The DCS Updater / Launcher GUI Utility Version 2.0 (2023+)

The Updater will flag up "Unable to read logbook.lua file" when I click pilot stats refresh?? I'm clicking refresh because it always reads "No data".

My Hangar:

F16C | FA18C | AH64D | F14A/B | M2000C | AV8B | A10C/ii | KA50/iii | UH1H | Gazelle | FC3 | CA | Supercarrier

My Spec:

Obsidian750D Airflow | Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K | 32GB DDR4 Vengeance @3600 | RTX3080 12GB OC | ZXR PCIe | WD Black 2TB SSD | Log X56 | Log G502 | TrackIR | 1 badass mutha

6 hours ago, DAZnBLAST said:

The Updater will flag up "Unable to read logbook.lua file" when I click pilot stats refresh?? I'm clicking refresh because it always reads "No data".

Is the Saved Games Folder Properly Set?

Granted, that will be automatic in the next version.

Edited by SkateZilla
  • Like 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I found in the advanced updater options, updater extra settings.

Purge Shader Cache (sim and user profile) after update

Launch repair after shader purge to re-compile.

What shader cahce is this purging besides the fxo and metashader2 folders? It wanted to delete at least 4 folders.

Thanks

• Like 1

8600K|64 GB 3200|4090|m.2

http://www.blacksharkden.com/

Come join us!

Update for 7.24.2023 / 2.0.0.34
(Will be online shortly, storm knocked out power).

- Corrected UGRA Media Name & Modules.
- If dcs_variant.txt is in Sim Folder, Build Scanner Auto Sets User Profile Folder to That Directory for Slot.
  (If dcs_variant.txt is not present, App will check and set default path by Branch Name, \DCS\ or \DCS.openbeta\ etc.)
  (User input is no longer required to set \SG Folder\ at this point unless using a preview or unlisted branch)
- Merged Normandy 1 and Normandy 2 into Single Panel (Graphics and Info will populate based on build #).
- Adjusted Module's Version Eligibility Check Order and Log Readouts.
- Adjusted Main UI Form Name.
- Added App Settings Save Button and App Local Data Folder Button to App Settings.
- Adjusted System Screen Scan for X.DPI and Y.DPI
- Added Log Menu Option to Temporarily Expand Console / Log Window. 
  (Log will Expand Across the Lower 1/4 of App and Increase Font Size, will auto collapse back when cursor leaves the log control).
- Renamed Log Menu Controls for uniformity.
- Added Bird Density to Terrain Preset Editor Tab.
- 1st Stage of Adding Preset Memory Per Build (May Have Exception Issues if Config File is Missing/Moved By App or Sim.)
- Re-Ordered Startup and Build Scan Functions to incorporate Preset Memory Per Build.
- Restructured Preset Compare Dialog when Leaving Editor Tab, will list changed values. (Not Added to Server Settings Yet)
- Fixed Typo in App Settings Screen.
- Adjusted Preset Off Behavior.
- Adjusted Preset Files Check on App Launch if DCS Process is Running.
- Unfinished Mods Manager Controls/Code Backed Up/Separated and Purged from App.
- Adjusted/Sorted Load Order for Preset Editor Vars.
- Move/Renamed User Prev. Preset Editor Vars and Made them uniform w/ Global Vars
- Added Sim/Game Mode Preset Controls (Not Enabled Yet).
- Adjusted Tool Tips for some Global Preset Buttons (Server Presets aren't active, Some GFX Presets are also not active.)
- Separated Stable/Open Beta Change Logs Link on Adv. Updater Tab / References.
- Controls Added and Activated for Camera's and Views Tab.
- Rewrote Clear Preset Value from Memory Function when Loading/Switching Preset.
- Rewrote User Prev. Value Saving/Loaded (Now remembers prev. positions of all controls).
- The Last Show Campaign Information Added.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

41 minutes ago, Sting57 said:

I still have v .31 (maybe.32) is there a correct method to update to the latest version that ensures i don't loose my current settings?

All builds are attached to the first post.

4 minutes ago, Sting57 said:

Yes, sorry i meant should i uninstall the current one and reinstall the new version, or just paste the new version over the old version? etc

just overwrite the old version.

• Like 2

Hello,

thanks for this work ! I was waiting for this new version long time ago 🙂  

in the 1.x versions, I was able to run a separate dcs installation folder for the "server" mode and another one for the client mode, is it still possible ?   because I see in the "process" icons, that there's one for "server process", but I never see any process running from here ...

thanks in advance for your support !

Hi SkateZilla,

great work. Looks good so far.

Does anybody know how to link the SteamVR-Client? Steam creates its own shortcut like "steam://rungameid/250820". At the Advanced Launcher Option Tab i can only browse the directory. Unfortunately there is no single .exe to point to.

Thanks.

Move along.....nothing to see here

On 7/24/2023 at 2:04 AM, SkateZilla said:

Is the Saved Games Folder Properly Set?

Granted, that will be automatic in the next version.

It is now, I had the actual Saved Games folder set instead of the next level down > Open Beta. Now works, thank you SkateZilla 

My Hangar:

F16C | FA18C | AH64D | F14A/B | M2000C | AV8B | A10C/ii | KA50/iii | UH1H | Gazelle | FC3 | CA | Supercarrier

My Spec:

Obsidian750D Airflow | Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K | 32GB DDR4 Vengeance @3600 | RTX3080 12GB OC | ZXR PCIe | WD Black 2TB SSD | Log X56 | Log G502 | TrackIR | 1 badass mutha

9 hours ago, winch20010 said:

Hello,

thanks for this work ! I was waiting for this new version long time ago 🙂  

in the 1.x versions, I was able to run a separate dcs installation folder for the "server" mode and another one for the client mode, is it still possible ?   because I see in the "process" icons, that there's one for "server process", but I never see any process running from here ...

thanks in advance for your support !

SERVER Process Button is for the Dedicated Server App.

You can still run regular DCS as Dedicated Server using the Dedicated Server Button, and Giving it a separate SG Path.
Set the Dedicated Server options, and enable Customer Write folder, enter the Write Folder Name (ie DEDICATEDSERV). 
Click Launch Dedicated Server Mode.

image.png

5 hours ago, AirWalK said:

Hi SkateZilla,

great work. Looks good so far.

Does anybody know how to link the SteamVR-Client? Steam creates its own shortcut like "steam://rungameid/250820". At the Advanced Launcher Option Tab i can only browse the directory. Unfortunately there is no single .exe to point to.

Thanks.

SteamVR should be auto detected by the app.

Should be in Program Files (or Program Files(x86))   "\Steam\steamapps\common\SteamVR\bin\win64\vrmonitor.exe"

• Like 2

With the new Version 2.0.0.34 i can't select my Presets.

Seems like it doesn't find / like my saved games folder any more. "SG Path: Not Configured" doesn't change when i select it.

Back to V2.0.0.33 it works again.

Edited by Sile

42 minutes ago, Sile said:

With the new Version 2.0.0.34 i can't select my Presets.

Seems like it doesn't find / like my saved games folder any more. "SG Path: Not Configured" doesn't change when i select it.

Back to V2.0.0.33 it works again.

please attach log.

SG Folder should be auto set based on the dcs_variant file, if dcs_variant is not in the DCS Path, it will auto set and check for the default paths that DCS Should be using.

Version 34: Maybe a little bug:

Updater Extra Settings:
The Launch Sim After Update has a dropdown menu visible which partly covers the Launch Sim After Update text + when moving the mouse over it comes with the text "Set A-10 License"

image.png

Edited by Lange_666

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Another confusing message:
When entering the Graphics Preset Editor and then selecting another tab "without making any changes on whatever preset", the utility comes up with the next message:

image.png

None of the above setting have been changed or touched, just entering the tab and selecting another tab gives a warning about unsaved and changed values.

Edited by Lange_666

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

36 minutes ago, Lange_666 said:

Version 34: Maybe a little bug:

Updater Extra Settings:
The Launch Sim After Update has a dropdown menu visible which partly covers the Launch Sim After Update text + when moving the mouse over it comes with the text "Set A-10 License"

image.png

Thanks, may have been a mis-link in tooltip database

Also what's your DPI Settings as the text on several items appears to be bigger than they are supposed to be.
image.png

25 minutes ago, Lange_666 said:

Another confusing message:
When entering the Graphics Preset Editor and then selecting another tab "without making any changes on whatever preset", the utility comes up with the next message:

image.png

None of the above setting have been changed or touched, just entering the tab and selecting another tab gives a warning about unsaved and changed values.

Can You Attach log file?
I may need to put more vars in the compare routine, 
as it maybe reporting those values changed because their weren't loaded at all.

Aspect Ratio may change as the decimal that it's calculated to has changed.

Edited by SkateZilla

vor einer Stunde schrieb SkateZilla:

please attach log.

SG Folder should be auto set based on the dcs_variant file, if dcs_variant is not in the DCS Path, it will auto set and check for the default paths that DCS Should be using.

Log attached, thank you. DCS saved games is in "C:\Users\matth\Saved Games\DCS". Can't see a dcs_variant file.

ED Updater Utility v2.log

Edited by Sile

Log attached, thank you. DCS saved games is in "C:\Users\matth\Saved Games\DCS". Can't see a dcs_variant file.
ED Updater Utility v2.log
If that's the Stable version, it should not have a dcs_variant.txt. Or if it does, it should be empty. Because that's the default, and will make the "DCS" folder in Saved Games.
(Unless you have converted Stable to OB).
OpenBeta has the file by default, and the only text in it is "openbeta", hence making the "DCS.openbeta" folder in Saved Games.

Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

38 minutes ago, Sile said:

ED Updater Utility v2.log 80.4 kB · 1 download

07.25.2023 | 07:22:33  | SCAN     | OpenBeta DCS VARIANT FILE DETECTED
07.25.2023 | 07:22:33  | SCAN     | OpenBeta Variant Path File Not Found
07.25.2023 | 07:22:33  | SCAN     | OpenBeta Auto-Setting Default User Profile Path
07.25.2023 | 07:22:33  | SCAN     | OpenBeta User Profile Path, Open Beta Branch

Log is saying it's finding a DCS_Variant, and then it's saying the DCS_Variant file path doesnt exist, so it sets it automatically to DCS.openbeta, as then that's not found.

Can you attach the dcs_variant.txt from \DCS\ Folder

Edited by SkateZilla

vor 2 Minuten schrieb SkateZilla:
07.25.2023 | 07:22:33  | SCAN     | OpenBeta DCS VARIANT FILE DETECTED
07.25.2023 | 07:22:33  | SCAN     | OpenBeta Variant Path File Not Found
07.25.2023 | 07:22:33  | SCAN     | OpenBeta Auto-Setting Default User Profile Path
07.25.2023 | 07:22:33  | SCAN     | OpenBeta User Profile Path, Open Beta Branch

Log is saying it's finding a DCS_Variant, and then it's saying the DCS_Variant file path doesnt exist, so it sets it automatically to DCS.openbeta, as then that's not found.

Can you attach the dcs_variant.txt from \DCS\ Folder

It is a Openbeta version. Converted from stable some years ago. No dcs_variant.txt in the DCS Folder.

(Manually selecting the Saved Games - DCS folder also doesn‘t work.)

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Sile said:

It is a Openbeta version. Converted from stable some years ago. No dcs_variant.txt in the DCS Folder.

(Manually selecting the Saved Games - DCS folder also doesn‘t work.)

it's stating it's finding one, I'll have to double check the logging, they maybe a false found line.
DCS.openbeta branch converted from stable is prolly the mis-connect, as it's seeing branch as openbeta in the builds cfg file,
I may have to add an extra work around

Easiest fix is to rename SG Folder from \DCS\ to \DCS.openbeta\

Edited by SkateZilla

@SkateZilla I was also having the same SG Path: Not Configured problem as @Sile.  My Log File is attached below.

I have since reverted back to the V2.0.0.33 build and SG Path: is showing up again. 

FYI #1 : I have 3 Builds of DCS and I thought it was interesting that the SG Path did get picked up for the DCS Legacy 1.5 Branch using the Latest v.2.0.0.34

FYI#2:  My Windows Saved Games Folder has always been on my G: Drive - I Moved it using the built in Windows Properties Location Move... funciton. While checking the DCSUpdater Utility logs I noticed that DCSUpdate Utility Folder with the Bakup folder and Logs was not in G:\Saved Games. Instead it is in Windows Default Location of  C:\Users\JOHNF\Saved Games\DCS Updater Utility

My DCS Saved games Paths are:

1. SLOT #1 Primary 2.8 Beta  G:\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta
  2. SLOT #2 TEST 2.x Stable G:\Saved Games\DCS
  3. SLOT #3 Legacy 1.5 G:\Saved Games\DCS.1_5

Love the Utility - Hope this info helps..   - First World Problem for me.. cheers! 

(2.0.0.34)ED Updater Utility v2.log

• Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

4 minutes ago, YSIAD_RIP said:

@SkateZilla I was also having the same SG Path: Not Configured problem as @Sile.  My Log File is attached below.

I have since reverted back to the V2.0.0.33 build and SG Path: is showing up again. 

FYI #1 : I have 3 Builds of DCS and I thought it was interesting that the SG Path did get picked up for the DCS Legacy 1.5 Branch using the Latest v.2.0.0.34

FYI#2:  My Windows Saved Games Folder has always been on my G: Drive - I Moved it using the built in Windows Properties Location Move... funciton. While checking the DCSUpdater Utility logs I noticed that DCSUpdate Utility Folder with the Bakup folder and Logs was not in G:\Saved Games. Instead it is in Windows Default Location of  C:\Users\JOHNF\Saved Games\DCS Updater Utility

My DCS Saved games Paths are:

1. SLOT #1 Primary 2.8 Beta  G:\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta
  2. SLOT #2 TEST 2.x Stable G:\Saved Games\DCS
  3. SLOT #3 Legacy 1.5 G:\Saved Games\DCS.1_5

Love the Utility - Hope this info helps..   - First World Problem for me.. cheers! 

(2.0.0.34)ED Updater Utility v2.log 46.01 kB · 0 downloads

Were any of these builds converted?
that seems to be the unforeseen issue I need to add a work around for,

if you converted from one to another, DCS continues to use the existing SG Path, but the Sim Scan function sets it based on the branch name if the DCS_Variant TXT file is not present.

I will likely add a 3rd exception if the path is not found to re-try the user set path.

.34 completely ignores the user set paths currently, which is why .33 works.

I believe in your case it's Seeing the dcs_variant file and having issues with the "." or the "_", I'll have to test those characters on my end.,