VRK - a virtual reality enabled kneeboard with touch and ink support

AMVI_Rider

VRK - a virtual reality enabled kneeboard with touch and ink support  

169 members have voted

1. 1. VRK - a virtual reality enabled kneeboard with touch and ink support

• Yes
    • No

Yes it was supposed to be out some weeks ago (I recorded it already), but the concept of configuration will change quite a bit with the introduction of the profiles.

I will do another one with the new version.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Author of DCSMP and VRK

Ryzen 5 3600X - 32GB DD4 3200C14 Win10 64 - Geforce GTX 1080Ti

Hotas Warhog + Virpil T-50 base - Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals - Cougar MFCDs - Custom head tracker

35" UWQHD main display + 22" MFCD/Helios display / Rift S

2x256 GB SSD - 2Tb Caviar Green

Hi there. Great tool! I love it so far. One thing I noticed, though, is the page size. All diagrams and charts I can download from websites like AirNav have a page size of 137 x 210 mm. This seems to be the standard kneeboard page size (at least in the US). The page isze in VRK seems to be wider though which results in a "fat" picture of all those diagrams/charts as the width is stretched. Would it be possible to have the page size being defined so that it matches with this format?

Just checking: You did jump in a jet, right?

Because it won't show the Mission Kneeboard in the Role Selection or in Spectator Mode.

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

if u have your mission file not in saved games/DCS/missions folder

e. g. flying a single mission of a campaign, the automatic insert might not work. but u of course can manually load the missions pages via the DCS icon

I may have overlooked something but any way to “hide” the knee board in a similar way as EDs?

Played around with brightness but it didn’t work. I can start with it set to “0” but as soon as I turn it up to view it’ll only go back down to translucent but not completely invisible.

Thanks

Hi there. Great tool! I love it so far. One thing I noticed, though, is the page size. All diagrams and charts I can download from websites like AirNav have a page size of 137 x 210 mm. This seems to be the standard kneeboard page size (at least in the US). The page isze in VRK seems to be wider though which results in a "fat" picture of all those diagrams/charts as the width is stretched. Would it be possible to have the page size being defined so that it matches with this format?

Hi, content panel is defined around the DIN A5 aspect ratio, but the content is expected to keep aspect ratio. white content should be added. I will check for regressions!

I may have overlooked something but any way to “hide” the knee board in a similar way as EDs?

Played around with brightness but it didn’t work. I can start with it set to “0” but as soon as I turn it up to view it’ll only go back down to translucent but not completely invisible.

Thanks

You are looking for "Toggle VR" function.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Author of DCSMP and VRK

Hotas Warhog + Virpil T-50 base - Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals - Cougar MFCDs - Custom head tracker

Wishlist item:

When building tabs, can the option Move to Top / bottom be added on the right click menu? Right now it has move up or down. A lot of times my kneeboard has a lot of tabs. I would like move to top / bottom, or the ability to drag a tab to a certain spot. I'm a little OCD and like to have the TABS in a certain order.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

any chance this can be added to people without VR ? people that uses monitors/trackir lol

This is something that I have in mind since the very beginning of the project.

Without some technical support from ED it becomes a huge effort. Nothing impossible, but simply not worth the amount of time to spend on it, moreover considering alternative solutions are already there as Neon pointed out (+ pen and paper).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Author of DCSMP and VRK

1.2.3.08 Version is now available for download

This version introduces the support for configuration profiles which are meant to ease the configuration for multiple use scenarios (i.e. flying multiple aircrafts/scenarios) and the setup of OculusVR for "other" sims/games.

Pen cursor code has been improved. If the cursor does not appear please check Cursor Size in profile and set to a value larger than 16.

Changelog:

[NEW] Profiles

[NEW] Custom driver auto reconnection

[FIX] DCS hook installation doesn't create Hooks directory if missing

[NEW] Check if AV removed OVR launcher files

[CHG] Improved pen tip handling for WinTab

[FIX] Custom Driver proper handling of proximity and air movement

[NEW] New pen cursor code

[FIX] Custom driver proximity & air movement

Official download location: https://www.amvi.it/download429-vr-kneeboard.html

Donation link: https://tinyurl.com/vrk-donate

I would like to thank again all VRK supporters for their donations and suggestions!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Author of DCSMP and VRK

Stylus not working correctly

Hi,

Just downloaded the latest version of you excellent kneeboard. Unfortunately whilst the previous version been working perfectly, taking inputs from my Wacom Bamboo, I now have to press hard to get any input from the stylus onto the kneeboard. This change makes the taking of quick notes impossible as it is the intermittent at best. What has changed?:(

Regards

Probably because the max pressure is not reported correctly.

Latest version introduced hysteresis on pen tip to reduce click bouncing.

Long story short: to disable hysteresis just switch to relative buttons. Can you send me the log file (via pm) so I can check the max pressure value?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Author of DCSMP and VRK

any chance this can be added to people without VR ? people that uses monitors/trackir lol

Well, to get back to this point... Basicly you can use it... If you have it on another display, you can write on the WACOM panel while still send the writing to the Monitor. Dooing that all the time while testing out new features for Rider.

If you want to use it on your main screen, Rider could maybe implement a function so it's shown above all windows (like Task Manager or the Configuration tool of VAICOM), but this might require to run DCS in Window mode. And it will block a lot of the view.

Another way is to use a surface Pro (or any Windows Tablet) and just use it there without any link to DCS what-so-ever.. Still a usable kneeboard you can load PDF's on.

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR

Ciao Rider..grande software.

Can you help me to put the virtual kneeboard on the left leg?i am left handed and also with a center stick is not possible to have the tablet on the right leg.

I tried to modify the layout alone but the kneeboard disappeared

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Not at my computer right now, but just go into the setting and look for the XYZ[m] settings. Just swap +- one by one and test if it jumps to the left side. I assume it's the X Value --> -0.25.

Not at my computer right now, but just go into the setting and look for the XYZ[m] settings. Just swap +- one by one and test if it jumps to the left side. I assume it's the X Value --> -0.25.

That's correct ... you will also need to play with yaw and roll for the orientation.

Or wait for the 1.3 that will include two kneeboards :music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Author of DCSMP and VRK

You are looking for "Toggle VR" function.

Today was the first time I've had a chance to try this. I've tried multiple ways (button on my wacom and button on my warthog hotas) and nothing seems to work.

Whats the "trick" to toggle VR on/off?

Edited by Snoopy

Today was the first time I've had a chance to try this. I've tried multiple ways (button on my wacom and button on my warthog hotas) and nothing seems to work.

Are you on Oculus or StreamVR? I read that it is a streamvr feature at the moment.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

That would explain it then.

Might not really help you Snoopy - sorry, but that feature is working fine here with my Reverb.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Oculus implementation has a bug preventing that function to work. Gruman reported few days ago.

Fixed in the upcoming 1.2.3.10 which is already packed and will be released soon.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Author of DCSMP and VRK