Another Warthog extension question

I just found this forum post from a while back:

https://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/225157-thrustmaster-warthog-extension-and-absolute-aim/

And in it the user shows a metal collar / sleeve that fits over the metal pipe and allows the Gardena collars to grab onto and squeeze whilst screwing onto the joystick & base.

However, after 2 hours of googling, I can't find anything on what these are really called and where to find them.

I'm in the UK too.. if that's relevant or useful.

Please can someone help?

I want to make my own extension rod (either 22mm copper pipe, steel pipe or worst case UPVC pipe) and the Gardena connectors are now available on Amazon UK (finally).

Please can I get some help?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi didnt want to start another thread, what is the optimum "extension" length for the Warthog, I have seen (I think) huey pits with the extension from the floor to the seat, but it seems 10cm is the standard off the shelf extension?

I seem to be forever over compensating on the AV-8B with lots of small inputs and think it may be because an extension is in order.

(points for those who are childmen like myself who snigger at extensions and over compensating).

10-15cm max on the Warthog base is about right Mr. Burns. (In my opinion)

Anything longer than that and the throw is just so far that it feels wrong. The full deflection with a floor height extension would be way wider than your legs would comfortably accommodate.

If you need/desire a bigger extension than that I'd be looking for an alternative base, or building a gimbal of your own.

476th vFG Alumni

Hi didnt want to start another thread, what is the optimum "extension" length for the Warthog, I have seen (I think) huey pits with the extension from the floor to the seat, but it seems 10cm is the standard off the shelf extension?

I seem to be forever over compensating on the AV-8B with lots of small inputs and think it may be because an extension is in order.

(points for those who are childmen like myself who snigger at extensions and over compensating).

I have a 17.5 cm (approx) which are two of Milan's extensions. It feels pretty good to me. But I ave it on a base. I have to have it floor mounted so I can swap it out with a cyclic

BXiUvxC.jpg

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1