Yak-52 Discussion Thread

Eight Ball

• ED Team
Why use another trainer? If you crash you dont die and theres no economic loss neither.

I never understood why buy a trainer in a simulator game.

Im not against it entirely... but I will not buy it.

It started as a private contract for ED, ED was able to acquire permission to sell it for DCS World as well.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why use another trainer? If you crash you dont die and theres no economic loss neither.

I never understood why buy a trainer in a simulator game.

Im not against it entirely... but I will not buy it.

Because modules in DCS feature one of the best flight models for sims out there. Flying small little birds with a well made flight model is just fun. Just for the flyings sake. Death bringing bombs and destruction is not always necessary in order to have fun. :thumbup:

• Like 2

Because modules in DCS feature one of the best flight models for sims out there. Flying small little birds with a well made flight model is just fun. Just for the flyings sake. Death bringing bombs and destruction is not always necessary in order to have fun. :thumbup:

+1

I never understood why buy a trainer in a simulator game. Im not against it entirely... but I will not buy it.

It's not only a trainer, it's a very capable aerobatics performer. E.g. vertical performance is still among the best by todays standards.

Flying a perfect loop with a high powered piston powered plane requires a lot more ability than in a jet.

Looking very much forward to it as this plane is about pure flying!

i7-7700K 4.2GHz, 16GB, GTX 1070 

I fly one here in NZ, from an affordability perspective, they are cheap to run at around 60 litres per hour in the cruise and 80-100 litres per hour during aeros.

I'm interested in how well ED recreates the sound of the M14P radial engine which is just beautiful.

Question 1: Where do we host photos now to post here, have a couple to show the group.

Question 2: This game mode they talk about, I do hope they are not talking about downgrading the flight dynamics for the DCS version. Anyone know?

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

At least in Europe maintenance costs of the Yak-52 are extremely high. Since ED is particularly pround of the DCS flight dynamics, I can't imagine that this would be an area which will be dumbed down!

Edited by bbrz

Question 2: This game mode they talk about, I do hope they are not talking about downgrading the flight dynamics for the DCS version. Anyone know?

Game mode is just that, the arcade version without physics.

The mode is already in game. At least I remember the Ka-50 had it a few years back.

downgrading the flight dynamics for the DCS version

No, no. They're talking about DCS's internal game mode flight dynamics, which is a global value affecting all modules. It has nothing whatsoever to do with individual module FMs.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

550km range at 240km/h cruising speed = 2.3hrs flying time. That's considerable longer than with e.g. the F/A-18 ;)

The standard yak has 2 x 60 litre tanks for a total of 120 litres. My last flight this week was a 0.5 with a little aerobatics and used 40 litres. With 30 mins reserve for divert (and unusable) you have around 0.9 hours safe fuel. At 130 knots that's 117 NM.

Not very long legs my friend.

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

The standard yak has 2 x 60 litre tanks for a total of 120 litres. My last flight this week was a 0.5 with a little aerobatics and used 40 litres. With 30 mins reserve for divert (and unusable) you have around 0.9 hours safe fuel. At 130 knots that's 117 NM.

Well, I don't think that you did your aerobatics at cruise power and I have no idea why you calculate a 30min reserve for a diversion when you are flying VFR.

At the max endurance power setting the Yak-52 needs 42L/hr so your example has not much to do with the actual Yak-52 range.

Edited by bbrz

It isn't inverted, it's just the colors that are different.

That's what I mean. I didn't assume it was inverted since you can clearly see the numbers are not inverted. It just seems a bit confusing. I checked with other Russian planes and they are not that way so it seems it is specific to this plane. It just seems weird why blue as the ground and brown as the sky.

That's what I mean. I didn't assume it was inverted since you can clearly see the numbers are not inverted. It just seems a bit confusing. I checked with other Russian planes and they are not that way so it seems it is specific to this plane. It just seems weird why blue as the ground and brown as the sky.

There are a lot of 'Russian' planes with such AHs. The pitch scale simply moves into the opposite direction. The more you pull up into the blue sky, the more blue you will see (on the AH). :)

I can´t wait for the Yak..!!!

I imagine going on a reconnaissance mission in winter, passing Thksinkivali southward.

Just remember the guys who did that in '92 got shot down by Georgian SA-2! :music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Spudknocker DCS World YouTube Channel!!

RTX 2080 Ti - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - DCS on 1TB EVO 970 M.2 SSD - Logitech X56 HOTAS

Well, I don't think that you did your aerobatics at cruise power and I have no idea why you calculate a 30min reserve for a diversion when you are flying VFR.

At the max endurance power setting the Yak-52 needs 42L/hr so your example has not much to do with the actual Yak-52 range.

30 min reserve is required legally here in the US (VFR).

"Long life It is a waste not to notice that it is not noticed that it is milk in the title." Amazon.co.jp review for milk translated from Japanese

"Amidst the blue skies, A link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector..." - ACE COMBAT 4

"Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight"-Psalm 144:1 KJV

i5-4430 at 3.00GHz, 8GB RAM, GTX 1060 FE, Windows 7 x64