A Tracer Static Effect!

Rysgame

A tracer static effect would be wonderful. Both for AAA and ground to ground.

I think this would be great for guys and gals making missions and they want a wide front ground offensive without the need for dozens and dozens of units and ammo resupply for them to continue to fire.

A what?

A function for ambient AAA tracer fire for immersion purposes

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

thats actually not a bad idea. it would also cut down on the need to trigger and place ground units.... why burn resources and ME time to create that firefight immersion?? I ahve struggled with this too. I wanted the immersion at night for particular missions/objectives but dont really care about the associated ground units as they would not be targts consequential to my mission...

in fact ... the more i think about it, its a great idea. Kind of like the smoke and fire effects.

+1

Edited by dooom

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

edit - double post... reply UI is acting very strange this AM>

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

Other games do have such an effect already: You define an area for ambient AAA fire somewhere on the map, adjust some parameters like the intensity of fires and there you go.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 1 year later...

This is more like movie making, ofcourse all the other games "have" it already, it's not an advancement, it's a compromise.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

OP idea could also be achieved by adding an infinate ammo option to the ME (as well as a barrage fire option for AAA units)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

OP idea could also be achieved by adding an infinate ammo option to the ME (as well as a barrage fire option for AAA units)

That would require actual units being put in the mission along with the more resources being used for the whole scenario.

A simple effect like i.e. ArmA3's "tracers module" that allows you to put an entity (not rendered) somewhere and it will make an area of effect / textures only barrage of tracers randomly firing around. Place it far enough and you get that alive battlefield feeling without "wasting" computing power for it

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Simming since 2005

My Rig: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming, AMD Ryzen7 2700X, G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200, EVGA RTX 2070 Super Black Gaming, Corsair HX850

That would require actual units being put in the mission along with the more resources being used for the whole scenario.

A simple effect like i.e. ArmA3's "tracers module" that allows you to put an entity (not rendered) somewhere and it will make an area of effect / textures only barrage of tracers randomly firing around. Place it far enough and you get that alive battlefield feeling without "wasting" computing power for it

I understand, but as mentioned earlier, it'd massively break immersion once you get too close. But hey, let's do both :D

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

I understand, but as mentioned earlier, it'd massively break immersion once you get too close. But hey, let's do both :D

[OT] In ArmA3 i usually put the tracers module along with some actual AI AAA tanks and use a little trigger magic sauce to disable the module and activate the units once you get close enough :D

[/OT]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Simming since 2005

My Rig: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming, AMD Ryzen7 2700X, G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200, EVGA RTX 2070 Super Black Gaming, Corsair HX850