Joystick settings question

lepski

Hello everyone! I have the F-14 and F-18 modules and decided I want to focus on the F-18 in carrier landings and A2A combat. Just skip A2G for now until I get reasonably competent in A2A. I uses the Logitech 3D Pro for a joystick and between the buttons on the joystick, keyboard, and clickable cockpit I think I should be covered for everything needed in the A2A mod. At least I hope.

My question is what are the top commands I should have mapped to my joystick? Stuff like chaff/flare...etc...the basic top 12 commands.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Hello,

I've been flying the F/A-18C with the Extreme 3D Pro since release. Here are my recommendations:

All axis (pitch-roll-yaw) 15% Saturation (curvature) with 5% Deadzone.

Buttons 7-12 set as modifiers. You will use a lot of combo joystick presses but you can bind every single HOTAS command and some basic flight controls (read:flaps). You will run out of things to bind before you run out of available bindings. The rest responds to easy keyboard presses.

Enjoy.

Hello,

I've been flying the F/A-18C with the Extreme 3D Pro since release. Here are my recommendations:

All axis (pitch-roll-yaw) 15% Saturation (curvature) with 5% Deadzone.

Buttons 7-12 set as modifiers. You will use a lot of combo joystick presses but you can bind every single HOTAS command and some basic flight controls (read:flaps). You will run out of things to bind before you run out of available bindings. The rest responds to easy keyboard presses.

Enjoy.

Thank you for replying. Can you give me your list of A2A modifiers you use. Thanks.

The attached Excel sheet shows my control bindings on stick, throttle and button box. My throttle is a TM Warthog, my stick is a TM Warthog grip in a VIRPIL T-50 base, and the button box is from DSD.

The respective left-hand columns show the DCS commands while the right-hand columns show the name of the switch/control on the device.

It takes a lot of switches to operate this aircraft effectively. In combat I don't want to take my right hand off the stick in order to click a cockpit item. Also, I don't see that A/G requires additional switches.

PS: the attached Excel format is just a copied view. The workbook I use has several sheets with look-ups, and the relevant fields of these sheets are combined into a sheet "View" for presentation.

Input Config.zip

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5