[REPORTED] Tacan/ ILS crash

Bagpipe

Sorry but can't seem to find the .dmp file or any log showing the incident but twice i have selected T-ILS, entered 78x for bdr abbas, entered the frequency (what is it 117.20? or something) and when i hit enter it flashes for a second and then the whole sim crashes but requires an END TASK to get out of and does not generate a report.

Hopefully you can replicate and look into it.

Looking good in general though guys loving the feel of it :thumbup:

EDIT: This was in ME on PG map

Edited by BIGNEWY

No crash here, sorry. Maybe try cleaning up your install, repair maybe.

It just happened to me. At the same reported frequency.

DCS froze. That was the picture of the moment it crashed.

71744282_486065715567228_919739913266528256_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_eui2=AeEyeoyT3igcQEz9hkqPp_qo3mBVjIeqhTHe4Qx3bR4fSR7V0aZwzmRvAI25Sn0I8FuBEuLxWfPoLwwyaq1KAKLrrplPJR9JvyZ9S1zsnTh1_g&_nc_oc=AQnQCD4FNfZqf5Xad0k0oapKyMACLh3z5lvdKUgsb5PDiRTs2sJN1JqoySoym1_R26QurJpdxygjxj5vJTjqp0aA&_nc_ht=scontent.fmao1-1.fna&oh=275cca7f51a55bee143f43a5f6ab5dd9&oe=5E28F002

Persian Gulf MP AG AA Kish Alvos leve (Dia).miz

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

Just did the AMRAAM mission on nevada RTB'd with an ILS to Creech AFB. Landed and on taxi to ramp i dobbered to the frequency and hit the enter button on UFC and it froze again. It is purely an issue with the enter button on the frequency input.

Strangely didn't do it the first time though which allowed me to land with the ILS guidance this time

Edited by Bagpipe

Seems to happen the second time you hit enter button after trying to select a freq. moving the rocker down to the FRQ window of the DED T-ILS.

I know you should enter the frq in the numpad/area which is highlighted at the start but the bug is relatedtot the FRQ part of the DED eg moving the rocker to FRQ and then pressing enter.

So in essence the bug occurs since ppl are trying to insert the frq in the wrong part of the DED

Edited by Bravo

Happened to me yesterday once as well.

I remember I pressed ICP Enter while the ILS DED frequency entry was active, and I didn't change the frequency.

I was able to change the frequency, but this was "a second" Enter after a moment with the ILS page open.

Sometimes I Amaze even Myself!

• ED Team

Good morning all,

I have reproduced this hard lock / crash and reported it to the team

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

[REPORTED]Pressing enter on ILS channel option with nothing entered causes game crash

I will break down the process to reproduce this crash:

1) Press Button 1 (T-ILS) on the ICP

2) Use data control switch down to select ILS option on the DED

3) Press the Enter key on the ICP

This causes the game to instantly crash every time.