Regarding the new Subs in DCS

carss

Submarine warfare is certainly interesting, but I don't think we'll anything but the bare minimum of it in DCS any time soon. And I'm OK with this because DCS is resource heavy as it is. Having some elements, just to make them seem believable from the air, is enough for me. If the next iteration of DCS can utilize multiple cores better though, that's another story and it would open up a lot of opportunities.

How much more can we expect than get submarines operate under surface like ships, then have dedicated actions to get them at specific profiles like periscope depth, launch depth and then surface?

IMHO we don't need anything else really than "There is a submarine somewhere, go!"

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

How much more can we expect than get submarines operate under surface like ships, then have dedicated actions to get them at specific profiles like periscope depth, launch depth and then surface?

IMHO we don't need anything else really than "There is a submarine somewhere, go!"

Yeah, that's what I'd be happy with. It's a simple enough approach that won't tax the game and that make subs play a role, instead of just sitting there.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Yeah, all that would be needed is an underwater for submarines to operate in, the ability for submarines to dive and surface, some commands to raise masts (persicopes, ESM masts, RADAR masts) and to launch weapons.

You don't necessarily need to simulate SONAR... Those basics would be such a massive leap forward.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 11 months later...

I just came across this new Submarine simulator under development that looks to be very high fidelity. DCS should consider collaborating with them so that they can take care of the Sub simulation and ED can focus on what they do best with aircraft. That way subhunters like the S-3 Viking could really be useful and popular in DCS. Working together they could really expand the battlefield more than they ever could alone.

I just came across this new Submarine simulator under development that looks to be very high fidelity. DCS should consider collaborating with them so that they can take care of the Sub simulation and ED can focus on what they do best with aircraft. That way subhunters like the S-3 Viking could really be useful and popular in DCS. Working together they could really expand the battlefield more than they ever could alone.

I think Wags said in a previous interview that they may add Submarine simulation as well

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry: