Operation Snowfox - Persian Gulf PvE Playground - Page 18 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-25-2019, 10:06 PM   #171
Surrexen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinni View Post
Can you tell me where these files are in the root and what there named?
I dont think its generating these files and if not is there a way to manually crate them and put what target's were killed into the lua's to load next time? Thanks
SnowfoxUnitInterment.lua (list of the dead units)
SnowfoxStaticInterment.lua (list of the dead statics)

If the files have not been generated, it is likely an issue with permissions. If they don't generate, they won't write/update either so I wouldn't bother making them manually. They get put into the root DCS installation folder (not the saved games folder).
Surrexen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 09:33 AM   #172
dark_wood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinni View Post
Can you tell me where these files are in the root and what there named?
I dont think its generating these files and if not is there a way to manually crate them and put what target's were killed into the lua's to load next time? If you have Tacview running do you think it my be preventing the 2 files from being written ? Thanks
I had the same issue - solved by opening DCS in administrator mode: right click DCS shortcut, then click "Run as administrator"
dark_wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 11:14 AM   #173
sirrah

I think I missed something here

Do I now have the ability to save Snowfox progress and continue on my next DCS session?

I checked the OP and read back a few pages of this thread, but couldn't find information on this. Could someone please point out to me how to activate this? Right now I always start the mission from scratch (which is no punishment, but to be able to save progress would be fantastic
System specs: Core i7-8700k - GTX 1080ti - Z370 - 32gb DDR4 - Oculus Rift cv1 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) - Pointctrl <-- must have for VR users!! - Fully adjustable DIY playseat
sirrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 12:17 PM   #174
Surrexen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirrah View Post
I think I missed something here

Do I now have the ability to save Snowfox progress and continue on my next DCS session?

I checked the OP and read back a few pages of this thread, but couldn't find information on this. Could someone please point out to me how to activate this? Right now I always start the mission from scratch (which is no punishment, but to be able to save progress would be fantastic
Go back through the thread and look at the bit talking about the de-sanitizing process. If you do that the mission saves progress by itself now.
Old 10-27-2019, 12:41 PM   #175
Digitalvole

I think it’s page 10
Digitalvole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 02:32 PM   #176
sirrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digitalvole View Post
I think it’s page 10
Ahh yes I found it

(stopped my search back through this thread around page 12 )
System specs: Core i7-8700k - GTX 1080ti - Z370 - 32gb DDR4 - Oculus Rift cv1 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) - Pointctrl <-- must have for VR users!! - Fully adjustable DIY playseat
sirrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 03:39 PM   #177
Quae Tinnungulus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surrexen View Post
SnowfoxUnitInterment.lua (list of the dead units)
SnowfoxStaticInterment.lua (list of the dead statics)

If the files have not been generated, it is likely an issue with permissions. If they don't generate, they won't write/update either so I wouldn't bother making them manually. They get put into the root DCS installation folder (not the saved games folder).

Yes I think it was a permission problem, I tried running in Admin but didn't generate file's. I tried to change permissions for DCS but wasn't sure how to do it correctly I dug up some info on installing DCS outside of \program files\ in windows to have more control over DCS and that worked. After reinstalling DCS outside program files in the root directory and running snowfox both files appeared in DCS's root directory. Great mission , thanks to you and all that helped getting persistence to work .
Old 10-28-2019, 03:32 AM   #178
Surrexen

Question for you Snowfoxers ... who would be interested in a playground for the Sabre and MiG-15 ... some sort of Korean War thing built on Caucasus as a stand in map since there is no Korean map?

Edit: Oh yeah also I will add Huey's to Snowfox and Clear Field ... will probably wait for JF-17 to drop before I add that stuff in for next update.

Last edited by Surrexen; 10-28-2019 at 03:35 AM.
Old 10-28-2019, 03:47 AM   #179
daarseth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surrexen View Post
Question for you Snowfoxers ... who would be interested in a playground for the Sabre and MiG-15 ... some sort of Korean War thing built on Caucasus as a stand in map since there is no Korean map?

Edit: Oh yeah also I will add Huey's to Snowfox and Clear Field ... will probably wait for JF-17 to drop before I add that stuff in for next update.
I enjoy Snowfox just the way it is sir, have made a few modifications on my end to make the single player experience just a bit different, but very minor modifications. As long as you don't take this away from me somehow, you do that voodoo that you do sir!

Cheers,

Don

Airframes: A10C, F/A-18C, F-14B, FC3, Combined Arms. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR
daarseth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 04:07 AM   #180
Twwhitey

Quote:
Originally Posted by daarseth View Post
I enjoy Snowfox just the way it is sir, have made a few modifications on my end to make the single player experience just a bit different, but very minor modifications. As long as you don't take this away from me somehow, you do that voodoo that you do sir!

Cheers,

Don
Completely agree.. I’ve been playing this mission non-stop every day off-and-on for several weeks now... it’s awesome... Im slowly grinding away at the enemy thanks to the addition of persistence. I’ve made a few tweaks myself (added some user flags to allow adjustment to the number of active enemy caps, tweaked the default load outs & added a few A-10s and F-16s to the Khasab airbase).

One thing I’ve been looking into is augmenting the “Other” menu to add the ability to select a specific mission but I’ve had a thought...

Surrexen do you think it’s technically possible to add the current active mission number as a variable exported to a persistent file? As a single player I find myself getting assigned a mission, spend a decent amount of time whittling away at the defenses (sometimes multiple sorties) then essentially run out of playtime to actually finish that mission.. I’d love have that mission number saved so when I load up again later I’m assigned that last mission so I can sort of pick up where I left off... based on what you know is that even possible?