TILS does not work anymore

hilmerby

The TILS does not work any more. The system will give steering to LB. The green light will start to flash and then become steady. Everything seems to be normal up until 10KM. At 10KM just when the final descend will start, the TILS light will extinguish and everything is ****ed up. The system very often take me to a position some 200m to the side of the RWY. Sometimes not even crossing the centerline and at other occasions crossing the centerline at an Altiude of 200m. And of course: Still the yellow heading bug and the distance indicator does not point towards the LB (the AJS37_manual page 147).

• 2 weeks later...

Seems to be a problem related to Multiplayer.

Done some testing. In single mode only default RWY. Batumi 31, Kobuleti 25, Senaki 27, Kutaisi 26, Sukhumi 30, Gudauta 15 and Sochi 04. All of them was OK. Crossed the RWY at 70m.

In multiplayer. Kobuleti 26, Senaki 27 and Kutaisi 26. Crossed the RWY at about 200m and ended up 300-500 m to the left.

Sochi was a total mess. Never crossed the RWY at all, ended up some 2000m to the right.

In all cases (single and multiplayer) the green TILS light went OFF at 10 km (just as I got the final descend).

I made a recording of the approach to Sochi.

If you need more, feel free to contact me at stellan@hilmerby.com

Seems to be a problem related to Multiplayer.

Done some testing. In single mode only default RWY. Batumi 31, Kobuleti 25, Senaki 27, Kutaisi 26, Sukhumi 30, Gudauta 15 and Sochi 04. All of them was OK. Crossed the RWY at 70m.

In multiplayer. Kobuleti 26, Senaki 27 and Kutaisi 26. Crossed the RWY at about 200m and ended up 300-500 m to the left.

Sochi was a total mess. Never crossed the RWY at all, ended up some 2000m to the right.

In all cases (single and multiplayer) the green TILS light went OFF at 10 km (just as I got the final descend).

I made a recording of the approach to Sochi.

If you need more, feel free to contact me at stellan@hilmerby.com

It is not related to multiplayer, I had this issue in Single Player while flying the Red Flag campaign.Both Nellis and Lincoln were affected. I have also seen this happens during missions on Caucasus.

The TILS does not work any more. The system will give steering to LB. The green light will start to flash and then become steady. Everything seems to be normal up until 10KM. At 10KM just when the final descend will start, the TILS light will extinguish and everything is ****ed up. The system very often take me to a position some 200m to the side of the RWY. Sometimes not even crossing the centerline and at other occasions crossing the centerline at an Altiude of 200m. And of course: Still the yellow heading bug and the distance indicator does not point towards the LB (the AJS37_manual page 147).

However...

"Range: 100km in fair weather, signal strength may deteriorate in adverse weather conditions.

The localiser, due to the placement of the transmitter unit will diverge from the runway heading, yielding a 3° offset approach from the runway centreline. This leads to the localiser beam

intersecting the runway centreline at about 900 metres away from the runway threshold. As a

result, the TILS system cannot be used the last portion of the approach, however the runway

should be in sight at that distance and altitude."

Does this help at all? That manual is a piece of work

TILS does not work anymore

I have seen behavior with the TILS that isn’t right, just that I haven’t been able to reliably reproduce it. If I can’t do that and I go in and change stuff I might make it worse. Do we know if any airbase in particular is affected? A replay track would be ideal, and if you start in the air they are pretty reliable for at least a few minutes. It’s when you taxi on the ground they immediately deviate.

Edited by RagnarDa

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

• 4 weeks later...

Was able to reproduce the issue now. Probably related to me overzealously trying to fix the issue with TILS-light being on after you have landed. Fix in next patch probably. Thanks all!

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.