Shark on Tarawa

Anyone successfully created a mission with the Shark taking off from the Tarawa? I get a crash every time I try it. :-( I even used the USMC skin on the Shark lol.

Note: This is in 2.2.

Edited by Mad Dog 7.62

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

Nope, crash for me as well. Tried as a client/player starting from ramp, parking spot hot and runway. All cause a crashes in version 1.5.8.12823.414.

If set to AI, aircraft starts on the air with start from ramp option selected.

[ATTACH]175512[/ATTACH]

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

KA (client) + Tarawa = DCS CRASH

KA (IA) + Tarawa = as in the picture MVSGAS

UH1H (client or IA) + Tarawa = as in the picture MVSGAS. "IA" go to the sky, "Client" go to the sea

I have no idea what you are saying. :megalol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

Nope, crash for me as well. Tried as a client/player starting from ramp, parking spot hot and runway. All cause a crashes in version 1.5.8.12823.414.

If set to AI, aircraft starts on the air with start from ramp option selected.

[ATTACH]175512[/ATTACH]

I'm seeing this exact thing for the AI UH-60 too, I wonder if this affects all/some helicopters...

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

I tried the SA-342 with no luck either folks.

MODULES: A10C Warthog,AH-64 D APACHE,AJS Viggen,AV8B Harrier,BF109 K4,C101 Aviojet,F14 Tomcat,F15E Eagle,F16 Viper,F5 Tiger,F86 Sabre,FA18C Hornet,FW190A8,FW190D9,I16 Ishak,JF17 Thunder,KA50 Blackshark,L39Albatros,Mirage2000C,Mirage F-1,MI24P,MI8MVT2,MIG15BIS,MIG19P,MIG21BIS,Mosquito FB VI,P51D Mustang,P47D Thunderbolt,SA342 Gazell,SpitfireIX,TF51D,UH1H Huey,Yak52.

OTHER:Flamming cliffs,Combined Arms,WW2 Assets Pack,SuperCarrier.

TERRAINS: Nevada,Caucasus,Normandy,Persian Gulf,Syria,Channel,Marianas. 

it's early doors yet give it time,

just looking at the lha****.lua v's the .lua for the other carriers & ships it is written & executed ever so slightly differently so maybe a small change to how it gets called and interacts with the helo's,

it's defined as a "AircraftCarrier" and all the helo's have take off and Landing options set with "AircraftCarrier" so yeah something very small in a .lua or the naval database .lua's somewhere need changing

Edited by Dingo_Bob

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Modules are like Pokemon you gotta catch 'em all :joystick::lol::pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen7 3700x, G-Skills 32Gb RAM @ 3200Mhz, MSI GTX1080Ti, TM Warthog (20cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift, Track Ir5

it's early doors yet give it time,

just looking at the lha****.lua v's the .lua for the other carriers & ships it is written & executed ever so slightly differently so maybe a small change to how it gets called and interacts with the helo's,

it's defined as a "AircraftCarrier" and all the helo's have take off and Landing options set with "AircraftCarrier" so yeah something very small in a .lua or the naval database .lua's somewhere need changing

True that, I'll wait for DCS to sort the maritime out properly to properly designate ships properly and get them properly sorted.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

You can't. With any helicopter. I have UH-1H and KA-50. I am guessing that Gazelle would be same. Need to check AI, as CH-47, and CH-51 operate from LHA. Setting a start point on ramp (on deck) of Tarawa, places the helicopter in air adjacent to the ship. It is a bug, that hopefully will be addressed. I suspect , this happens, becouse DCS is programmed to place helicopters on deck of Kuz CV or Nimitz Class CVN, with their wider decks.

Anyone know if MV-22 is planned addition as AI only?

You can't. With any helicopter. I have UH-1H and KA-50. I am guessing that Gazelle would be same. Need to check AI, as CH-47, and CH-51 operate from LHA. Setting a start point on ramp (on deck) of Tarawa, places the helicopter in air adjacent to the ship. It is a bug, that hopefully will be addressed. I suspect , this happens, becouse DCS is programmed to place helicopters on deck of Kuz CV or Nimitz Class CVN, with their wider decks.

Anyone know if MV-22 is planned addition as AI only?

What MV-22?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.