Operation Snowfox - Persian Gulf PvE Playground - Page 17 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-24-2019, 10:39 AM   #161
Viking 1-1

I have the mission a try yesterday.

Very cool with all the voiceovers! But for me the F-16 is still too limited, according to all the "Destroy AAA" missions and all the Sams I had.

So I guess I will try the Hornet next time, since I have more options against all the air defences...
Viking 1-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 11:15 AM   #162
TrollingThunder

Did you try to request sead support?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
TrollingThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 12:04 PM   #163
Surrexen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking 1-1 View Post
I have the mission a try yesterday.

Very cool with all the voiceovers! But for me the F-16 is still too limited, according to all the "Destroy AAA" missions and all the Sams I had.

So I guess I will try the Hornet next time, since I have more options against all the air defences...
As Trolling Thunder said, use the radio menu to call in some SEAD support, or whatever else you need. Also under radio menu is skip mission if you want to try a different target etc
Surrexen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 12:53 PM   #164
Viking 1-1

OK, I will try that.

Awesome mission!
Viking 1-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 04:56 AM   #165
Fercyful

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surrexen View Post
Yep that's correct
Thanks for confirmation Surrexen!
Having a blast here with your great missions. Many thanks!
Fercyful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 09:47 AM   #166
Digitalvole

I have a couple of questions if any one could be kind enough to answer them I’d really appreciate it

1) I’ve done the thing with the thing to turn on persistence, but when I go into the mission planner the Units I e destroyed are still there, is this normal? I’m looking forward to trying to take out the sa 10 sites but not if they are going to reappear.

2) is time of day randomised, and if not can I change it in the mission editor without scuppering the persistence (assuming it’s working)?

Thanks

Ps fantastic work by the way, so much more fun than making my own (predictable) missions
Digitalvole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 09:50 AM   #167
Surrexen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digitalvole View Post
I have a couple of questions if any one could be kind enough to answer them I’d really appreciate it

1) I’ve done the thing with the thing to turn on persistence, but when I go into the mission planner the Units I e destroyed are still there, is this normal? I’m looking forward to trying to take out the sa 10 sites but not if they are going to reappear.

2) is time of day randomised, and if not can I change it in the mission editor without scuppering the persistence (assuming it’s working)?

Thanks

Ps fantastic work by the way, so much more fun than making my own (predictable) missions
1. The units don't get removed from the map until the mission starts, so yes they will show up on the planner ... can't do anything about that.

2. Time of day is not randomized, you can't change it once the mission starts so it is not affected by persistency. You can change the time of day to whatever you like.

Go get em'
Surrexen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 09:57 AM   #168
Digitalvole

Brilliant! Thank you
Digitalvole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 06:39 PM   #169
Zaz0

Quote:
Makes me think that it doesn't have permissions to save to the folder or something, have a look at the dcs.log file and see what it says.
Sorry, my fault, I desanitized "os" & "io"

Thanks! great mission!
Zaz0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 08:34 PM   #170
Quae Tinnungulus

Default lua's

Quote:
It only creates a pair of .lua files that contain the names of the units etc that have been killed.
Can you tell me where these files are in the root and what there named?
I dont think its generating these files and if not is there a way to manually crate them and put what target's were killed into the lua's to load next time? If you have Tacview running do you think it my be preventing the 2 files from being written ? Thanks

Last edited by Quae Tinnungulus; 10-25-2019 at 10:32 PM.
Quae Tinnungulus is offline   Reply With Quote