasus , Nevada
Top Jockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 08:08 AM. vBulletin Skin by ForumMonkeys. Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.