When can we expect to see a Data link rework

TaxDollarsAtWork

On the Su-27 store page “Updated Head Down Display (HDD) with more realistic data link and navigation mode”

Oddly enough I couldn’t find it on the Su-33 store page. But you are right that it doesn’t specifically mention MP, and I guess “more realistic” can mean a lot things. I do think ED does intend to fix it eventually. However I think people will be disappointed, AFAIK it only works on Flankers in your flight(up to four.) I’m not sure if working it would connect any two Flankers, so I understand how it may not be the highest priority as it would function best in squadron

That's because it was banned in MP because F-15 fanboys considered it to be OP in early Blue Flags. So ED stopped developing it. Funny thing is.. now that they have it in the F-18 it's not considered OP anymore. How can you not hate double standards?

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

The reallity is quite simpler : FC3 do not bring any incoming to ED anymore, so their coders and engineers are employed in modules that create revenues to the company and pay off their salaries as well :smilewink:

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

The reallity is quite simpler : FC3 do not bring any incoming to ED anymore,

Ah, it's for that reason they are doing (FC4) MAC

so their coders and engineers are employed in modules that create revenues to the company and pay off their salaries as well :smilewink:

And who is doing (FC4) ? You ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

+1 Please its so nice in Single Player we need in MP, remember flankers are the F-18, F-16, F-15 historic real deal opponent here in dcs, those US planes they need their nemesis working like a charm, otherwise this will become a US PLANE SIMULATOR, look at that AMRAAM update? 20% more range......give flankers just a little love once in a while.

• Like 4

• 11 months later...

I’m onboard with this thread....ED please fix DL in MP. If a red Viper is flying with a red SU-33, make the DL work please.

Side note, the money...I understand this to be a cheap module. I wish ED would just be transparent and ask for money instead of putting it on the back burner....

State what is development above and beyond what was originally sold and offer that as an add on cost.

Kind of like the upgrade price to the A-10C II Tank killer...except do it as a refundable pre-sale... “We need $15,000 to develop xxx” and we get to see the live presale revenue amount vs the goal on the website, if the goal is achieved, we get what we paid for, if the funding doesn’t hit the goal, we get refunds. This allows us, the customers to fund a program... like a full fidelity Warsaw jet. 

But when it comes to a working DL in MP, yea, I think that should be working and is probably and easy fix...but I’d be willing to pay a few bucks to push it through; I’m reasonable.

1 hour ago, jwbflyer said:

If a red Viper is flying with a red SU-33, make the DL work please.

No money will get you this. Between Sukhois - ok.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

On 12/17/2020 at 7:05 AM, jwbflyer said:

I’m onboard with this thread....ED please fix DL in MP. If a red Viper is flying with a red SU-33, make the DL work please.

Side note, the money...I understand this to be a cheap module. I wish ED would just be transparent and ask for money instead of putting it on the back burner....

State what is development above and beyond what was originally sold and offer that as an add on cost.

Kind of like the upgrade price to the A-10C II Tank killer...except do it as a refundable pre-sale... “We need $15,000 to develop xxx” and we get to see the live presale revenue amount vs the goal on the website, if the goal is achieved, we get what we paid for, if the funding doesn’t hit the goal, we get refunds. This allows us, the customers to fund a program... like a full fidelity Warsaw jet. 

But when it comes to a working DL in MP, yea, I think that should be working and is probably and easy fix...but I’d be willing to pay a few bucks to push it through; I’m reasonable.

It sounds to me like you hate your money.

I was not charged again when Peer to Peer and JHMCS was added to the F/A-18 or when a higher quality flight model was given to the MiG-29

Now, if ED suddenly decided it wants to take the 1985 spec Su-27S and change it to a 2004 Su-27SM1 or 2009 Su-27SM3 it would be much more comparable to the A-10C II upgrade and I'd be more than happy to give money for that paid upgrade.

Right now it would be better if they completely model the baseline one they promised was feature complete years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

re Tax's post above I would pay for a Hi fidelity version of the Su27/33 . Its good to have different opponents ie not everyone in Blue planes,  and Im sure Im not alone in being willing to financially support the game. 

Ps happy New Year Everyone .)

Edited by Cantankerous

• 2 weeks later...