We are dropping like flies after 50s - Pilots concerned with non-ionizing radiation

Worrazen

Ok, as soon as people start talking about HAARP as a weapon able to reach ''any place in the world'', they lose all credibility.

Wait what what? :huh: How do you think even OTH radar works ???? Certain RF signals bounce off the ionosphere and maybe some to some extent in other layers.Jeez man, if it's shot up from the ground it has to come down to the ground except if it's directed at extreme angles, possibly out of the range of the HAARP facility in that case, it would need to be higher up on a hill or mountain and direct downward at a negative local angle, then the reflections would miss hitting the ground but very close, or if it's very high up basicaly near the ionosphere and it's directed at a very small positive local angle (inverted viewpoint) which would again produce a very wide angle at the reflection point, missing the ground and reflecting within the atmosphere several times, if it works like a perfect mirror anyway, there probably would be some bit of scattering in other direction in practice.

KEdxjUR.jpg

How a skywave OTH radar works: A powerful shortwave signal from a large transmitting antenna (left) reaches a target beyond the horizon by reflecting off the ionosphere, and the echo signal from the target (right) returns to the receiving antenna by the same route. Use the site and load it as if it were a save file.

https://www.sigidwiki.com/wiki/29B6_%27Kontayner%27_OTH_Radar

Then I used a rays and mirrors simulator which I never knew existed, see what positive things this thread and discussion can do :lol:, and made this demo, I had to spend some time creating an earth shillhuoette with straight blocker parts since there is no circular blocker, the ionosphere is an arc-mirror and I used a beam of rays.

https://ricktu288.github.io/ray-optics/

The example I used is in the attachment if anyone wants to try the same thing without spending 30 mins on making it.

NervousZigzagGrosbeak-mobile.jpg

https://gfycat.com/nervouszigzaggrosbeak <- click for animation

And they were exactly doing that, trying to enhance the bouncing performance (ofcourse something goes through it's not 100% mirror), producing "artificial mirrors", quote off wikipedia:

21 "NRL Scientists Produce Densest Artificial Ionospheric Plasma Clouds Using HAARP" (Press release). U.S. Naval Research Lab. 25 February 2013. Retrieved 5 April 2013. Using the 3.6-megawatt high-frequency (HF) HAARP transmitter, the plasma clouds, or balls of plasma, are being studied for use as artificial mirrors at altitudes 50 kilometers below the natural ionosphere and are to be used for reflection of HF radar and communications signals. Past attempts to produce electron density enhancements have yielded densities of 4×10⁵ electrons per cubic centimeter (cm³) using HF radio transmissions near the second, third, and fourth harmonics of the electron cyclotron frequency. This frequency near 1.44 MHz is the rate that electrons gyrate around the Earth's magnetic field. The NRL group succeeded in producing artificial plasma clouds with densities exceeding 9×10⁵ electrons cm³ using HAARP transmission at the sixth harmonic of the electron cyclotron frequency.

Now you want to hear a crazy theory, what if those "artificial mirrors" can be aimable, unlike the ionosphere, which means then it would be able to reach "anywhere in the world" if using multiple such mirrors, as if they were redirectors/satellites.

But I still believe the person said that in haste, and it's probably not anywhere in the world, probably just quickly quoting the other people he heard from, so given the circumstances that shouldn't have been taken literally IMO, however being scientific yeah you can't just throw quick IMOs around.

Deja Vu?

A: Looks like Earth is round

B: You lose credibility

OTH Radar S1.json.zip

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

Damn. I need thicker tinfoil.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Wait what what? :huh: How do you think even OTH radar works ????

The thing Zhukov was referring to wasn't whether or not radio signals can reach over the horizon (ionospheric reflection of EM waves has been known for decades), but the claimed "fact" that HAARP is some kind of weapon*.

*) Hint: it isn't, regardless of what the many Alex Joneses out there may think.

The thing Zhukov was referring to wasn't whether or not radio signals can reach over the horizon (ionospheric reflection of EM waves has been known for decades), but the claimed "fact" that HAARP is some kind of weapon*.

Sure, just remember to pour the majority of the frustrations on to the people who make those claims, rather than the thread, I'm just entertaining the ideas but I'm not making any conclusions myself, because it's a wild guess, on one end it was first and foremost a military facility, on the other hand the research and testing may have paved the way for a weapon or other things used in weapons and yes it may not have been used as a weapon but it could have tested some components of what would become a future weapon, it's no way to know for sure, why bother making any conclusions, just relax, and lastly almost anything can be repurposed into a weapon, if someone bad would take over the facility they could probably set the dials and knobs just right for some kind of an offensive effect, whatever it may be and however insignificant it may seem, maybe to jam some signals, trying to prove something's can't be a weapon is extremely hard. Didn't you ever used the airplane to slam into the enemy unit when you ran out of ammo in DCS? Right, I did it for testing to see damage simulation, I'm not encouraging the practice tho.

And I responded in a literal fashion the same way the quote was ;) Plus I totally forgot about certain frequencies that could go right through the soil, rock, the earth's crust, which adds a whole other twist to this.

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

Disregarding all the above...whenever I am at a place where no cell phone connectivity, no WLAN and all that modern crap exist.. I feel better.

Luckily, I live on the countryside and we have areas with virtually NO connectivity.

* Says someone with 1 Router and 2 Repeaters in MeshMode, 3 cells, 2 tablets, cordless phone, etc....

You can hate it, but you almost cannot avoid being exposed. It's a classic dilemma.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Sure, just remember to pour the majority of the frustrations on to the people who make those claims, rather than the thread, I'm just entertaining the ideas but I'm not making any conclusions myself, because it's a wild guess, on one end it was first and foremost a military facility, on the other hand the research and testing may have paved the way for a weapon or other things used in weapons and yes it may not have been used as a weapon but it could have tested some components of what would become a future weapon, it's no way to know for sure, why bother making any conclusions, just relax, and lastly almost anything can be repurposed into a weapon, if someone bad would take over the facility they could probably set the dials and knobs just right for some kind of an offensive effect, whatever it may be and however insignificant it may seem, maybe to jam some signals, trying to prove something's can't be a weapon is extremely hard. Didn't you ever used the airplane to slam into the enemy unit when you ran out of ammo in DCS? Right, I did it for testing to see damage simulation, I'm not encouraging the practice tho.

And I responded in a literal fashion the same way the quote was ;) Plus I totally forgot about certain frequencies that could go right through the soil, rock, the earth's crust, which adds a whole other twist to this.

@last comment : Low frequency radio waves are how they have 1-way communication with submerged submarines. Ground penetrating radar and such has been a thing for some time, afaik. That's a far cry from beaming death rays around the world, however.

Btw, this tendency people have to ''retweet random conspiracy theories'' is not in any way beneficial for society. ''I don't know if this random bs is true or not, but it's food for thought''. That only goes when the information is semi-reliable. Somebody talking about HAARP like a weapon is either a nut themselves, or listening to nuts and not doing his own due diligence.

I used to know a guy who made random claims backed up by stuff like InfoWars and similar ''people in the know''. One of these other guys who I respected for the thoroughness of his debating systematically disassembled the HAARP stuff.

Keypoints he used (with credible references)

1. HAARP is run by the USAF for electromagnetic and communication research... but it's an open-to-public facility, as is most/all the research performed there. Most the theories used to promote HAARP as a weapon (based on crude pseudo science) can be discredited because of knowledge of the atmo and electronic spectrum... provided ironically enough by the very research conducted at HAARP.

2. Bouncing off the ionosphere only works to certain angles and ranges, both of which are hampered by HAARP's physical location (selected for low ambient interference)

Anyway,

Edited by zhukov032186

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Disregarding all the above...whenever I am at a place where no cell phone connectivity, no WLAN and all that modern crap exist.. I feel better.

Luckily, I live on the countryside and we have areas with virtually NO connectivity.

* Says someone with 1 Router and 2 Repeaters in MeshMode, 3 cells, 2 tablets, cordless phone, etc....

You can hate it, but you almost cannot avoid being exposed. It's a classic dilemma.

I totally forgot about my experiences yeah, I went on a 3 days turn-off a few years back some 10-20 km out of the city up in the hills where there's barely like one or two cellphone towers in the valleys, there was only some slight signal, the quality of sleep was nothing like it, ofcourse the lack of all the stressful daily stuff was also not present, so it's a combination I would say and not concluding that it was all because of the RF/EMF, but the term electronics is the correct term and people should understand all the other things that are included in that term, the flickering LED backlight, prolonged blue light exposure (most detrimental at evening and night), thankfully I got an "eye care" monitor with DC dimming instead of PWM, but various phones and the ones I used probably don't have such features, then there's the whole other thing of the mental aspect of being stressed out with daily stuff, news, the constant messages, updates, notifications, the body can't relax, and all the other stuff, and ofcourse there was no TV or anything up there it was an old mountain house once, which also helped.

Unfortunately that place went bankrupt, it's a location that's really hard for tourism because there's really not much for tourists to go anywhere or see anything.

Then I had another occasion when I forgot the phone with WiFi under my pillow, I woke up with a headache on one part of my head that lasted the whole day. Months apart, I forgot my phone and fell asleep in my stomach area, i felt a mild pain almost all day below my chest ... that was many years ago and it's easy to forget and dismiss these pretty important clues.

@last comment : Low frequency radio waves are how they have 1-way communication with submerged submarines. Ground penetrating radar and such has been a thing for some time, afaik. That's a far cry from beaming death rays around the world, however.

Btw, this tendency people have to ''retweet random conspiracy theories'' is not in any way beneficial for society. ''I don't know if this random bs is true or not, but it's food for thought''. That only goes when the information is semi-reliable. Somebody talking about HAARP like a weapon is either a nut themselves, or listening to nuts and not doing his own due diligence.

I used to know a guy who made random claims backed up by stuff like InfoWars and similar ''people in the know''. One of these other guys who I respected for the thoroughness of his debating systematically disassembled the HAARP stuff.

Keypoints he used (with credible references)

1. HAARP is run by the USAF for electromagnetic and communication research... but it's an open-to-public facility, as is most/all the research performed there. Most the theories used to promote HAARP as a weapon (based on crude pseudo science) can be discredited because of knowledge of the atmo and electronic spectrum... provided ironically enough by the very research conducted at HAARP.

2. Bouncing off the ionosphere only works to certain angles and ranges, both of which are hampered by HAARP's physical location (selected for low ambient interference)

Anyway,

Well sort of food for thought, but you can always avoid it, no need to shut it down for those that find it interesting. I'm like this stuff for the challenge it gives for the brains to cook up new ideas of solving things, I mean, from railways to airplanes, I've always wondered why the hell don't they put parachutes on the airplanes at least, if not some kind of airbags to assist with crash landing, why don't airplanes when they have to make an risky emergency landing just crash land into a giant pool of bubble wrap instead of a rock solid runway, I mean, some solutions are so easy and some of these engineers are way overthinking and miss the simplest of the solutions, or another version, why do airplanes always need to land as fast as possible, this idea of "get on the ground quick" ... if it's stable enough, if it has enough fuel, why wouldn't they make one of two runway flybys or flybys over farmland, where passengers could drop down with parachute, and then when there is much less people onboard then they can try landing it. But let's get back on the topic now.

I don't personally stand behind those quick-throw-around conclusions myself either, I think Barrie made an reference there and if he were confronted he would have said it's not his reasearch and expertise of what the facility IMO, or he would explain in detail what he thinks the mechanism is, you are right that some others throw accusations around like it's cookies to sound scarry and is not technical enough.

Even if someone is wrong on the surface, the direction may not be completely wrong even if that direction is very small, they are infact wrong but it could be because they are telling a heavily more simplified version (where context and details are lost) such as saying you can die from a pink-ponk ball impact, is one example, because you can get seriously hurt by just one ping-pong ball at 1100 mph and while the Mythbusters didn't "duplicate the results" as they used to in the old days probably because of the volume of myths and the expenses, in this case it's even harder as you'd have to kill a pig to prove a thousand balls hitting a pig can kill it, you can still put one and one together to realize the probable outcome.

So being hit by a thousand of those at once ... wouldn't then be a lethal weapon?

The second example, the Tesla Earthquake Machine ... again they avoided the series standard of "duplicating the results" as Adam called it, which means "what it will take to make it happen at any cost".

Start at: 35:06

So they strapped this one device onto a bridge and it felt like a large truck once they hit the "sweet spot" with the tuning, this is the power of resonance I spoke earlier, because the frequency of the oscillations is so well tuned with the rest of the structure that the effect is greately enhanced in intensity and travel through the material it is attached to, but resonance is not an endless boost with time, it get's up to a point and stops, the intensity won't keep building up forever, I believe that was a strawman whoever was behind the myths and stories of Tesla, we know that the CIA confiscate all the docs and Tesla never really could get his side of the story out and it's all mysterious, why did the Mythbusters management and Discovery chose to take the "endless buildup" seriously? Well it's a way to knock down the myth as busted, as you can see the duo Jamie and Adam when the show ends they usually walk away with a comment and in this case in the second video you can hear Jamie basically spilling the beans right there when he says "Hey what do you think if we'd put a couple of hundred pounds on that sucker."

The Adam's convention RFID "behind the scenes" story gives credibility to what is probably going on behind other episodes and myth on the show.

So back to HAARP, someone could rig some 10 generators onto those antennas, rewire some of the stuff, it can be jerry rigged for some kind of effect that the author would treat as a weapon whether or not you agree with it or even realize it, and just because the anntenas are designed for ELF doesn't mean you can't force other frequencies through them, it's just going to work very bad in terms of signal as a communication medium, but who says one would necessairly need the perfect conditions for it to be "good enough" for their purpose, there's so many possibilities, is a barrel of oil a weapon? If someone fills an aeroplane with a 1000 oil barrels and drops it down on your house is it not a weapon? You're getting yourself locked into a dead end when you try to completely eliminate all of these possibilities, I would rather just disagree with the extremely simplified, non-technical and context-less versions that some people throw around.

*) Hint: it isn't, regardless of what the many Alex Joneses out there may think.

Oh look I found one today while browsing my Steam Discovery Queue :megalol:

RNvsX9M.png

Edited by Worrazen

Some sort of directed energy source

HbRt04d.jpg

uqQbrtI.jpg

senwtgw.jpg

WHkpY0h.jpg

hPuPSK5.jpg

HX0gzwm.jpg

PiiVnLA.jpg

Edited by Worrazen