Vehicle Upgrade Pack 1 for DCS:World

The mod creator needs to approach ED. Simple as that.

Is it possible for ED to make an announcement, Or promote the idea to give these modders a chance to come forward or they generally dont know? Its a place that really lacks to make a detailed mission or to set a scene (Situation) The whole modders asset pack could be made? Just a thought lots of potential

Sorry for being off topic.

Edited by Coxy_99

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beczl stopped Modding for this game a long time ago, this Mod was originally in .lom format and was converted to .edm format (with his agreement) to work in 1.2, but was not compatible with 1.5 and upwards, and nobody has the original 3dmax files to convert them. You cant convert them from the edm files, you need to 3dmax files, and Beczl has never said he would provide the 3dmax files, so I cant see any of these models ever being made compatible with DCS2.5.

There are many threads about it, the question reappears ever year or so.

Is it possible for ED to make an announcement, Or promote the idea to give these modders a chance to come forward or they generally dont know? Its a place that really lacks to make a detailed mission or to set a scene (Situation) The whole modders asset pack could be made? Just a thought lots of potential

Sorry for being off topic.

The creators can "transport" your 3D models to DCS by the EDM plugin, making proper changes on animations, texturing and lua code to work on DCS. when it done, need reach a quality level and "approach" to ED.

... need reach a quality level and "approach" to ED.

"Approach" ? :doh: That's ridiculous

Why the hell would anyone do this ?

For what kinda reasons ?

Especially those who making models highly above standards of ED

May the THRUST be with you

"Approach" ? :doh: That's ridiculous

Why the hell would anyone do this ?

For what kinda reasons ?

Especially those who making models highly above standards of ED

Take a look to the LB315 FIKfz 1500

https://bb-mapping-designs.de/community/include.php?path=article&contentid=376

9000 polygons 3D model on 3DS max. The details about all MOD vehicles has "low poly count", 3000-9000 polygons to insert on a MOH or other game.

Typical weapon or rack on DCS has 5000-15000 polygon, a aircraft reach to 200000-750000 polygons, a pilot 20000, a vehicle 20000 to 60000, a ship 230000 to 350000. And I dont count animations, damage models, etc.

I not talk about internal cockpits, I see 2 millions polygons on F-14 cockpit. And I dont talk about old LOMAC, FC, KA-50, A-10 old 3rd models, present into DCS and need update (Check the Vacant 3D model post).

Edited by Silver_Dragon