F/A-18C Hornet | Audio Production / Overhaul

I_Gamer

• 2 weeks later...

Great work buddy!

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Greetings. Appreciate all the hard work this is an amazing sound mod. I am curious how difficult it is tweaking these files. I know there are two engine sound files that look for the Harrier. There is a very stark difference between high RPM sounds of what we have vs what I hear on YouTube of AV-8's coming in on a hover of cockpit footage. The lower pitch high raspy RPM of the Harrier is iconic.

is it possible to copy from YouTube (with OP permission) , clean them up and push them to .ogg this way ? is there a better way of doing this ?

Greetings. Appreciate all the hard work this is an amazing sound mod. I am curious how difficult it is tweaking these files. I know there are two engine sound files that look for the Harrier. There is a very stark difference between high RPM sounds of what we have vs what I hear on YouTube of AV-8's coming in on a hover of cockpit footage. The lower pitch high raspy RPM of the Harrier is iconic.

is it possible to copy from YouTube (with OP permission) , clean them up and push them to .ogg this way ? is there a better way of doing this ?

Often times pulling content from YouTube is perfectly acceptable - for personal use... If you want to publish this work you'll need permission from the original creator, of course.

- - - - - - - -

Tyler "Shadow"

All things sound @ Echo 19 Audio

linktr.ee/echo19audio

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is an incredible sound mod. Sounds very realistic. I must try it since I'm finally getting into the Hornet.

I'm curious if there are any plans either from ED or yourself to update the cockpit sounds, particularly the engine sounds. I've only briefly messed around with the Viper, but I've noticed that the engine sounds are so much better than the Hornet. Recent YT cockpit videos of the Hornet shows that our DCS version sounds nothing like the real thing!

Thanks

~Redtail~

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks, is there a way to see if the mod is active? I have it in my modules, and have set the wallpaper, but sounds do not seem different in the sim? Thanks!

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Thanks, is there a way to see if the mod is active? I have it in my modules, and have set the wallpaper, but sounds do not seem different in the sim? Thanks!

Hm. Not entirely sure, if you have the wallpaper set and you can see it in your active modules - it *should* be working. Are you on Beta or Stable?

Also, I'm sure you know - but wanted to just put it out there anyway; this is an external audio mod - none of the internals were changed. ;)

- - - - - - - -

Tyler "Shadow"

All things sound @ Echo 19 Audio

linktr.ee/echo19audio

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Just played all the new sounds with VLC...

Can't wait to download this weekend.  I see the Mod moved over to WAV files and some crisper and more lively sounds. I even saw new seat height adjustment sounds -- lol  nice!.

• Actually looking forward to see how the PlaneSpeedbrakeWind.wav file works because it is sitting outside of the Sounds\Effects\Aircrafts folder and I did not see a sdef file for it..    
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]